Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
For the BL1 save game data from the OP, does anyone know if you have to own or have the original BL installed to get credit for having the saved game data? I created a new folder, just don't want to get screwed in the end. I had it for 360, would rather play BL2 on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Good god drat, this is so loving slow!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

I've been suck on this .NET Framework repair for like 15 minutes, this is loving dumb. What is the benefit of a pre-load if you still have to wait an hour to touch the game, especially when its the SAME poo poo it installs for every Steam game?!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Anybody have any idea how to change skins? I got a new skin as a quest reward and "used" it from my inventory, but I don't know how to change to it.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

So, 4 pages later.. Nobody figured out how to change skins?

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

When you're reviving someone, what is the green shading on their recovery bar. NOT the gree progress bar, the green behind that. It seems to vary from player to player. One NPC I revived had it full, but some Steam buddies had it partially colored.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

WastedJoker posted:

I think I'm going to mostly ignore sniper rifles with my Assassin. It seems like shotgun/explosive combined with melee and reloading boons are the way to go.

Dash in, unleash fury then use the decoy to back off to safety for a recharge/reload.

Dude, I love sniper rifle on my assassin. I can easily head shot multiple enemies before they make it to me, and shooting from the hip is effective too. I did get a pretty absurd gun for my level though.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Attention Horse posted:

drat, soundtrack in the Fink's Slaughterhouse is brilliant. Completely different from the rest of the game, I really want to listen to it outside the game but I can't find it anywhere :(.

I've run into a few songs I like, but they don't seem to appear to have any rhyme or reason. I was driving around the big fat mechanic lady's area (Dust..something?) and some really dramatic, guitar-heavy song came on for no reason, then faded out like 15 seconds later. I thought maybe I stumbled into a rare mob or a random boss or something, but I couldn't figure out what I triggered... :confused:

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

When do you get the fourth weapon slot? I'm carrying around too much conditional poo poo and would love more space.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Nechronic posted:

I started to appreciate zer0 more after I learned that most of his lines are in haiku.

I love running him, but I feel like they accented his sword too much in the promotional videos and images. Unless you dive head first into the melee line, it kinda blows. I haven't played anyone else to compare damage to though, but you'd think a sword against a shirtless man would do a little bit more damage.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

And you'd think a rifle round to the head should kill a guy, but guess not!

Actually, I one-shot snipe a lot of people. Psychos and unshielded Nomads mostly, but it happens. I'm going sniper on my Zero though, so that may have something to do with it.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Anyone else having issues with having a distant person's voice and gun fire sounding like it's right on top of you? I'm not talking about quest people on the radio- I was fighting some bandits in an instance, and they sounded like they were all over me but they were WAY across the room.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Okay so, as far as I can tell, these are the payouts for the Slots:

3 Bandits: A live grenade
1 Cherry: White Gun
2 Cherries: Green Gun
3 Cherries: either a Blue Gun or a big Cash Payout
3 Moxxi Legs: Elemental Blue Gun
3 Eridium: 1 Eridium stack
3 Erdium Stacks: it sets of some purple fireworks and spews erdium everywhere, you get about 20 out of it
3 Marcus: Purple Gun
3 7`s: A class Skin:
3 Vault Hunter Symbols: Orange Gun (apparently you can get E-tech guns as well)

I`m not sure what 3 Bells gives you though.

Going to blow some cash on that tonight. Looks like it has been pretty generous to goons in the past.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

BitBasher posted:

That switch is useless, you need to:
Go up the nearby stairs, jump over the railing and onto the pipes in the air, run across them into the second story room with a pile switches and open them all.

If you are at the cell with the chests, facing it, turn 90 degrees right and look at the far wall. There's a window up there above the pipes on the second story. That's where you need to go.

I'm trying this too, but your instructions don't make sense. There's no pipes or windows or anything.

Crimson Raiders base. Sanctuary. Where Roland hangs out. Where the bank is. There's a room with a Dahl crate behind metal bars, just past a couple rows of washing machines. There's a switch to the left of the door that does nothing. How do you open the door?

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

I REALLY wish you could scrub off some gun properties. I have one that just makes me angry. It's a blue assault rifle, GREAT stats on everything (clip could be bigger though). It has "Gatling" in the gun name. It fires 189x3 at level 15 or so. Huge damage. BUT it has that stupid "Fires as fast as you can pull the trigger!" crap on it, thus nullifying any "gatling" feature the loving thing has! Even before this gun, that was my least favorite modifier. So now, I have a gun with three spinning barrels that fires like a 3-bullet shotgun. Oh well, at least it's reasonably accurate at range, so it helps when I have groups of Psychos charging me.. :smith:

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Get a mouse you can write a macro for? Pretend you're playing Diablo?

It's not the same! :cry:

Also, they seriously need to patch in multiple keybindings for commands. I get that they want to double up on stuff so we have less keys to remember, but that doesn't mean I want my grenade button the same as my vehicle boost.. Why is life so hard?

