Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

doctor 7 posted:

Hahahaha this looks so dumb. Just a tiny head in this massive set of drab drapes

Apparently his nuclear powered exoskeleton gets cold. Who knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Booties posted:

I'll be around tonight at 5:00pm est if you or anyone else wants to play. I got the spops on my own last night. We should try and get a huge btb party for dlc achievements some time.

I'd be down for some btb. GT = CerealKillerKP

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Halo: Reach is on sale on the Xbox Live Marketplace for a little less than $8.00 today only.

Remember Reach <3

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Halo: Reach is on sale on the Xbox Live Marketplace for a little less than $8.00 today only.

Remember Reach <3

"Welcome to the bargain bin"
- Cortana

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Haha christ, does anyone think Halo 5 will actually be any good? I'm cautiously optimistic, but Halo 4 lost its appeal so quickly.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

I really hope so. So many games these days fail to deliver a lasting content. Bunch of 30 second gums coming out. Especially when it comes to maintaining a community.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Donald Kimball posted:

Haha christ, does anyone think Halo 5 will actually be any good? I'm cautiously optimistic, but Halo 4 lost its appeal so quickly.

Halo now feels like anime fanboys have taken the reins to me.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

doctor 7 posted:

Halo now feels like anime fanboys have taken the reins to me.

343 REALLY liked Halo Legends.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

InfinEight posted:

343 REALLY liked Halo Legends.

Halo Legends is so loving god awful. The only half decent one is the Arbiter and it's ruined by slopping a lovely filter over it.

I can't describe how objectively awful that short movie collection is. It blows my mind grown human beings genuinely like it.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

doctor 7 posted:

Halo Legends is so loving god awful. The only half decent one is the Arbiter and it's ruined by slopping a lovely filter over it.

I can't describe how objectively awful that short movie collection is. It blows my mind grown human beings genuinely like it.

The only good part is the over-the-top anime section where Spartan 1337 fights dinosaurs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

doctor 7 posted:

Was that the one where Elite society is in fact medieval Japan, complete with straw hats and kimonos?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Was that the one where Elite society is in fact medieval Japan, complete with straw hats and kimonos?

Yes.

The general idea was good, about powerful people using religion/politics perverting the past to their own ends.

But when the best you have out of 7 stories is one general idea then your film compilation is pretty poo poo.

jvilmi
May 29, 2004
Is the anniversary classic playlist still active in Halo Reach?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I would like to congratulate Spartan Assault for being the second game in recent history to crash my Xbox 360 (the other was BF4).

Big_Gulps_Huh
Nov 7, 2006
Where are my hooks?
I played some anniversary classic a week ago and there wasn't too much trouble finding matches, but I saw lots of the same people.

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates

ApathyGifted posted:

He was just taking it off. He doesn't live in it, even if it has happened to have remained on for something like 8 years now.

It's actually probably still the best armor in the UNSC, seeing as the Spartan II stuff was no-spared expense, while the Spartan IV's are still on a budget.

I thought it would be neat if his immunity to the composer wasn't perfect, and he ended up with his body melted and his mind absorbed into the suit. If only because we then never need to worry about what he looks like again. The chief's "face" has been that visor pretty much always, so why not make it that way permanently? Also would have mirrored Cortana's becoming more emotional and weird with him becoming more machine-like.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
One of Lord Zedd's friends got a segment from a Halo 3 single player campaign level and turned it into a multiplayer map. It's super cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD4YXAC1Fw4

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
If they do the halo 2 remake I will start playing again. Why even make Halo 5 when everyone is just going to compare Halo 5 to Halo 2's 4 v 4s?

edit: seriously release halo 2 again so I can lose four years of my life

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

droey posted:

If they do the halo 2 remake I will start playing again. Why even make Halo 5 when everyone is just going to compare Halo 5 to Halo 2's 4 v 4s?

edit: seriously release halo 2 again so I can lose four years of my life

you won't be happy because they'll patch the bxb and bxr poo poo

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Tighclops posted:

can't wait to unlock the Burlap Poncho armour mod

lay off guys, he's probably trying to keep sand out of his robo-joints and robo-codpiece

e: also still unsure how I like the turn from military sci-fi shooter to basically space opera, cause I love me some space opera but I understand how some people liked the previous direction better

