Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So have you guys found the unique Psycho, Geary? He drops unique heads, managed to get one for the Commando and one for Siren, as well as one for my Assassin:

I also got this quest reward:

Oh Gearbox :allears:

As far as I can tell, that pistol actually does about 650-ish damage, with bouncing multi-shots. It's pretty nasty. Also, B0re is broken as gently caress. The game counts Skag Riders and at least one boss as B0re passing through enemies, so it's really trivial to absolutely tear through some big enemies. It owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

TShields posted:

So wait, is there a guaranteed orange from the Minecraft easter egg? I did it but only got the head item..

I'm not sure if that boss in particular is set to drop it, but I did get the same orange as a few other people from him apparently, so yes, it looks like if you farm him you have a chance of getting it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Badass Creeper and block loot is random each time you load up Caustic Caverns. I didn't even get an Eridium blocks my first time through.

Didn't Gearbox say certain bosses have Legendaries associated with them though? Like, each boss has a higher chance to drop a specific orange so you can theoretically farm certain ones to get the specific one?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Speaking of Midgemong... Sweet merciful christ, he is insanely susceptible to B0re. I tore his health bar down to zero from full in maybe 1 second of sustained fire from my Moxxi's Good Touch on PT2. I really hope they never patch B0re :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

NoodleBox posted:

Is it just me or is Zer0's action skill really crappy

I'm probably not using it like I'm supposed to, but it still seems really ineffective to me

Also, holy Jesus Gearbox fix the scrolling when using shops

Do you mean that weird rear end bug where scrolling the wheel makes the highlight loop over the same two or three items in some weird split way? Because holy gently caress that poo poo sucks.

Also, get B0re. B0re makes Deception infinitely better. Multi-crit kills with one shot all day :whatup:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

gibbed posted:

The person playing with me when we did that did find a purple Siren skin (neither of us were Siren) from a smashable loot pile I think about halfway into the gauntlet, but nothing else other than the chest. Unless we missed something. Does it respawn?

Yeah, about halfway up, look for a unique Psycho called Geary. I got unique Commando, Siren, and Assassin heads from it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Naw that poo poo's way overdone. Just have Claptrap try to hack into the New-U Network to re-activate Roland's Account data, then have Claptrap gently caress it up in typical Claptrap fashion and all the New-U stations in Pandora start pumping out a mass army of hostile Roland clones, that terrorize Pandora all while yelling "It's like Christmas!" and "Critical Bitch!"

I guess Ned can have a cameo or something. Maybe have the New-U's really gently caress up and start re-spawning old BL1 Bosses.

Oh man, this would be loving glorious. I'd love to see that, it'd be chaos.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Got a new favorite rifle. Fully auto and it tears through enemies like crazy :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Nastyman posted:

Some mid-20s quest, I'm afraid I can't remember the name though and it hasn't turned up on the wiki yet. There's bound to be someone here who knows though.

I think it's called Hyperion Contract #873 or somesuch. It's available in Overlook.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I just spent 9.95!! posted:

Can somebody who's doing well with Zer0 at a high level tell me what they're doing? I'm at 47, my best weapon by a longshot is a 3700x16 Torgue shotgun. I've tried every spec, sniping has worked the best but it gets pretty boring. I have the same problem as other people with melee, in that you don't one-shot people at this level so the Many Must Die or whatever skill doesn't do anything and you just end up decloaked and surrounded/instantly killed. Law and Order work so-so but I only have about 30k life and I can't outheal 3+ enemies trying to pack my poo poo in at once.

I've also had terrible luck with drops. I haven't ever found a legendary and I can't remember the last time I found a purple. This shotgun I have was given to me, along with every other piece I have worth a poo poo. I'm starting to think the solution to all my problems might just be a good SMG, since that's what got me through in BL1, but I was also Brick with a god mode/free kill skill, not "go invisible just barely long enough to hit something one time."