Edit: Oh, be careful with the slot machines.. I usually back up from the one in Moxxxie's, so I can watch them both, and they both came up "bandits". Problem is, I was backed up to the bar and got stuck, so I died in the middle of Sanctuary because there's nothing to kill for a "Second Wind", which is kinda lame.. Someone should have come help me. Assholes.

TShields fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 20, 2012

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Anyone else forget to use their powers, or is it just me? Sometimes as Zero I forget what I'm capable of and never think of it until I'm dead..

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

So wait, red text guns always have a hidden special ability? Wish I'd known that earlier.. Oh well, there are still plenty more to find. These last 15 minutes of work are unbearable, and then I have to go to dinner.. but then finally, back to precious Borderlands!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Synonamess Botch posted:

Anybody else hate Dahl guns besides me? The burst fire when zoomed gimmick sucks and they don't really have much else going for them as faras I can tell

I had a really solid pistol I used specifically because it had the burst on zoom. It was good against bigger targets, like Badass Psychos and such. It would tear up big spider ants too.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Malek posted:

Thank you all very much

Don't feel bad, that took me like a loving hour. The map is too 2 dimensional, all you see are lines for new paths, but you can't tell if they're accessible or not..

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

I snipe as Zero, but on Salvador I'm purposely not using sniper rifles. I'm only playing Salvador with a friend, and he plays Axton and snipes. I get myself into trouble though, because I tend to charge in with Zero and melee things at lower health, since, ya know.. I can do that with him. But when I do it as Salvador I tend to get murdered..

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

So I opened a crate and found a purple sniper rifle with EVERY stat superior to what I was using. loving awesome, right? Well, it also had that every shot took 2 bullets on an 8 round clip. No problem, mine was low clip size too. But it also had that loving "burst fire on zoom" bullshit. So it ate an entire loving clip every shot. What a goddamn waste.. :smith:

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

So wait, is there a guaranteed orange from the Minecraft easter egg? I did it but only got the head item..

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

I just gave Moxxie like $37,000 and she gave me nothing in return. I have the "Bad Touch", I thought there was a "Good Touch" that you get later? Anyway, I was able to Alt-F4 safely and get back in and had all my cash back, but am I doing it wrong? Am I supposed to wait for her to do something, or can I do it all at once like I have been?

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Nastyman posted:

I didn't even realize just how strong I was until I accidentally found out I could slice off a crystalisk's entire leg in a single swipe, whereas even my strongest gun needed several crits to take them off.

This is a few pages back, but.. I hate to break it to you, but anyone can one-shot melee a crystalisk's leg. That's how they are designed.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

I'm around level 26 and just found a purple pistol that is the loving Needler from Halo. It is full auto with a decent size clip and fires a bunch of little blue spikes that stick in the enemy and explode a second later. I love this game!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Thanks for the Shift code by the way, as of this post they still work for PC.

Since everyone is showing off their pretty-shinies, figured I'd show mine too.. These are the guns I absolutely couldn't live without.

This was on the gun vending machine in Opportunity, and it is loving AMAZING. I think it was like $8k. One-shot anything with 16 tiny rockets!

I forget where this one dropped, maybe in the Fridge..? I remember I snagged it and gave my buddy my SMG hand-me-down, which was the same design but a few levels lower, just with Fire instead of Electricity. Still, beat what he was rockin'...

This one dropped in Lynchwood. It's a Needler-type weapon, shoots little blue spikes that explode. Super awesome gun, and it's full-auto.

I'm Zer0, so I have a sniper rifle too that's my main gun. I just got an 871 damage green that was better than the Golden Key purples I was alternating between.. Kinda depressing to upgrade your purples with greens, but quality is quality I suppose.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

DNK posted:

I'm not entirely convinced there is a right choice in the murder mysteries. I kinda talked to everyone not paying attention and then when asked who did it I spun in a circle and shot one of them in the face. It felt pretty borderlands.

See, I couldn't tell who it was in the first one from the "witness" testimony. All we knew was one guy was shot, and he had a shield? Two had shields, nobody was bloody.. The only other evidence was that it was a single shot. That rules out rocket launcher guy, so I assumed sniper dude. It's weird though- in my game, I accused someone wrongly, they ran off, and some unseen Deputy shot him dead a few feet away. In my buddy's game that I sat in on later, he accused someone, it was the wrong person, they ran, and disappeared into a building. Was kinda odd..

