Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been playing the game recently and was wondering if the best way to do side quests is to do all of the ones available after every main mission or if it was better to wait to do some because of the way scaling works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Disregard.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 21, 2012

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

My skins aren't showing up in game after I unlock them with the item. Is there something else I need to do to get them in my skins list?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

They show up as skin items in your inventory. If it's like mine you'll only have one show up each time you start a game until you've used them all.

I got that and used it, and it said Skin Unlocked, but it's not showing up in my skin menu.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Have you always been able to turn on PhysX on an ATI card? I just noticed the option today.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I wasn't sure about being on the moon with O2 and all, but now that I realized you have permanent moonjump essentially, I'm much more excited. Wilhelm seems like an awesome take on the turret class, so I'm pretty excited for this game too!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kruller posted:

I might be developmentally disabled, but I can't seem to get the cetrainer file to download at all. I go to https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzwzLan5IF4vVTJmREdmRFhpNE0/edit?pli=1 and it's just a google docs page with no download links, the file menu isn't clickable, nothing. It just shows no preview available and no way to actually get the file. Did I miss a step?

When I click that I have a download button in the middle. Do you have any script blockers or something on google docs.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Salmanilla posted:

I'm looking to try this game out, and it as well as borderlands are on sale currently on Steam. Are these games essentially open sand boxes? I'm without work at the moment and would have the time to invest in these games, but I'd most likely be playing them alone as I can't imagine many people are still playing borderlands 2, let alone 1. Are both of these games doable solo?

I played BL1 mostly co-op, but haven't played co-op BL2 much at all and have 70 something hours in the game, all of which I enjoyed.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Greenplastic posted:

I like both Claptrap and Tiny Tina. I guess I'm lucky to be able to play these games annoyance-free :)

I like Tiny Tina in her DLC and just didn't really care either way in her original appearance. Claptrap can be annoying, but I also find him funny more than not.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Critical posted:

For what it's worth I just asked Gothalion about the scaling in PreSequel and he confirmed that he talked to the devs and it has been brought back to BL1 levels and is not at all insane. So good news.

Let's hope they don't listen to the inevitable whining on the official forums and end up bringing back BL2 scaling, because that would be awful.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

fookolt posted:

That's cool, I actually preferred BL1's playtime to BL2's.

Yeah, I think I'll probably enjoy the Pre-sequel more if it's shorter than BL2. As much as I like BL2, with the expacs (that of course I was forced to go through every playthrough except hammerlock's), it was too long for me. If it's shorter than BL2 and maybe is brought up to BL2's length with the DLC I'll be very happy.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RatHat posted:

Are there any mods that make the game scale to your level from the start? Thinking of getting this but that really bugged me in Borderlands 1. Since I'm the kind of person who completes all the side-quests I'd be massively overleveled.

I've been doing all the sidequests and while some of the main quests are below level, I don't ever really feel overleveled in this game unlike BL2.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RatHat posted:

Hmm, alright then. How melee heavy is Krieg? He seems really fun(and his fire tree looks nuts) but I'd like to actually shoot dudes sometimes.

Alright so for some reason I though I was in the Pre-sequel thread. You'll feel slightly overleveled in Normal for BL2, but it's not too bad especially compared to BL1 and TVHM fixes scaling. Krieg can be melee heavy, but shooting is still what you're going to be doing for the most part unless you use his action skill.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I have a feeling those drop rates still aren't high enough for me really.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really wish I could play TPS characters and cryo in 2 because I really don't like TPS levels too much.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a table for TPS like the one a few posts above?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Thanks, I haven't played TPS since October of last year so I figured I'd up the loot for TVHM Athena and trying out the DLC characters.

• Locked thread