Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

I'm not too far into this game but god drat is the enemy chatter better than BL1, I shot a midget and his audio clip went on for like 10 seconds after he went down.

"Auuuuuuuuuuuuuu Auuuuuuuuuagggggggggghhhhh Waaaaaaaaaaaaa Final Words! Gasp"

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Just finished my first playthrough, and I'm so psyched to run through it again (and again when Mechromancer comes out, that should be fun). Usually sequels have some sort of weird gimmick or gameplay alteration that really messes with the formula that made a sequel a possibility in the first place but god drat did they nail this one so hard. It makes Borderlands look like an Alpha version to the sequel, every little tweak and brush-up goes a long way here. Gearbox is in a good place with this property, if they treat it well it is going to make them an absolute fuckton of money.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Attention Horse posted:

No kidding, my Siren is now level 43 and I can barely play. My guns do decent damage, but my shields and health are just poo poo, suddenly I have to play Borderlands like Call of Duty and sit like a moron behind some chest-high walls.

Sirens turn into a glass cannon in true vault hunter. On the plus side you have the ability to draw everyone on the field into a single spot where a few grenades and your shotgun should be ready. If you're killing guys one at a time you're going to get your rear end kicked.

Though the super badass psychos just beat my face in every single time. Fuckin' bullet sponges :argh:

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

So have they showed off the Skill tree for Mechromancer yet? Ive always dug pet classes so having a juggernaut robot to summon is right up my alley, but how does the character itself spec out, do we know?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

He actually said before midnight PDT which isn't for almost 3 hours.

Is it sad to go play borderlands 2 to pass the time while I wait for a key so I can play even more borderlands 2?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

Yes. Stop it.

Its too late for me, save yourself.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

So Im well into my 40's and have yet to see an orange. So that kinda sucks. I was also kinda sour that I've only gotten one e-tech gun, a shotgun that shot corrosive goo. This makes up for it.

It continues through whatever it hits, ricochets, and homes on multiple other targets flying through them too. One shot and it bounces around taking out all the shields and electrocuting everyone around. Pretty fuckin' handy gun.

Also now that I've gotten to thousand cuts in PT2, I only have one thing to say about TVH: gently caress Rabid Stalkers. gently caress them so loving hard.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 30, 2012

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Bashez posted:

gently caress you. I'm 44 and using 3700 damage sniper rifles. I can't imagine the insanity that would come with a sniper rifle like that.

Ive gotten some crazy guns lately, maybe the fact that I havent gotten any oranges is paying dividends in other ways. Like these 2:

Fires faster than any of my SMGs and is automatic, has a huge clip, practically no recoil and is dead accurate, plus that sweet sweet damage.

And if they get too close:

Owns

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

NextTime000 posted:

so don't get upset if you are not finding any purples or oranges, blues can be just as good sometimes. whites and greens though you are safe to NPC on pickup :v:

There are a ton of good green drops, the devil is in the details though. An optimal green with high rolls on accuracy, elemental chance, and dot on elemental can kick a ton of blues specs asses depending on how it was rolled.

I hope they do add a bit more variety in DLCs though. The whole brand loyalty thing they have going on with the new gun designs is really nice in that you have an immediate idea of roughly what a gun will do from just seeing it on the ground before you mouse over it. At the same time that means that there is much more limitation, 5 out of 10 Maliwan SMGs can be useful but Hyperion SMGs are universally useless. Even if you get one with a high ROF and DMG it will be outclassed by the lower ROF Maliwan SMG once you figure in elemental damage. Also, there are certain things that enemies have in the game that your guns cant do, constructors have heat seeking missiles, that seems like something Vladof would do. There are homing grenades but I have yet to see a gun with homing bullets, that showed up in BL1 (this kinda exists in the ricochets on some E-guns but Im talking like a pistol or smg that you can shoot around objects). Flamethrowers too (though to be fair I wouldn't be surprised if this already exists as a super rare E-tech, considering I had an E-Tech shottie that threw out globs of toxic goo).

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 30, 2012

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Attention Horse posted:

loving rabid stalkers, jesus motherfucking christ just die already. They're like boars in Gothic 3, they never ever stop charging at you.

Rabid Stalkers are such bullshit that I developed a strategy of blowing them up point blank with a rocket launcher. It takes 2 shots, and the first always kills me (that launcher could actually kill me 3 times over with each shot but w/e), and then a second shot from second wind and boom dead. Fuckers do too much damage and move too quick then pin you to walls and other geometry. Cheapest enemy in the game by far.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

qnqnx posted:

How about exchanging (very) large amounts of eridium for a single key? It's not like they don't have promotions almost every day.

Id rather eridium be used to buy modular gun parts. like 500-1000 eridium to assemble a gun, but you get to pick the stat bonuses and it gets a random roll (purple level) on them.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Insert name here posted:

It definitely is a bug. I've had it happen to random people as well.

Also he's chillin' inside a table apparently.

"I figured if I blue myself early I'd be nice and relaxed for a nine o'clock dinner reservation"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I actually tend to avoid Close Enough with anarchy for most of playthrough 1 since it sort of trivializes it, and you can do well enough without it for a more adequate challenge. Towards the end of PT1 or mostly at the beginning of PT2 anarchy suddenly becomes extremely hard to use without it and almost entirely reliant on the skill, since everything downs you almost instantly and you can't really tank anymore to get into close range or spend time missing bullets with an LMG until one hits. Enemy health also spirals out of control around there so even with anarchy you have to hit with a hell of a lot more bullets to actually kill anything, so that's where Close Enough becomes more necessary.

I like The Nth Degree since it's something decent to put points in to reach With Claws, as it's far better than Annoyed Android (useless) or Death From Above (which I really want to like but is simply way too anarchy-hungry and hypersensitive at the same time).

I have my Torgue massive pellet 3 shot shotgun just for this reason. Close Enough + Nth Degree + 300+ stacks of anarchy + Death From above with constant super fast reloading. Just bounce around, click the mouse in whatever direction you're facing and look for cool junk once everything is turned into liquid.

• Locked thread