Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

TyroneGoldstein posted:

the default settings, as many people have pointed out, are just ludicrously stingy with the decent drops.

What would you consider decent? Because I get the feeling a lot of people only consider purples, oranges and red texts decent, while I would call those great.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Maybe I'm just lucky... I'm on level 26 on my first playthrough, haven't done any farming except opening one red chest maybe 10 times once (yielding a few blues), and I already found four orange weapons and some awesome uniques. On top of the awesome sidequest-guns like Moxxi's heartbreaker - I almost feel spoiled.

Edit: Maybe the trick is avoiding reading wikis about all the awesome guns you don't have. I love that jackpot-feeling of getting red text and checking online what the hell it does.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 25, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

LAY-ZX posted:

Go buy a drat lottery ticket, right now.

Wait, checked the orange badass-rank challenge, I've apparantly come across five! Oh, and I also found the blue Law around level 17-18 as a random drop, which gives +100% melee damage, which suits my melee-build Zer0 VERY well. I'm just now realizing how lucky I've been.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 25, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Zyla posted:

I started a new game with the cheat engine drop modifications, and yeah, this is so much more fun it's insane.

I bet i can squeeze another 40 hours out of this for sure.

Okay, I've outleveled most of my good equipment and not been so lucky since, so I'm starting to see your point.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Hey guys, what levels are the DLC's at? Do they scale? I'm having a hard time finding out on the googlenet.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ddraig posted:

They start off around the level 30 mark, they don't really scale until playthrough 2 I think.

I'm 31 on my first playthrough, If I jump into a DLC, will I ruin the rest of the main game by outleveling it?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
poo poo, I'm already at 31 after Where Angels Fear to Tread Part 2, this game is way too easy to outlevel. Looking forward to TVHM!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 26, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Holy poo poo, Saturn dropped a Hive, and the Hive drops Saturn with ONE shot. OH YEAH BABY!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Christ, I read everywhere that you're guaranteed an orange drop when you first complete the game but no, nothing. It's so sad that such a loving awesome game had to end with a sense of complete disappointment.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Christ, I guess I heard wrong about it being guaranteed, and keeping that in mind, I think what happened to you would make me quit the game instantly! gently caress, maybe True Vault Hunter Mode is more rewarding.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
So guys, I'm wondering if playthrough 2.5 leveled to 50 from the start is easier than playthrough 2 (TVHM)? Basically trying to figure out if I'm gonna keep playing, because TVHM is too hard to be fun.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Reiley posted:

* Lots o' tips *

Thanks, this is great. My problem is mainly getting rushed and downed way too quickly by mobs, even when I try to keep my distance. I just can't down the bastards fast enough. Any tips for tactics or builds with Zer0? I ran full on melee on first playthrough, eventually wielding Law & Order and chaining up to 10 kills per Decepti0n with maxed out Bloodshed tree, but that poo poo ain't working right now. Still got my 425 damage Law in a slot for the 100% melee bonus for when they get close though - it's the only gun that's actually stays useful in some way.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ulvirich posted:

Non-Torgue Shotgun and B0re is pretty amazing for a crowd clearer alpha strike. Just need to make sure you line up your shot. If you can't take care of the non-badass/boss problem within one or two trigger pulls then you need to update your gear. Don't fall for the sniper rifle trap in the sniping tree, (I know this is obvious but) don't go full-melee Zer0 either. Full melee is horrible against armored targets, bosses and useless against fliers. I'd go major in cunning with 26 points, and the rest in sniping.

Try out:
Fast Hands, your choice of next 5 points, Rising Sh0t, Innervate, Tw0 Fang, Death Bl0ss0m.
Headsh0t, your choice of Killer or Precisi0n, B0re, Velocity and the rest in 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill

If you manage to get the shieldless shield from the latest DLC, then Fearless would be absolutely amazing. Killer will lose it's effectiveness in multiplayer and on the other hand, Ambush would be better in MP.

There is a better damaging melee weapon from the Pirate DLC with a caveat I can't remember, but really, melee is really screwed in TVHM.

Hahaaa, I tried your build and BAM, I'm ripping through level 45 enemies with a level 42 vladof pistol and Jakobs sniper and those awesome kunai that I never even considered before! Thanks, you just turned the game around for me.

Edit: Oh, and Reiley, thanks for the tips, especially the part about jumping to keep momentum from sprinting. I always sprint, but I never thought of that! I'm gonna try respeccing back to melee when I get some better melee gear, maybe when I hit 50, definitely when I get lvl 50 Law & Order, simply because it's loving awesome when it works. Right now I'm gonna stick with this maxed cunning + sniper build for a while, because it felt good to switch it up a bit, and it still supports run & gunning to a certain degree (I like sniping, but I hate medium to short range cover-combat...)

