Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I thought I was going to be way overleveled and coast through everything after doing all the sidequests after the wildlife place. Then I reached Opportunity and...well....gently caress robots.

Elemental damage really keeps me from tanking everything coming my way.

Also second orange I came across! Feeling like a boss on my zerker now.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Can I trade you something for this?

Sorry using that on my zerker. Gonna play with incite and bus that can't stop so I go stupid fast.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Cicadalek posted:

On a side note I'm still wondering if I missed something with Wilhelm. I understand that defeating an enemy that everyone builds up as being strong can make you feel badass, but if he turns out to be really easy it just makes everyone who built him up look like an idiot.

I feel like I'm pointing out the obvious here if you've played 10-15 minutes after that buuut its a trap!.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

NextTime000 posted:

to be fair, even in the first game all the side and story quests were set up so that doing all the available side quests before continuing the story usually puts you at about, or slightly above the intended level for the quest. at least it seemed that way to me

Yeah but I felt the having the level difference in BL2 wasn't as game breaking as they were in BL. I recall just walking over everything if you I gained a level or two above stuff in BL. Not so much in this game.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
17 shots for 1 ammo? Well my lvl 13 Siren is going to take it easy for awhile.

Gotta love the slots. Really wished the game had instanced loot to make multiplayer more stomachable.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Insert name here posted:

Pretty sure it actually uses four shots if I'm looking at the barrels correctly; even if it doesn't say "uses [x] ammo per shot" shotguns will always use the amount of ammo per shot equal to the amount of barrels they have.

Dammit you're right. Back to more slots for me.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Tediore on the cutting edge :allears:.

And man the difficulty is racking up again after lvl 24+ which is nice.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Valen posted:

I just want to replace my 15 level-old class mod and relic. :( I've seen nothing but lovely whites that can't beat +3 to Helios or the +exp relic from Mordecai's treasure hunt quest. The chest is clearly meant to fill in gaps in the itemization in the game, but gating it behind those keys that instantly get used up can't be the best solution.

Ummm use the slots? The slot items scale as you progress through the main storyline. The greens from slots should be fine when it comes to weapons.

I find the neediness over the golden keys to be crazy. I mean in these kind of loot games alot of it is about finding the loot.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Oh yeah I've never seen mods/relics from the slots item. But mods kinda start spawning all over chests at 24+.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Woo think this maybe the first decent e-tech weapon I've found.

And man do I feel like I'm cheesing the game at times when I'm running at +60% speed. But then I hit those points where I have like 1000 health remaining with 20 dudes firing at me.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Sultan Tarquin posted:

So e-tech weapons. Can you ever get them without elemental damage? And can all manufacturers have them? I don't think I've ever seen an e-tech jakobs. Infact I've only ever seen a regular jakobs sniper rifle once just before fighting Flint on a 3rd character.

Probably. E-tech weapons seem about rare as orange items in general from my playthrough so far.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Cardboard Fox posted:

I just have to wonder how other classes handle the big guys. As a siren, you just throw your Scorn ball and pick up any big dude with Phaselock, then headshot them to death before your lock even ends. How do you guys handle the badass shield wielding dudes on other classes when you're playing by yourself?

I'm pretty sure hitting the shield with any elemental gun will do partial damage through the shield. This goes against with any physical shield I believe.

They may also drop their guard in melee range too.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Zoran posted:

Postgame secret easter egg quest spoilers (not my discovery):

http://youtu.be/sKeLaWuRzO0

Carry the Ring to the fires of Mount Doom.

I love this game.

This loving game , god drat.

Now to keep an eye out for any mods that make you go fast.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Man what guns are you using that are making everything crap? You could be just overleveled for the zone since gun level is heavily tied to the general enemy level.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

CJacobs posted:

I don't know who exactly was going around saying "Purples are absolutely required to beat the game because they are the best and oranges are too rare!!!" but that sure sounds like what you're trying to prevent people from saying, even though nobody is saying it. I've never found a single item in a store that was better than what I already had (and that's still not changed from the first game) but does it mean the stores will always have lovely stuff in them? No, but it does mean that my stuff is all better, even if it's not all purple.

