Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

V for Vegans posted:

Maybe they feel this type of kill cam will prevent camping, since the player you killed knows exactly where you were, and is most likely running back towards you for revenge.

This right here is the reason why kill cams exist, and why they have no place in halo.

Halo isn't a "campy" game like CoD is, sure you might hang out in one decent sniper area for a few shots/a minute or two, but you can't stay there forever. If nothing else you'll run out of ammo and have to go get more. However in CoD, if it weren't for the kill cams you could basically spend a whole match in the same spot if your opponents were dumb enough.

I remember in halo ...3 I think? the "kill cam" in that game is that the camera would look in the direction of the person who killed you. You got a general idea of where your killer was shooting from, which was plenty, and it's something your spartan would actually know, instead of a random POV change.

Kill cams in Halo 4 reek of a "CoD does it so we'll do it!" mentality from 343, which worries me because CoD play's totally differently. Also because kill cams serve to answer that classic scrub complaint of how camping is "cheap" or "unfair", and instead of trying to teach, or developing a tutorial on how to punish camping, developers just roll over and give the vocal minority whatever they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I totally met Walshy at PAX yesterday:

I got to 1 v 1 him too!

:ssh: he destroyed me

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Hamburlgar posted:

73JRY-XVR3Y-HJ9YD-RCQTC-474DZ

Grabbed this one, thanks!

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Palpatine MD posted:

Is Halo 4 considered a failure? How so?

This:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Neo Helbeast posted:

I enjoy the fact that they are walking back everything they changed in Halo 4 and then calling it "legacy gameplay".

Ah yes, the "Coca-Cola Classic" of game design.

• Locked thread