Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

nerdz posted:

EDIT: Hell yes

\o
Borderlands 2 Game and Premier Club DLC WW

Glad I got my key before launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

Wait, when you guys say it unlocks at midnight, is that midnight on the 17th or midnight on the 18th? Is this poo poo already out?

The store page says time until unlock
http://store.steampowered.com/app/49520/?cc=US

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Unlocked in finland with openvpn, sad you need to use it all the time though.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ularg posted:

And once again Gearbox shows me how stupid I am for not knowing the intro song. It's great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Rick(gibbed) was right, you don't need the vpn after you activate the game.

You need to run the game exe and not the launcher maybe, I also added the steam_appid.txt there. Shits working!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tufty posted:

I've tried that and when I run the game via the .exe a preload window comes up in Steam. If I move the txt from /Borderlands 2 to /Borderlands 2/Binaries/Win32 then I get an error message about how Steam has to be running in order to launch the game.

\steam\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32
You need to put the steam_appid.txt there, inside you put the appid for bl2 which is 49520

Then you run the game executable (Borderlands2.exe) from that directory. I've got my region for downloads set to chicago in steam, but I doubt that has anything to do with anything.

Also console works straight from the box
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97220542

edit: You've run the game at least once with the vpn right?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Awcko posted:

So, does anybody know where you go to get the gearbox gunpack and other premiere club extras? I got the key automatically.

It's in sanctuary by the portal there.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tufty posted:

Any ideas, or is my only solution to open Steam with the VPN enabled and then disable it whenever the game starts?

Might be, me and my friends are playing fine with that trick. Though we can't verify our games now to get the dlc stuff.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Seems the update broke joining other euro games for us, or something did. Steam no longer shows us playing the game so can't invite or even see other network games.

Got premium and it gave me 3 keys and I've already used one so got 4 total. I edited the dlc ini file to give me 2 so idk what happened

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 18, 2012

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

dudeman posted:

Could someone who has all the pre-order and whatnot DLC working post exactly what is in their DLC folder and/or what needs to be modified?

I know about this:

Thing is I have no /DLC folder and WillowDLC.ini doesn't exist in my steam directory.

I'm part of the crowd that bought the brand new nvidia cards with a free BL2 copy, which means we're SOL on the bonus DLC stuff, and I would really like to get my hands on it, since I would have done a normal pre-order if I'd known.
It has a steam_0.bin in it which I doubt you can get legally now.
Maybe just create that in C:\Users\ \Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config\ , contents were posted earlier.

Gunzerker is awesome when you got dual shotties that do 4000 damage each.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Gunzerker best character in the game

This bad boy does over 4000 damage to slagged enemies or if that one character uses their black hole skill to lift them up.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU0SX9Sxxdw&hd=1

Best unique in the game, at least for annoying people on your friends list

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Looks like a slag hyperion with the red dot, and another slag hyperion on the right with better accuracy.

It's a unique weapon that's a quest reward. The sounds come with it. And the excellent move speed.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Took me like 200k gold to get the 3x eridium in all slots, still haven't gotten the borderlands logo.

Alteisen posted:

Someone please tell me how to equip more guns, I hated having those slots locked in BL1 and I do in this one.

The main storyline unlocks them. The fourth one opens at around level 20+

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Sultan Tarquin posted:

To everyone who edited their keys once and can't do it again, here's how I did it. Make sure the number of keys in your .ini matches how many keys you have in your game. Say you have 10 in game and 100 in your .ini. Edit it down to 10, launch the game to check it's right then save and quit. Go back to your .ini then change the number to whatever you want.

I've found that however many keys you edited in previously will be removed from the total you get the next time. I had 10 keys in game and 50 in my .ini. I edited the keys to 256 but when I got in game I had 206. I don't know how or why but it subtracted the 50 from when I edited it before.

As told earlier in the thread just edit the SourceId to a different number and you can get 256 over and over again.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Darn, we finished the main story in coop but it didn't register it for me. So now I'm on a waaaay earlier story mission with level 32. Everything is trivial :( Oh well shouldn't take long.

Final boss dropped nothing good too.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

slogsdon posted:

I really wonder what the universe of Borderlands is like outside of Pandora. Maybe they'll expand on it in another game.

It will be in the next game or perhaps some DLC will touch upon it.

Story spoiler. Final thing you see in the game is new vaults on other planets, so definitely in another game

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Second playthrough and my best shotgun is a white one... yeah

Also this keeps happening with the chest
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97751987

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97752141

Edit: In case that's not clear look at the bottom right to see what I have equipped.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Delaio posted:

So I crashed last night in the middle of a MP session, and when I log back on the level 15 Gunzerker save file I was using is corrupted. Looks like I don't get to play that class for awhile. At least I have a level 20 Zero, but still, loving sucks losing that much time.

Totally corrupted? Hope you still have it, I'm sure gibbed will love to have it. Upload it to sendspace or similar and pm him a link.

