Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I don't suppose anyone's in the Seattle-Bellevue area and wants to crack into some Mage once the 20th anniversary book comes out.

crowtribe posted:

Mage: ????

Mage: Reality is flexible and certain enlightened people have the ability to manipulate it. That in turn means that secret societies have been working against each other for a very long time in an attempt to work out just who gets to show humanity what's "real." It's a bunch of random philosophers, hippies, priests, and freaks vs. a technocratic hive-mind that treats 1984 like an instruction manual vs. a handful of crazy people vs. a Lovecraft cult on PCP.

The central conflict is arguably the Traditions, representing all sorts of human mysticism and imagination, vs. the Technocracy, representing technology as a positive force in the world, and both sides have perfectly valid points for and against their approach. That's one of the reasons why it's often a "cold war," as the Traditions get as much use out of cell phones and cars as anyone else, and the Technocracy isn't likely to stamp out sex, music, drugs, or religion anytime soon.

Mage is really flexible, though, so you can do just about anything with it if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I want to say there's a Gift in a splat somewhere that radically extends lifespan, but drat if I can remember where. It'd make sense for it to be a Bone Gnawer specialization, though, since all their best Gifts are about survival.

It's not uncommon in other media for werewolves to be long-lived/functionally immortal, though.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I have to admit that my favorite power in all of the old WoD is the Correspondence Sphere. It's useful for everything and that's before you start being able to appear in more than one place at once.

• Locked thread