Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

LanceKing2200 posted:

Kill cams in Halo 4 reek of a "CoD does it so we'll do it!" mentality from 343, which worries me because CoD play's totally differently.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting out of this. Halo doesn't have things like suppressed weapons or tomahawks or somebody hucking a perfectly cooked grenade at your feet and instakilling you. Anything strong enough to kill you instantly is also flashy enough to make it clear what happened and if it doesn't kill you instantly, you'll take long enough to die that you should be able to figure it out. It's addressing a problem that Halo never really had.

And then they go and only implement it in one mode? I can't make sense of the thought process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Hdip posted:

Won't people trying to get a good KDR *cough*iscariote*cough* just let the other team capture the 3 points so that they will have overshield and then kill the other team without trying to play for the objective?

Because once a team goes into last stand mode they're marked on the enemy teams HUD, they can't respawn until they take a base, if they initiate capture of a base they get locked in until it's captured and if a certain amount of time passes they lose the game. It's like reverse sudden death mode.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

I said come in! posted:

Does anyone know when the Halo avatars are given out for those of us stupid enough to watch the dumb Presidential debate 3 times?

"On or around" November first.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

madadric posted:

You an equip the suppressor, which is the successor to the covenant concussion rifle from what I can tell?

The Supressor is the Forerunner AR-equivalent. It's low damage, but it speeds up as you fire it.

• Locked thread