Make sure you sink at least one point in B0re. I will parrot this until I die, B0re is broken and does terrible things to enemies :colbert:

Aside from that... I'm L44, and my skill tree looks like this:

It's insanely satisfying to get a multi-headshot set of kills, and you can rack up crazy damage on your first fully loaded sniper shot, especially paired with an Amp shield. Also using 5/5 in Fast Hands because absurdly fast reloads are always good to have.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

I think if they ever acknowledged that the NewU stations existed it'd open up more plot holes than it'd close.

They do though. BL1. Claptrap even explains New-U stations to you right at the start and informs you about them storing your data and whatnot :psyduck:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I'm seriously glad I just use a trainer for my keys. And one I didn't have to pay for at that. gently caress trying to F5 battle people for a code, goddamn.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

primelaw posted:

BOSS SPOILERS:

So my friend and I were on playthrough 2, fighting Bunker, when he decided to hit Bunker's eye with a sniper rifle and instantly bringing him from 95% health down to less than 5% in one hit. He was playing as Zero at Lv. 46 and had a sniper with about 9k damage. WHAT THE HECK :psyduck:

Does he have B0re? Because I managed to kill him using a single pistol mag on PT1. B0re is seriously glitchy-broken and it's awesome. It'll do that to certain bosses.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

what the hell, seriously? I had no idea.

Yeah. No lie, I wrecked Midgemong's health bar from full to zero in about a second on PT2. B0re is... interesting. Something to do with the way it calculates piercing damage. It considers certain enemies as getting pierced through multiple times with a single shot, so damage stacks up really loving fast and accumulates near instantly.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Well, I got to demonstrate the joys of B0re glitching tonight to the rest of my co-op team. BNK-3R was still firing rockets despite being dead while we were looting the area around his corpse. Good times :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

For the people wanting a working trainer, LinGon's Blog is usually updated when he has a new one for the newest patch.

And gently caress Rabid Stalkers so hard. Jesus those things are a bitch.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

TheSpiritFox posted:

Lingon trainers are notoriously terrible at interacting with games. When they work they do everything you could ever want them to but 99% of the time they do not work, probably because he wants donations to "make it work" with your standard steam install. There's one below it from fling and it seems to work at least for golden keys right now, I just tried it out a second ago.

Funny, i've been using his trainer and he's been updating it the very same day the game gets patched, and I've had no issues.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I had the same issue with LinGon's trainers. Run the .exe, hit "home" and then it does nothing. Nothing on the trainer itself is clickable. I'll try something from cheat engine next

Did you click the Info button? It lists all the commands to hit ingame. Also, make sure you've got the right trainer version for the right Steam version?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah, the Info button isn't functional

That's... odd. I downloaded the version from his blog and everything works fine for me :psyduck:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Welp. So the "Heal Plz" challenge decided to bug out and keep completing all 5 levels infinitely until I exited the game and restarted. And uh...

That's -after- I burned a good 200 - 300 tokens from it doing that non-stop for 15 minutes. I think i'm set when it comes to tokens for a while...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Paino posted:

So I get to waste 5 mins just trying the mission to see where I should park my vehicle to better cheese it, then run back, and cheese the mission. Wow, this is some stellar gameplay design. (Thanks for the advice though, didn't occur to me at first)

EDIT: It's Borderlands, I want to shoot stuff. Not doing lovely Assassin's Creed snoozefest quests.

Just wait until you get to the "Kill this enemy type until it drops these quest specific items" quests later on. Yes, they took a page from the WoW book of quest design in some spots :sigh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Lexorin posted:

Yeah, but those ones can be done in any zone that hosts those mobs. So you can usually do them while doing other things. The timed missions are just cruel.

I attempt to block those from my mind. Same with Statuesque. DEFEND THE CONSTRUCTOR DEFEND THE CONSTRUCTOR. gently caress that quest so hard :argh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Paino posted:

Is there a challenge or something where you have to do all side-missions? Because I'd like to skip those bullshit quests forever and focus on the guns, you know, this being a game about guns and all.

There's a Steam Cheevo for it. If you really, really want that achievement then yeah, you have to do all the side missions. I think there's also challenges for Badass Rank for doing side missions.