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

MickRaider posted:

you won't be happy because they'll patch the bxb and bxr poo poo

He really won't be happy when it doesn't even have Halo 2 multiplayer, the same way Halo CE Anniversary didn't have Halo CE multiplayer.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Halo:CE never had online if you don't count gamespy arcade/xbconnect. I don't care if they patch glitches because that poo poo was still fun before we knew how to double shot, fast reload, bxr, or backpack reload with a grenade off host. It wouldn't have those awesome glitch moments (that actually took skill and were a risk to use) but it'd still have plenty of other poo poo to make it fun. If you took all the pros who would come back for that game then you'd actually have a decent player base to watch again and further develop metagame bullshit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The pc version did! It was fun as hell and had the flamethrower and rocket warthog before Halo 2 and 3 did. The pc only maps were great too.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

droey posted:

Halo:CE never had online if you don't count gamespy arcade/xbconnect. I don't care if they patch glitches because that poo poo was still fun before we knew how to double shot, fast reload, bxr, or backpack reload with a grenade off host. It wouldn't have those awesome glitch moments (that actually took skill and were a risk to use) but it'd still have plenty of other poo poo to make it fun. If you took all the pros who would come back for that game then you'd actually have a decent player base to watch again and further develop metagame bullshit.

I just shed a tear thinking about Halo 2. I have no idea why that game was so fun

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Battle Creek loving owned bones.

Halo 1 had lovely weapons tho.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

The pistol was so satisfying to 2 shot with tho

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Laserface posted:

Battle Creek loving owned bones.

Halo 1 had lovely weapons tho.

that's not even funny bro

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

MickRaider posted:

I just shed a tear thinking about Halo 2. I have no idea why that game was so fun

ACTIONSACK!

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

RodShaft posted:

ACTIONSACK!

Halo need proximity chat to relive the RodShaft glory days of drunkenly traumatizing little kids and harassing teens.

Good times...

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I was so freakishly good at H2 you guys would probably think it was a different game. Imagine how I used to get 30+ kills in 4 v 4 team slayer with goons every time while intoxicated in Halo 3. I actually played halo 2 to be the best as possible and played sober the whole time. The poo poo I used to pull in H3 is nothing compared to how many pros I would beat by doing ridiculous poo poo. This game coming out will basically decide if the pro halo community completely dies or not. I'd seriously start going to MLG again and assembling a team the second that game came out. It was cool being top 5 in two different leaderboards but everyone knows who is good now - it'd be exciting again, god

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 8, 2014

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Spartan Assault Co-Op made me hurt inside. Alternate stun fields and win. Though if live through waves of AI Flood were a mode in Halo 5... that would be awful.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Tangentially Halo related but Bungie fired Marty for seemingly no reason. His music was like a soundtrack to my childhood :(

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

BabyMauler posted:

Tangentially Halo related but Bungie fired Marty for seemingly no reason. His music was like a soundtrack to my childhood :(

Marty is great but I'm really tired of people in the industry whining on twitter when they get fired for "no reason." I mean, maybe Bungie really did just gently caress this guy over, who knows, but it's not like we're going to get the other side of the story. Maybe he was just an rear end in a top hat or had developed bad habits.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

PantsBandit posted:

Marty is great but I'm really tired of people in the industry whining on twitter when they get fired for "no reason." I mean, maybe Bungie really did just gently caress this guy over, who knows, but it's not like we're going to get the other side of the story. Maybe he was just an rear end in a top hat or had developed bad habits.

Rumor going around that it was Activision swinging its dick around to show Bungie who's in charge.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Maybe he can go to 343 Industries so he can compose good music for Halo again :lol:

RIP Marty :(

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Destiny's gonna suck without his score

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MickRaider posted:

Destiny's gonna suck without his score

Maybe they already have it. I think they are just at the mixing stages now. Still, he was a critical part to that step as well. I think this whole thing is stupid. Grow up and stop using twitter like a teenager. I really want to hear the Bungie side of the story.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Anyone want to play Halo: Reach tonight? Send me a message. Gamertag: faaart XCUSE ME

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Saw you on and wished I had not packed my 360 away for moving :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I've been playing local split screen halo 4 with friends since my xbox live ran out, and it is a lot of fun. With more and more games losing split screen, I forgot what it was like to shoot a friend in halo only to get punched in retaliation in real life while struggling to tea bag his corpse.

• Locked thread