Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If we can start preloading can I also get an invite?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Boogle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

President Ark posted:

Convert all cheaty keys into Silver keys. Add a chest that is opened by them in town; unlocking the chest makes it play some obnoxious 3-minute long message about :razz: you're so awesome we love you please play our game :iamafag: before opening to reveal it contains exactly one (1) dollar.

Repeatable, of course.

I'd prefer a live grenade, similar to the slot machines.

Also, is there any way to plant the pizza in the Splinter Group sidequest without using Salvador? Either I'm being dense or the pipe to get to their lair requires using the short dude.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Entreri posted:

Everytime I try to download this, my Microsoft Security Essentials instantly deletes it. Virus or false positive?

The easier & non-sketchy way (assuming you have at least 1 key): set your profile.bin to read only, launch game, open chest, quit back to desktop, repeat forever. Just remember to tick off read only when your done.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

ColHannibal posted:

Is it just me or is lynchwood disproportionally hard?

Its because dudes keep respawning in never ending waves when you enter that "town" section of the map.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is the Bee always fairly low capacity? I got one to drop and while I can do comical amounts of damage, it's not very Mechro friendly with all the run-and-gun I have to do.

I use one with 20k capacity, except it has a 6sec charge time :smith:

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
You people need to join the Bordergoons steam group chat, i wanna kill Hyperius dammit!

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jusupov posted:

Anything that's in the save can be messed with. Guns, shields, stuff.

Would it allow for resetting quests or the gameworld? I want to start a fresh new TVHM game without actually starting a new character. I'm suprised its not an option in in the first place.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Captain Foo posted:

What the hell did I just watch :stare:

Is this for real? I've never heard it in normal or TVHM.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Griffon posted:

If you go into C:\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\<profile number> there's a file called profile.bin. If you set that file to read only it won't record when you use your golden keys. You should exit the game and set it back because it's also what tracks your bad rear end score.

They fixed that. Just make a copy before you open the chest several dozen times. Replace it with the backup you've made when you're done.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Started looking at random public games so I finally saw Hyperius and Gee for the first time. And wow, the quality of this game's content really goes down exponentially toward the max level.

The numbers in general just get completely ridiculous, in which it feels like you're killing everything instantly or getting killed instantly, with no middle ground or sense of balance. It feels like I'm doing practically nothing when my Bee is not charged, then suddenly I'm a 50,000 damage-AR bullet spraying killing machine.

There is no skill involved with Terramorhpous, it's just hoping someone else distracts it while the person with the right gear kills it in a matter of seconds. Aside from a few of its attacks, you can't really dodge, it just gestures at you and suddenly you're going off the side of the cliff. Most of the times I've killed it, somebody just used a Bee and Conference Call to off it in ten seconds. There's some point toward the end of TVHM where the line of progression just stops, and winning or losing becomes less about anything you do and more about what you had the patience to farm for.

I'm not even sure where to start on Hyperius.

I've done Terra in a four-man group and none of us used bees for it. It was a legit challenge. Hyperius seems to be balanced around the fact that everyone has bees. Gee is just an attrocious slog and bugged to boot. On top of that the Seraph stuff isn't all that impressive.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

gibbed posted:

Save editor, r124.

Get it here.

Edit: here here? heh.

HOW TO RESTART TRUE VAULT HUNTER MODE (TVHM) AT LEVEL 50

1. Open the save editor and select the save game
2. Select the Raw tab
3. Scroll down to MissionPlaythroughs
4. Select the MissionPlaythroughData that have a PlayThroughNumber greater than 0, and delete them.
5. Go back to the main Raw tab, scroll up to ActiveMissionNumber and set it to 0.
6. Scroll down to PlotMissionNumber (again in the Raw tab) and set it to 0.
7. load up your character and enjoy!

Just tested it and the first couple of bullymongs you encountered were level 50.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Snicker-Snack posted:

I had a similar problem. Everything was fine until I got out of Lion's Berg with Claptrap, and then everything went to lvl 35 or so. Dunno what could have happened.

It appears some areas are coded to be a certain level. So you might get some mish-mash of guys that are level 50, and guys that are level 30-48.

Might need to do more tinkering.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

It turns out that the Pumpkin King was in all of our hearts the whole time.

That is pretty contrived.

So hungry :smith:

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Crabtree posted:

Why is shock damage the weakest of the elemental effects and why is to so stupidly hard to get second winds by electric DOT?

You won't be saying that when you encounter invisible assholes.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
HOW TO RESTART TRUE VAULT HUNTER MODE (TVHM) AT LEVEL 50
(for real this time!)

1. Open the save editor and select the save game
2. Select the Raw tab
3. Scroll down to MissionPlaythroughs
4. Select the MissionPlaythroughData that have a PlayThroughNumber greater than 0, and delete them.
5. Go back to the main Raw tab, scroll up to ActiveMissionNumber and set it to 0.
6. Scroll down to PlotMissionNumber (again in the Raw tab) and set it to 0.
7. Go to RegionGameStages (again in the Raw tab) and set the GameStage in every single RegionGameStageData entry to 50.
8. save the changes, load up your character and enjoy!

