Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I hope that nvidia physx stuff is actually in the game, not just some tech demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

Yodzilla posted:

I don't see why it wouldn't. Other games like the Batmans have offered similar neat but optional PhysX stuff for hardware that supports it.

You are right, I have just never played a physx enabled game on the PC. I didn't want to get my hopes up for nothing because I think it looks pretty cool.

GreatGreen posted:

Really? Why should it? It's just a lot of physics calculations and maybe extra shader and textures. Just because it's marketed with its own fancy name shouldn't mean it takes some special kind of magic that can't be handled by some combination of your normal CPU and GPU.

I mean, does dynamic lighting need it's own specialized hardware unit to run? Parallax mapping? The Euphoria engine, which combines pre-rendered animations with naturally occurring physics? No? But they're special, segmentable parts of graphics performance that were implemented after the traditional, simple geometry+textures 3D graphics. And if that's the case, then why should extra physics calculations in a game that already supports other physics 3rd party software like Havok?
Physx actually used to be a standalone card that you would install in the computer. Then nvidia bought them and incorporated their stuff into nvidia video cards. I'm not sure if it is all code or if the card has a pysical chip used for nothing but physx, but I think it is a bit more complicated than stuff like Havok.

XarsonX fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 13, 2012

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

PirateNipple posted:

Is this really unlocking when Steam says it is unlocking? If it is then I can play when I get home from work tomorrow night :dance:

When does steam say it is unlocking? Can't access steam from this computer otherwise I would check myself.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
Am I supposed to get a shift key in my email after signing up? Or is that something purchased somewhere.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
Dear Steam Users.

We'll be performing routine maintenance on some of the Steam servers tomorrow, Tuesday September 18th, 2012 around 16:00 PDT (23:00 GMT).

Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected for the duration of the maintenance. Some content downloads may be briefly interrupted. Game play should generally not be interrupted but may be impacted for some multi-player titles.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I can't connect to a friend. Is this just me, or is it still down?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
Is anyone able to connect to friends at the moment?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I'm having some weird physx issues. Has anyone noticed some effects no longer showing up? When I started playing I would open an outhouse and a flow of liquid would come bubbling up, now when I open them it just spurts a bit then quits.
My physx level is on high, I'm not sure if there are other settings that I am missing.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Hey PC Master Race guys. Internet scuttlebutt proposes that the Vault Hunter Relic is nonfunctional and the game never checks that +5% rare drop value at all. Is this actually true?

I don't know if it is true, but it sure feels that way.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I'm am just coming from the perspective of BL1, where I found quite a few oranges in chests and from drops. I understand they wanted to make them more rare, but I don't really have that in my mindset just yet. I still sort of expect them to appear every now and again, especially from boss fights.
I just need to remind myself that BL2 oranges are more like BL1 pearlescent guns.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

gibbed posted:

So I just investigated the Vault Hunter Relic data.

It modifies two attributes:

GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_RareWeightModifier: +0.05
GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_CommonWeightModifier: -0.06

Let's set them to +100.00 and -100.00! :allears:

Net result: I have not seen a single white weapon drop, greens drop, seen a few blues. Nothing else.

So, what I can gauge from this, is that it shifts a 5% of your chance for whites into non-whites. Doesn't touch anything else. Very low impact, perhaps bordering on useless.

This is hilarious.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I couldn't find an answer on google :effort:
Can someone tell me how many levels Fink's Slaughterhouse has?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Huh...so you can blow a million bucks on slots, not win anything, alt+f4 out and reload your save with the million bucks unspent?

Or go into coop, drop all of your guns and alt f4 out? I wonder if it would duplicate all the weapons like BL1 on the xbox.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I made it to the easter egg location in caustic caverns but there were no blue blocks. Do they spawn randomly or did I miss something?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
Welp I'm dumb. Thought I had profile.bin on read only and used my last key.
I always miss the drat tweets too. So dumb.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

GunblazeGriffin posted:

The UI claims another victim :(

And, yes, WillowTree is for Borderlands 1. gibbed is working on one of his famous save editors, but it hasn't been released.

If it's any consolation, two more should be happening today, one at 11am CDT and another at 3pm CDT

Awesome, thanks for the news. I can get it for sure today.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I want my talking shotgun at a higher level.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I still don't understand how areas level. Everything in caustic caverns in level 16 but I am level twenty five. Do I need to do a bunch more story missions, or will it stay this way till next play through?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
Finally found an orange gun and it was a level 16. I kind of wish the areas would level with me and not my story progress.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
So is there some way to transfer skins and heads from the download in this thread to a main character? Do you have to place them in claptrap's stash, or is something easier possible?
I would like a top-hat, but I don't really want to play another character to sanctuary to get one.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

TacticalGranny posted:

Customization items are account bound and not tied to individual characters. Just load the saves, click a bunch of stuff, and the skins will be unlocked for any characters you have or create in the future.

Ahh. Thanks for the clarification.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
Can I farm anything for an infinity gun? Or is it just a random drop?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
How are you guys getting Anarchy stacks above 150? The perk says it stops at 150 right?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

gibbed posted:

No, though I think it's close to that point.

What does the save editor allow? Just stat messing? Can you change guns ?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
Still don't quite understand leveling. Are bosses capped at a certain level till the second play through? I finally got to hunter as a level 34 and he was a level 31. Farmed a bee and finally got one but it is level 28. So nothing better till tvhm?

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I fell under the blight. Thought I would be dead when I hit the water but nothing happened so I ran around for a bit.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
I can't wrap my head around what they are "balancing". It's not like an unfair advantage against other players, it isn't a multiplayer game. I was getting a bit bored with the game and the bee was making it fun again. Hopefully it isn't nerfed beyond the point of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Well, I looked up that "fatal error" and it seems my profile.bin file is corrupted, and fixing it would mean I lose my badass rank/heads/skins/keys. Anyone know a way around this?

This is kind of crappy but you could always cheat them back into the game.

• Locked thread