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

So, I just had my first "loving seriously?" moment with the story in this game. Post-Bunker spoilers: So, I can get shot, stabbed, burned, electrocuted, corroded, and blown to bits, and I can get a new body made.. But Roland takes one shot to the chest and he's loving toast. Game over. Dude isn't carrying a shield or anything? I mean, at least make it dramatic. And while he and Lilith are getting hosed up, I'm standing three feet away doing.. what? Nothing? You mean Zer0 didn't step in and try to stab the guy who he's been pursuing for ages? Didn't take one loving shot? I just let all that poo poo happen? All it would have taken was ONE shot of a force field coming up, or my character getting hit by electricity and forced to the ground, or SOMETHING. I mean, I know this isn't high literature or anything, but come the gently caress on. :argh:

Okay, rant over. Still loving the game, even if that part is going to piss me off every time.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

slovach posted:

Yup, Roland didn't think to wear any armor or a shield or anything while we go to raid the most dangerous place imaginable. Jack just hid in the room the whole time and then welp, one shot, dead.

I don't think he was hiding in the room, it looked like he teleported/"digitized" in behind him. He was still in the process when he fired.

Also, I like the idea about Jack being too rich for the New-U station to work. He's just greedy enough that he wouldn't give anybody a chance to get a freebie.

Edit: Oh, and to continue to bitch a little more (since it's one of my favorite things to do), when Mordecai gives you Roland's chest code, it was this big sappy "He'd want you to have it" moment. My chest was full of really, really lovely green and white shields. Uhh.. Thanks, Roland. Maybe if you had thought to carry one of these when you were heading to the fight, you wouldn't have died in the first loving place!

TShields fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 25, 2012

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

WastedJoker posted:

I'm finding this game really quite difficult with zer0.

Dude, seriously? I'm going down the left side of the Sniping tree and I'm a loving monster. I one-shot dudes firing from the hip. You just have to know where the weak spots are. I carry a good SMG too for groups, and the other two slots are grab bags- whatever other goodness I can find.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

What happens if you die, but don't have any money to get resurrected by a New-U station? Do you go back to the last Fast Travel spawn?

The game uninstalls itself. Permanently. :colbert:

But seriously, I don't think you could ever not have money to get resurrected. It's a percentage of your total cash, not a flat rate, so 10% of 0 is 0.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Come on Pitchford. I haven't played in two days, but now that I'm home and able to input a code, I don't want to miss out on keys!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Get ready, folks- he said they're coming soon.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

TheSpiritFox posted:

The number of people following his twitter has gone up over 200 since he posted that "coming soon" post.

These are going to be gone inside 60 seconds.

You have to assume at least a few of the new followers are for other platforms.

I got code the other day to work even after it was posted in this thread, so maybe we'll get lucky.

Edit: PS3 one is up, get ready!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Can't be redeemed?

Edit: Good god drat, that was fast.. I thought I was on top of that poo poo too.. The first two times I tried, it just said that it "Could not be redeemed", then it said it was gone.. gently caress.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

primelaw posted:

BOSS SPOILERS:

So my friend and I were on playthrough 2, fighting Bunker, when he decided to hit Bunker's eye with a sniper rifle and instantly bringing him from 95% health down to less than 5% in one hit. He was playing as Zero at Lv. 46 and had a sniper with about 9k damage. WHAT THE HECK :psyduck:

Well poo poo. I was hitting him hard as a Zer0 sniper, but nothing like that..

Speaking of hard bosses.. Demon Hunter about kicked my rear end solo. She basically one-shotted me every time I hopped down, but I kept at it and took her out on about my fifth try when I remembered my grenades gave me health. My rifle was 970ish damage and fire, and it would crit for like 9-13k when I hit the sweet spot. Totally worth the deaths to get a 2100+ damage sniper rifle at 28!!! The 10k damage rocket launcher she dropped didn't hurt either. I also got a lovely blue SMG and a purple Gunzerker mod. Yay?

TShields fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 27, 2012

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Combatace posted:

This gun, this gun is the best thing.

Reticle spread when I fire? Nope, not for this guy. I don't know if its the red text doing it or the +100% recoil reduction, but I can walk forward holding the trigger down and there is zero spread at all.

I also found my first orange gun, shame its bested by that blue.

Keep it for the Corrosive. I hear that poo poo is essential in the second playthrough.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

nexus6 posted:

Level 15 and I've yet to see a single orange item :smith:

I'm 30 and I've never seen one. You'll live.

Speaking of poo poo luck, I had 2 keys when I was running last night and decided that when I hit 30 I would use one, then in my second playthrough I'd use one as soon as I hit Sanctuary, and by then I'd be sure to have more. I had used one other key I had when I hit 20 and got a pair of lovely sniper rifles, so I was excited. ...I got two really, really lovely blue relics. One was faster skill recharge, other one was lower Vladof recoil. Seriously, game? You hype the gently caress out of this chest and allow that trash to drop? Now I wish I'd cheated for a billion keys when I had the chance just to gently caress with Gearbox. I wish I didn't feel the need to ration them. I hope I get more soon. I was seconds from doing it when the patch came down, even had it pulled up on my screen ready to go. Oh well.. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

I actually couldn't wait to finish the quest because I found that really weak.

Maybe Borderlands isn't the game for you...

• Locked thread