WARNING: This will also change the levels of dudes in Normal Mode to level 50, so make backups of your saves!

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
What does it take to get a decent game with goons? The Bordergoons steam group is dead and nobody hangs around there anymore. :(

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm going to be firing up a game if anyone wants to join me in the Bordergoons steam group, as soon as I finish downloading it of course.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If you people are looking for a good way to farm Torque Tokens just do that arena barfight thing.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Digital_Jesus posted:

Does anyone in the steam group have a conference call and/or a bee they wouldn't mind duping for me?

I've got one but I won't be back until 4pm EST. so if you're available then i can dupe stuff for you.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bieeardo posted:

I'm enjoying the story more than I did the first DLC's, but the vehicle-related parts are just getting up my nose. It took me three or four tries to get past the first death race, and I succeeded only because I'd taken out a few of the spawns before getting blown off my ride. The cyclists themselves are bloody annoying too, with those shotguns hitting for loopy amounts of damage if you can't keep them to a longer range. It's fun to ram the fuckers to death, at least.

Just make sure you have The Afterburner relic before starting the tier 3 version. Its impossible otherwise.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Technique posted:

Holy poo poo. Walking The Dog is even worse than the Tier 3 race. Who the gently caress decided that this mission would be fun. This... this is the worst mission i've ever seen in a game.

Use a vehicle.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

incoherent posted:

They really need to add the DLC to the browser search. NOBODY is playing the new DLC, really?

I'm currently sitting idle in the Bordergoons steam group chat if you want a TVHM run through of the DLC.

You people also need to join chat to setup a game, or at least tell me where are all the goons at. Playing with greedy loot-grubbing pubs is dumb as poo poo.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lady Gaza posted:

Just started the Torgue DLC and it's really hard :/

what level are you? Normal or TVHM?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Lone Badger posted:

I know Corrosion is weak against Shields. What are the other elements weak against?

Corrosion = armor
Shock = shields
Fire = flesh

Its also odd that I keep a corrosive sniper for killing buzzards instead of a rocket launcher.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
After killing a Psycho: "NO YOU HAVE A TIME OUT"

:v:

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Drighton posted:

Is Bordergoons still active? Seems like my friends are moving on to other games or won't buy DLC. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052268814

Not really. I've been pubbing it up because goons don't join chat to setup games anymore.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

If only you could do that instead.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tombot posted:

Actually, this is happening to me and a friend of mine. I have a feeling it may have somthing to do with the steam cloud. But I have no idea what.

If the savegame in the cloud still has the timer active that might explain a few things.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hi posted:

Hey, I beat BL2 TVHM a while ago, got the mechromancer and played that thru and lost interest so I never got either of the two actual content DLCs but...

my roomates playing thru and shes really bad, so Ive been using gibbed editor to keep her equipment top tier for her level. its worked pretty well thus far but as of yesterday it wont let me open her save... some error about being unable to reencode or something?

Is there a different editor or a work around?

Get the new version from Gibbed.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
With Maya I do okay with this build. It might not have any of the fancy toys that are deeper in some of the trees, but then I personally think the point investment into useless poo poo in order to get things like Reaper is pretty dumb. Just phaselock the biggest dude in a pack, throw a grenade at him (slag transfusion grenade mods are pretty good for this), and mop up.

I also use a Hellfire, carry both a shock and corrosive Maliwan plasma caster, and wear a duped legendary class mod so what the gently caress do I know.

Edit: I also use one of these shields too.

Boogle fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 28, 2012

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I remember getting echos in opportunity talking why Hyperion weapons are named after technobabble, and that Bandit was unsophisticated and misspelled. I wish they had that for all manufacturers :allears:

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL VIRIAL MARKETING

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It "works" but as soon as you kill boom bewm the script to blast open the doors will break, preventing you from progressing.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bieeardo posted:

Someone hold me. There's new hotfixes.

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
January 29, 2013

Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.

I don't know why they bothered with this one. Money is pretty worthless in this game anyway after a certain point.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

Oh wow, thank you for this!

gently caress that dude, this game isn't an MMO. Go for gold: http://blog.gib.me/category/games/borderlands-2/

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fibby Boy posted:

I don't actually think there are any loot midgets in any of the dlc's. I've gone through all of em about 9 times in UVHM (all four on Axton, all four on Maya, only Tina's with Salvador) and I haven't seen any show up. Hell I went through the first three dlc's on all the characters in TVHM and didn't see a single loot midget.

You can easily farm them if you don't pick up the ECHO's for this quest.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Marogareh posted:

Metal Fear is my favorite of the bunch by far.

I like Admiral Asskick for Maya. It's a good one because it doesn't look terrible and comes with a fancy cap that looks pretty snazzy.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ulvirich posted:

Witch doctors do not have a critical hit box.

They do, the problem is that you have to get behind their giant gently caress-off mask in order to hit it.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm just firing this back up with Gaige while I debate getting the pre-sequel. Does anyone have any mecromancer build and gear recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bort Bortles posted:

Thats handy, I will definitely give it a try then. Thanks for the info.

I really wish it came with a scope and with different elements, but it's still pretty amazing.

• Locked thread