People give the impression that they NEED those purples/oranges when they go on about how those guns aren't coming up. You can get by the game fine with greens from the slots. When people go on about how they're getting no purples/oranges they sound needy. Like they're doing too little damage to progress through side/storyline quests. Its an RNG hell lootgame at the end of the day.

Buuuut onto guns, found this earlier

I don't like hyperion guns aside from shotties :negative:.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

The Gunslinger posted:

I think I nailed what my problem with the loot in this game is, it's the damned "Every shot uses X ammo" modifier being on everything. I can't even remember the last time I found a shotgun without it, heck its on easily half of the SMG and ARs I see. I want some way to tamper with the game files and change that :(

Stuff with extra ammo consumption generally does 50% more damage minimum than similar weapons at their level. Their fine if you have to get a bad rear end out of your face or need that spike of damage for a second wind. Definitely not guns you wanna main unless you're Salvador with ammo gen mods.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Oh god what the hell are wrong with rabid stalkers in true vault hunter mode?

They seem incredibly tanky and my launcher that does 30k shock damage only does like 4k to them with their shield up.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
My gunzerker was 47 and I was abit bored of leveling so I decided to check out that LOTR quest run. Got these goodies:

I was expecting level appropriate guns, I left mildy disappointed :saddowns:.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I think its the delivery of the lines that make Tiny Tina so irritable for some people. You just get too much of her insanity in such a short period that it can be sorta grating.

Also praise the RNG lords tonight!

Rolling along TVHM and working my way through sawtooth cauldron. Then Mortar drops this:

Awesome! Then hop down to check out the chest blow:

All the colors of the drat rainbow here~!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

CerebralDonut posted:

Any tips preparing for TVHM as a gunzerker? Flynt is kicking my rear end.

Moneyshot and a shotgun. Seriously moneyshot makes stuff so much easier.

A slag gun in the offhand is nice too. But yeah TVHM is pretty brutal. Oh and guns that consume more ammo per shot are much more helpful too.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 6, 2012

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Man I feel like I'm tripping over blues/purples in TVHM on my gunzerker. Vendors especially seem to stock more blues/purples.

And finally a half-decent e-tech rifle~!

While this vladof sniper still fires drat fast with -50% firerate.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Songbearer posted:

Okay, whereabouts is the first Sal ECHO?

Its along the right corner by the vendors I recall. I found it the most missable log since the area is so tiny that'd you figure nothing would be in there.

Tried farming the warrior for about 2 hours no oranges and just 1 e-tech:smith:.

Gonna try farming that red chest at the end of the arid nexus. Each run is like less than a minute.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Zikan posted:

Just noticed that Gaige gets her own type of elemental damage type electrocute, different from shock.

I believe thats specifically the DoT effect shock weapons can proc. Its damage is usually increased by "+elemental effect damage" from badass points I think.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Tommy 2.0 posted:

So this isn't an MMO, right?

So, why are they nerfing The Bee?

I was under the impression we were playing a game for its level of ridiculous, not going :blizzard: on everything.

Its not an MMO but it still bad on the developer end when people trivialize content with in game mechanics. While it does effect coop too.

Like why mess and experiment with variety when you've got the bee.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Skaw posted:

Because Gearbox also screwed up and made the big 4 farmable bosses giant pains in the rear end with regards to dropping the specific items they have in their loot tables. You're right that it's not an MMO, so why do we also have to farm like it is? The Bee, as is, is the only thing that makes the tedious bosses tolerable. Also The Bee is the only thing that really allows other characters to keep up with a Salvador using the Rocket Damage sharing on his Gunzerking. If you want to talk broken and trivializing, it's right there. Ran the game with a guy playing Zero and another playing Salvador, and bosses still melted because of that aspect of Gunzerking before either of us had Bees.