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 1, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ulvirich posted:

That man had a family you MURDERER.

:3: Glad I could help. Don't be afraid to use Gibbed's saved editor to scale up sub-50 quest rewards. You won't be able to get them at level cap unless you beeline the main quest to cap. Give the Pirate DLC a go if you've the scratch for it!

Looking forward to level 50 Morningstar :D

But yeah, thanks, really, I would have missed out on a lot of fun if I ragequit the game, and I was pretty close! I'm actually on the PS3, this thread is just a lot more active, sorry bout that, but I desperately needed some tips! Anyway, I think it's time to use a golden key, I need some new gear. But I only have a few, and the one time I used one I got some useless class mods. So I'm wondering, if I open the chest to check the contents, then quit without saving (the equivalent to alt+F4 ), will the key be back? I just need to ask in case it autosaves or something, those keys are preeeciousss!

I'm fantasizing about reopening the chest until I get a good sniper then again until I get a vladof pistol - and I should be set!

Edit: By the way, b0re rocks. I never noticed how often enemies line up in hallways before now, and drat they go down.

Second edit: What is this shieldless shield ye mention?

Third edit: I'm saving sidequests for 2.5, so any tips on where to farm XP so I hit the cap before endgame? I just finished the Wildlife Exploitation Reserve.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 1, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I did every sidequest I could find the first time through, and I'm at 46 on TVHM now with no sidequests done. Will I have a hard time getting through the next parts without doing sidequests you think? Wilhelm doesn't give enough XP to be worth farming anymore, and I guess there aren't a lot of farmable bosses before BNK3R unless I do some sidequests? :/

Ah well, If I get stuck I'll just use the Evil Smasher glitch.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Zyla posted:

Just do the sidequests. There's maybe three or four of them that will give you anything you might want to use later on and its basically the phoenix shield, law, order, and maybe the thumper. Its really nothing to stress over saving for.

Really? What about Moxxi's Heartbreaker? Tiny Tina's teapot-gun? Do they suck at lvl 50? They were sooo good in the first playthrough.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 2, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Dukeofdummies posted:

drat, I don't like to cheat.
but 127 hours into the game and I have only ever seen two E tech weapons randomly drop...

I still haven't seen an Etech SMG, and I am convinced it's nothing more than an urban legend.

I just got an electric E-tech blaster SMG! It shoots energy bolts, has 48 bullets (/2 per shot) and rapes stuff with shields!!

It makes me so depressed to know it's gonna be obsolete in a few levels :'(

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 2, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ulvirich posted:

Cheat Engine is God's way of saying your lifestyle choice of console is incorrect. :smug:

Even though Borderlands 2 has been one of my favorite games ever despite its shortcomings, I have to admit you're loving right!! Anyone know how the Mac Steam version would run on a Macbook Pro with 2.2 quad i7, 8 gig DDR3 with AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB?

AND can you play it with a controller? I know it's weird, but I hate playing FPS shooters with a mouse.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 3, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ulvirich posted:

Ok, well, since you're willing to repent your console sins, even if it is a ~Mac~

Going by this link; yes, yes you can. They recommend Motion Joy and make sure you have the "Playstation 3" radial button switched to "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator".

Awesome! But waait, does cheatengine work on Mac? I see there's a port out there... But is it up to date and such?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
drat, I've been working my way through some sidequests in the Fridge in TVHM, which is scaled to level 47 I think, with my best weapons being level 42, and drat, It's really teaching me how to play the game! I was hosed 10 meters into the cave at first, now I'm almost through to Rakkman with only minor difficulties. Takes a lot of rocket launcher Second Winds, but being persistent has taught me a bunch of good tactics. gently caress Rats.

If I didn't Save & Quit every time I died I would have been broke by now though.

Edit: Wohoo! Rakkman Forever gave me a lvl 46 version of the lvl 38 E-tech Plasma Caster SMG I've been using to take down shields! Oh yesss. Is posting about awesome loot okay here? Don't wanna spam, but awesome loot is kind of the point of the game, right?

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 3, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Opened that loving chest four times, and what do I get? Class mods. One lovely bazooka. Class mods. Shields!!! Where are my loving guns!!?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
What the gently caress just happened!? I just fought BNK3R in TVHM, and he went down in like 20 seconds with a Torgue Spitter, faster than the ION-Loaders in the preceding area!??! I was prepared for a hell of a fight! This game keeps confusing me.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Dr. Stab posted:

You were playing as Zero, and you had b0re, right?

That kills the bunker in seconds.