Here's a link to a pm for him http://forums.somethingawful.com/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=95254

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Seems my euro game stopped working, possibly due to the patch even though I didn't download anything.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Holy poo poo the fight with the doc Zed sends you after as his first quest is hard on second time. He has a grenade that deals closer to 15000 damage. Full shield and health and was left with hundreds of health after each HOMING GRENADE.

And when he died his weapon didn't spawn so I couldn't even do the quest.

edit: reloading made it so I could search his body but still no gun from it

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 21, 2012

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Would've been funny if they punished pc players over the keys seeing how easy it is to get infinite keys on consoles.

Got this bad boy just before Tiny Tina stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98000629

It melts everything with constant 50k crits

And this green shotgun just before the end of the train stuff

So every shot is boosted slightly by the final bullet skill, then you switch to another weapon to get a kill to reload it. Gunzerker is op

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Pistolero is awesome. Killing shot for 275k damage with a goddamn pistol.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
480K best damage so far (pistol only), anyone broken a million yet?

edit: 780k against a slagged loader :o

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 22, 2012

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Playthrough 2 complete, no new playthrough opened. But at least I got a bunch of sidemissions to still shoot through.

Also broke the million damage in a single shot mark, and then tried the same to a slagged enemy for http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98516299

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kyrosiris posted:

I managed to get a Loot Goon Goliath to god level and all I got were two white guns and a green Pangolian shield. :smith:

There's one more level after that too. When I did the same I got my rare gun.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah, so it's raging -> badass -> super badass -> ultimate badass -> god -> ???

There's also a hulking mass of destruction that sometimes appears, at least on a dual wielding goliath. The one after GOD-liath is Fatal God-liath

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Meowbot posted:

Do enemies always respawn or is that just part of the first areas?

Kinda ruins my experience when I can't clear out an outpost and just pretend I am the king.

They use the same Hyperion cloning machines you do

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Occupation posted:

Yeah good assault rifles are REALLY rare this time around. I have a Torgue one that shoots rockets but even it's not anywhere near as good as my Torgue pistol/shotgun.

I have two assault rifles that both do 20900 damage and neither is as good as my pistol that does half that.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

slogsdon posted:

He posted about it earlier in the thread. I think his main problem was weapons.

Not a problem, just needs finishing up I think.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Where do you get the Bee shield? I doubt it's a quest reward but it might spawn more often from certain miniboss, just don't know which.

Also is elemental resistance worthless? I have 75% from shield+relic and I get like 95k damage from a super badass varkids poison projectiles

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kyrosiris posted:

More accurately, it can drop from anything, but Hunter Helquist has the best odds of any particular creature dropping it.

He seems to always drop some green weapon for me.

Got this from an ultimate badass varkid

Bounces where you throw it and when it hits an enemy it sucks them toward it then starts to electrocute.
edit: No idea what the special is supposed to do though.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 24, 2012

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

GreatGreen posted:

What happens when you beat New Game+? Is there a New Game++ or do get released back into the New Game+ world, where everything respawns and you can keep playing your favorite parts forever?

Also, can you reactivate and replay quests?

No new game ++, you are back in new game + but enemies seem tougher.

Can't reactivate quests yet, have to wait for gibbed's save editor for those.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Synonamess Botch posted:

Ok, so Tiny Tina's pink mines. How the gently caress am I supposed to get the ones by the buzzard academy and between the farm and the train tracks on the rocks? I've been going at just those two for longer than I care to admit. The first three I could just run up to but I can't run to these, sneak to these, jump to these, stroll up on em, nothing. What's the trick.

Crouch toward and stop every time you hear a beep, that's how I got all 5. You can even touch the mines, they only blow up after fast movement.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Yeah, I want to know if I will be able to fight unique quest enemies, etc. that don't respawn and I can't get a clear answer from anyone.

Also, is there a complete list of what unique enemies respawn/can be killed outside of quests and which don't/cant'?

The quests remain the same at the end of pt2, what you hadn't done remain undone. I haven't really looked if they scale. Any enemy is scaled up though and the minimum I see is level 49 (some buzzards).

Some bosses respawn again but for example at the end of wildlife area you get another unique enemy, and not the story one.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

My real question is whether there is a PT3, 4, 5, etc. or if there's nothing else after 2.
There is no pt3 in the menu selection.

washow posted:

Do mobs get like tens of thousands of hp later on? Already the guns are doing like 1k damage crit at mid teens...

Also that rocket launcher doing 6k damage :laffo:
Try millions of hp, especially in coop. I can crit a super badass launcher for 3 million and it doesn't kill it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

After a hundred runs I get a level 48 :( Quit dropping loot 4 levels below you Hellquist.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

After a hundred runs I get a level 48 :( Quit dropping loot 4 levels below you Hellquist.
Welp

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Seems they stealth fixed the infinite rocket launcher exploit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Frocious posted:

Edit again: Okay I got it. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99059368 Feels good. Are there any other farmable legendaries like The Bee around?

The replacement boss at the end of wilderness supposedly drops a sniper of some sorts.

That whole area is great for farming too, you have 4 big red chests and a few smaller ones.

edit: also curse you, I got a level 48 from hellquist :|

• Locked thread