Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Deadpool posted:

Have they already filmed the back 13 for season 2?

Not sure; they might've actually meant that when they said "season 3" in the podcast. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

When it was announced, it was said it was going to be the back end of S2, but who knows (or cares? I blame that bitch Irene)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
They are offering a free episode or something on their facebook. Haven't seen it since I detest facebook apps.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Has there been an announcement about an air-date for new episodes? I remember watching this at the same time as True Blood at one stage, and that show is coming back soon yeah?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

xcore posted:

Has there been an announcement about an air-date for new episodes? I remember watching this at the same time as True Blood at one stage, and that show is coming back soon yeah?

They just announced August 1 as the return date.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

J-Spot posted:

They just announced August 1 as the return date.

The perfect Birthday Present!

I really wish they did more podcasts. When was the last time all four of them were actually there?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

xcore posted:

The perfect Birthday Present!

I really wish they did more podcasts. When was the last time all four of them were actually there?

They did post a new one recently:

http://www.thetenderloins.com/

Though I think the last time they were all together was on Q's birthday.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Ghostpilot posted:

They did post a new one recently:

Is that the one from May 11? It's not enough!

And yeah, i guess my comment was kind of stupid considering Q's birthday was two podcasts ago, but still.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So, uh, my girlfriend and I might end up being on this show. We were the target of a skit in Washington Square Park in NYC with Brian Quinn. Pretty surreal.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

So, uh, my girlfriend and I might end up being on this show. We were the target of a skit in Washington Square Park in NYC with Brian Quinn. Pretty surreal.

Did you ruin the joke??

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

Did you ruin the joke??

He won, if that's what you mean.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
No need to spoil the skit if you don't want to, but can you tell me about the "behind the scenes" type stuff? Once the skit is over do four cameramen run out asking you to sign releases? Does Quin/The Joker just walk off once he is done and never talk to you or do they stay for a chat? What size crew is it? Were the other jokers around/nearby? etc.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

xcore posted:

No need to spoil the skit if you don't want to, but can you tell me about the "behind the scenes" type stuff? Once the skit is over do four cameramen run out asking you to sign releases? Does Quin/The Joker just walk off once he is done and never talk to you or do they stay for a chat? What size crew is it? Were the other jokers around/nearby? etc.

So as a foreword I'd never actually seen the show before and the only knowledge I had of it was from promo materials, so pretty much all familiarity I have with the show's concept is from the YT clips I just now looked up. It's pretty amicable all around, though. Crew members were visible the entire time but my interactions with Quinn were so surreal and altogether not that joke-y that I didn't mentally connect him with the crew until the very end, where he was actually interacting with the other three dudes. At the end of the skit he ran back to tell us about the show and that he won thanks to us, although I'm still not sure what the dudes were actually trying to get him (or us) to do. A single dude approached us pretty much immediately after and gave us some papers to sign, definitely seemed pretty candid about everything.

I shook Quinn's hand at the end. Possible joke spoiler: Looking back, in what I'm sure was a scripted gag, Quinn gives me the handshake/fist-bump fakeout and we mash fingers awkwardly. He tickled my palm.

I also have no loving idea where they could have possibly put the cameras.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

I also have no loving idea where they could have possibly put the cameras.

A lot of the outdoor bits have people sitting on the benches with a camera peaking over the top of a newspaper. Or they'd have two people have a conversation and the person facing the bit will be holding a camera under his arm or something.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Officially renewed for season 3:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/07/08/impactical-jokers-renewed-for-season-3-by-trutv-new-series-jokers-after-party-greenlit/190843/

Also ordered six episodes of Jokers After Party, a new post-show series where they chat about their favorite moments from various episodes.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Hopefully they get a good sized raise out of it actually being called the 3rd season. Q has seemed a little less enthused about IJ over the last few months of TESD, but maybe that's just me reading too much into his attitude about it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope they branch out into other cities.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

redz posted:

Hopefully they get a good sized raise out of it actually being called the 3rd season. Q has seemed a little less enthused about IJ over the last few months of TESD, but maybe that's just me reading too much into his attitude about it.

I think it's probably more the wear of the shooting schedule talking there. He's said before that doing the show with his best friends is a blast, even if it the schedule can draining.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Definitely, they seem to shoot a poo poo ton for the show, it really shows because all of the bits that make it to air are great.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Teek posted:

Officially renewed for season 3:

Wow, and we still have a second half of Season 2?

A guaranteed 22 more episodes of Impractical Jokers makes me happy.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Deleted scene that involves a net: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_GoyzgYuO8

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

New episode in 3 days! :neckbeard:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I saw a commercial for it, and it reminded me to set my DVR.

So pumped.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
This is going to be great. Impractical Jokers is the only show on TV that consistently makes me laugh with every stupid joke. It just hits all of the right notes.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

This will be very welcomed after the month I've had!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
So hey, this is on tonight.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

So hey, this is on tonight.

Thanks for the reminder!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So happy this is back. Best birthday present ever (although it's the 2nd here now. Still claiming it!)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh poo poo that vacation slide show was hilarious. Q's reaction about the hat had me cracking and they pushed the sister thing way farther than I thought.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Ah, good to see these guys back.

The Grapist
Mar 12, 2003

All in all I think I had a pretty normal childhood.
Can't wait to see the episodes they shot at my workplace. I think it's gonna be the fourth episode. Maybe spread over two. :D

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Really funny first episode.

Anybody catch the "live chat" that started after the show aired? A few notes:

Season 1 DVD will be coming out this holiday season (no notes on what will be on the DVD)
They seem to have been constantly touring, but also have a "Fall Tour" announcement coming up
Q still wears the hat that Joe put his junk into, but has cleaned it several times.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ahh, it's so great to have this show back again. :allears: Especially with the month I've had. If only they wouldn't spoil who lost in the intro and every commercial break, as it makes the whole scorecard section pointless.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

At first I felt the humiliation was a lame retread of the elephant thing.

Then the other three slowly stepped off the boat and I couldn't stop laughing.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

The dark shades were amazing and power point slides will never be old.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TUS posted:

The dark shades were amazing and power point slides will never be old.

The part where they made Mur go over to the park fence had me in tears.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I guess the completely gave up on keeping the loser a secret. I just saw who was going to lose the next episode during a commercial. :doh:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Holy crap I hope this stays in the air forever. What an awesome return episode. The pencil thing is so basic and dumb on the surface but even that returned some absolute gems.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Sal is doing an AMA on Reddit right now: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1jw9cl/sal_vulcano_of_trutvs_impractical_jokers_and_the/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

That really seems like it should be Q's job.

• Locked thread