That's right. But doesn't that require shooting through another enemy? I actually thought the game had bugged out when I saw his health bar completely black. I didn't even have time to notice it dropping!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

The White Dragon posted:

Nope, he has a few "sweet spots" where B0re will basically two-shot him. It's very easy to get to happen. Did it run the introduction or were you just doing Bunker runs? From the sound of things, he actually resists B0re if it runs his intro video.

It was the quest, with the intro and all, but it must have worked, cause drat.

Edit: I guess this means it's farming-time :D

But wait... Do respawning bosses and their loot scale to lvl 50 after endgame? BNK3R is 48 now, will he be 50 after endgame?

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 4, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I'll save my farming then, as I'm about to break 50 and getting close to the final mission! But first stop will definitely be BNK3R to gear up with b0re :D

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Yeah, first stop after putting a bullet in that fuckers face :)

By the way, 2.5 doesn't entail starting a new playthrough right? You just hit continue and keep playing post-final-mission?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I'm fascinated to know the mechanics behind this now. I bet its some sort of funny game engine quirk where they have to put some sort of special entity inside things classified as robots or machines in order for the game to handle it properly and you're tickling that entity.

IIRC, B0re is the only skill that allows complete mob perforation in the game, right?

I think a few guns, including one version of the Fibber, has bullets that passes through enemies and keep doing damage, but they don't get the 100% damage boost per enemy penetrated.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Second Wind fodder.

Yeah, I never actually spotted the turret, but If I shoot the constructor with my bazooka, I usually get a second wind.

For those who never thought about it, or read about it here before, ALWAYS keep a powerful launcher in one slot for second winds, especially on TVHM - it's saved my rear end countless times.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 4, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
YEEESSS! My FOURTH non-farming legendary drop on my one and only character, just as I hit level 50, and it's loving level 50! A homing pandemic grenade mod - can't wait to drop this mutha on some loving loaders :madmax:

This compensates for opening the sanctuary chest five times and never getting any weapons except for a rocket launcher.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 4, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Reiley posted:

If you haven't already used all the other key codes on this list: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key they're all still valid, so now that you've hit 50 it would be a great time to plug them all in and get yourself a gigantic pile of purples.

Nice! 24 keys!!! Please chest, give me Vladof pistol.

drat, this Pandemic grenade is awesome! It kills stuff I didn't know was there!

This game has gotten so much better now. The scaling is bad at level 50, but it's so nice with consistent difficulty instead of constantly being under or overleveled.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 4, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Warrior dropped an Impaler!!!

That's TWO legendaries in one day without farming :D

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Since I've only soloed so far, I never found much use for slag. Until I got a good slagging singularity grenade... Bunch 'em together and b0re the fuckers!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 5, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Finally, The Bee! No elemental resistance, sadly, but still, that's three oranges yesterday, one so far today :D And I only had to farm for two of them! Can't wait to try this one out, it seems like the one essential legendary.

So, is the Conference Call really as awesome as people say, or is it only useful for certain builds? It sounds difficult to farm, but I need to get some legendary weapons soon, and need to figure out where to start. I want the Infinity, but it sounds like it's almost impossible to farm...

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Mar 5, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Got the Jolly Roger, but what's the point of a shotgun that shoots in a skull-pattern if it doesn't make bullet holes :argh:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Oh my, a whole DLC about a mythic treasure! This is gonna be awesome! Let's crack these babies open! Two useless purples... gently caress you Gearbox.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Gave up on Farming Doc Mercy for an infinity, got Pirate Booty DLC and started farming the treasure room instead, and BAM, after two Hornets in a row (???), a Rapid Infinity, with a motherfucking 9.0 fire rate! KA-CHING!

Now I just need a class mod with a good bonus to 0ne sh0t 0ne kill :madmax:

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 8, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
So, Topneaa VS PBFG? Which one do you guys prefer?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ulvirich posted:

Maliwan e-tech rocket launchers's gigantic AOE isn't affected by silly excuses for geometry. Using one of those in the Bar in Torgue's DLC* is a guaranteed room clearen even if you can't see the enemies.

* - God drat it now I feel like I'm advertising the DLCs to you, I'm sorry.

Don't worry about it, I need some new content, love Torgue, and love killing stuff, and want vending machines with legendaries, so I think I'm gonna go for it very soon :)

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Is it possible to solo any raid bosses with Zer0 without cheesing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Okay, doing the level 50 Torgue Bar Fight, level 3. Struggled a little at first, but then I figured out that Unkempt Harold+Sheriff's Badge+PBFG+Impaler+Pandemic = TORGUE POWER LEVEL 999

By the way Ulvirich, you weren't kidding about the PBFG! When the timer is about to run out I just start shooting the walls in the general direction of the red dots on the map, and they just disappear!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 9, 2013

• Locked thread