I'm going to agree that farming sucks with their drop rates. It'd be great if they were higher or you could dump money/eridium to bump overall drop rates. But a boss being a pain in the rear end to deal with is sort of the point of a boss.

And yeah that Salvador bug with launchers and off hands is pretty ugly. But moneyshot with shotguns that consume +3 ammo is even more broken when it comes to boss killing.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah people on the gearbox forums are reporting better drop rates in general. Atleast in this thread http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=167685 .

Could just all be a placebo~!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Humerus posted:

So is this an E-Tech weapon? I haven't been able to play this game as much as I wanted to, but this is by far the best gun I've found so far.

Also, anecdotal evidence for the increased droprates, I started a game with Gaige last night and found a purple and a blue runner skin in those Bullymong bone piles near Liar's Berg.

Yup, e-tech text color is more of a magenta.

Never seen a non-elemental e-tech apart from the quest one though. And I wished e-tech pistols/shotguns were better. Loss of crits makes them iffy.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Gaige echo log #3 is up.
http://youtu.be/4Qe4m0Oydw4

Well it explains alot!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Target Practice posted:

Who else saw this coming with the "early" release of Gaige?

Well something was up when the download size was about 550MB for "Gaige".

Was sorta expecting some holiday content for Halloween. Pirates fit I suppose.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Not seeing a dramatic drop rate increase personally but did snag two orange goodies last night.

I spent just under two hours farming the warrior without seeing any oranges and only one e-tech. Then when I was vendoring my stuff after reloading. The Dr. Zed machine had the black hole shield for its daily deal.

Earlier I was rolling the slots and got a vault payout. Then two eridium jackpots in the coarse of 30 minutes.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah her T1 skills are way more potent than other classes. Atleast the left and right trees.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Xenaero posted:

So the gold box doesn't even give out really good stuff if you're a relatively high level?

Well the gold chest only hands out purples and e-tech.

Farming bosses at 50 is generally better since they'll always drop purples while having a chance for legendaries.

The only notable exception about the gold chest is how often e-tech can spring out of it.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
E-tech smgs might be bugged currently. They seem to do much more damage than listed. Although it might be the shots exploding on-hit and doing bonus damage?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Paino posted:

I really wish they tested this game in solo play, which they evidently didn't. I'm lvl 29 with Salvador, and the Giant Skag 2 shots me. Most of its attacks are pretty much unavoidable too.

If its that sidequest boss skag I'm pretty sure all its attacks are dodgeable. Take cover for the laser/missile attacks while jump to avoid the shockwave/ground pound.

I think I just tanked the shockwave the first time I killed it with Salavador. Gunzerking to recover my health when instead of actually dodging the attack :downs:.

But yeah if that skag is giving you that much trouble can't wait too you see TVHM.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Roberto_Silencio posted:

So, does The Warrior get harder in True Vault Hunter mode? Like new attacks and such? Because I found a spot where you can hang around in where he can't touch you and you can just plug away at him without fear, making the whole encounter trivial.

Nope, boss is extremely trivial if you break DPS thresholds and force him into whack-a-mole mode.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Kyrosiris posted:

People who worry about "breaking" a single player/co-op game with no competitive elements are the worst people.

Eh it really depends. People may want to play as group working together. Not some dude just obliterating everything before the other players even take a shot.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

nerve posted:

Do not play with these people. Voila.

Well that may work, having to sorta through these players just detracts from the coop experience.

It just adds busy work before you really get to play. Being able to break the game too much is almost worthy of having some filtering to sort games out. Coop is kinda a pain outside of friends with non-instanced loot already.

BL2 is a much better game than BL but man the multiplayer falls short.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 16, 2012

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Giantbomb has a quicklook on the DLC up !

http://youtu.be/KWjtPV5_lTk

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
You access the DLC from the quick-travel stations. It was near the top by Sanctuary when I went for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Just cleared through Hayter's Folly in the dlc.

The music there is fantastic, both the ambient music and combat. I'll need a rip of those sometime

• Locked thread