EDIT: Actually, speaking of Achievements... where in the gently caress is Donkey Mong? I see an achievement for killing him but I've never even found him :psyduck:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 28, 2012

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

So it seems like the Heal Plz glitch that allows you to essentially have infinite Badass Tokens is caused by completing all 5 Tiers of the Heal Plz challenge, and then having a class mod equipped that regens health. Since my Assassin has all 5 tiers done and is always rocking a Survivor mod that has like +2k health regen, it's feeding me infinite tokens because the game keeps cycling through the challenges over and over as I play.

So, there you go guys. If you want infinite badass tokens, just do all 5 levels of Heal Plz and then equip a class mod that regens health.

Welp.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 29, 2012

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I bet that even with a seven-digit Badass score, you're still getting 4 and 5-hit-killed on TVH mode. :smugdog:

EDIT: Jesus, at first I wrote :smudgod:

Oh god yes, haha. TVHM is still a harsh, harsh mistress :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

TopHatGenius posted:

Rabid Stalkers and Skags need to go to hell. Enemies that attack non-stop with TONS of shield and health? Sure! :fuckoff:

Ugh pretty much this. gently caress Rabid Stalkers so hard.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Elemental damage is way more important in playthrough 2, the multipliers both for getting it right and wrong are way, way more pronounced and everything has so much health that using the right element is key to killing things before they can kill you. Mix it up with slag and the right elements of grenades, even assholes like the rabid stalkers will melt.

Also, to folks looking for kickass assault rifles, go with Torgue in playthrough 2. The explosive damage is huge and they can still get critical hits. The synergy with a Rifleman mod on Axton is insane. This bad boy I found right before Boom and Bewm carried me through the mid-40s, when I upgraded to a bigger version that's rated for 3800 damage. I've got a second minigun with 1500 damage as well rated for level 38, put both of those in the stash for the Gunzerker when he hits TVHM.

Something seems hilariously pointless about a Minigun with a bayonet that isn't even as long as the barrel :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I still want that explosive murdercannon of a sniper rifle you see Mordecai using at one point. Good god that thing is brutal...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Entreri posted:

Everytime I try to download this, my Microsoft Security Essentials instantly deletes it. Virus or false positive?

False positive. I've been using it without issue since the first version of it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I don't want to set the world on fire... :h:

This is going to tear right through unshielded guys.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Jesus tapdancing christ.

Combined with...

Lead loving hurricane :stare:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I'm starting a Terramorphous mods dealership, I'm swimming in the drat things. I've got 5x L50 Assassin Terra mods, 1 L50 Gunzerker Terra mod, and 1 L50 Siren Terra mod. Also a L46 Bee Shield. Anyone want to trade? :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

TShields posted:

What is everyone using for a Zer0 sniper build? I kinda like my build, but I'm curious what everyone else is using. I'd post mine but I'm at work. I'll throw it up later.

This is my current spec. Along with a Slayer of Terramorphous mod that adds +4 to a ton of skills, it's pretty nice.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Man, I don't see how you guys hated the Dr. Ned DLC in BL1. I seriously loved it. Shotgunning entire zombie hordes while dealing with Dr. Zed's TOTALLY NOT EVIL brother was hilarious :shobon:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Pink Pandoracorn is the best skin :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Shrapnac posted:

Where? How? Need.

Loot / Buy 15 Oranges. It's the reward for the challenge.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

How are you people having trouble with Terra? :psyduck:

Seriously, dude's soloable.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Donnerberg posted:

How do you avoid getting thrown out of the map? Only the edges of the area seem to guaranty that nothing will pop up below you, but you have to run to the grass to get ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd8vdqhybXA

By doing that :v:

Hang out next to the gate on the grassy ramp and pop him from there. He can't come up the ramp and he can't fling you out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Not everyone is a Gunzerker :P

Seriously though, I went back at 50 with my GZ and solo-ed him. The tried it on 4-Man. Same thing, all on TVHM.

Scroll up, I'm not either. Assassin :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I don't think Moxxi appreciated us littering her floor :v:

• Locked thread