Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
Wow, I am really disappointed with those flood models. They don't look remotely like how the flood did. They don't even seem to have the little red feeler things :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

So how do the new grenades work? I can't tell if they just damage stuff in the field over time or if they do damage when it blows up at the end or if it does both.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Nickname Pending posted:

Can somebody tell me exactly how those Promethean grenades work?

I asked this earlier. From what I can tell, they work similar to the energy drain from halo 3 in that it does damage to people as long as they stand in the field.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

God I love the suppressor. I saw people talking bad about it but I just love this thing. Its so satisfying to flank BR/DMR users and shred them. :allears:

Plus you gotta love that silly spacegun noise it makes.

Hell, I love all of the new weapons. The railgun will never get old.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Ending spoilers:
Cortana brought you inside the Composer to protect you from the blast, and then released you without Promethean-ification.

Is that what happened? I thought (ending spoilers) She just put a some kind of shield up around you. It wouldn't make sense for her to bring you inside the thing you were blowing up. That whole scene was kinda strange anyways. I loved the rest of the ending though.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

It is also good for being :hellyeah: and :black101: as gently caress.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Batham posted:

I hope this doesn't mean Master Chief isn't going to wear his iconic armor in Halo 5, in favor of customization.:(

I'd actually be totally down for that. I loved that in Reach that you used your custom spartan for everything. It made me feel like unlocking gear had more meaning since it wasn't just used in multiplayer. I kinda miss that in 4 and think a customizable chief would rock, as long as it was cosmetic only.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Ugh forerunner weapons loving suck. A pistol that is also a shotgun and really isn't effective at being either. A shotgun that is ditto. An assault rifle that has a nice delay and lovely grouping, not to mention is not particularly powerful to begin with. And lets not forget their all around useless grenades.

Except maybe the lightrifles and even then it's just a sniper rifle...FOR LIGHT!

You know what, just gently caress the forerunners in general. Dogs that shoot laser beams, knights with drones that catch grenades and run away when you shoot them. Is the knight dead yet? I don't know shoot him a million more times to make sure. Oh now he teleported to where you are and you are now dead.

The boltshot and suppressor both kick major rear end. :colbert:

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

The sticky detonator combined with the hologram is loving hilarious. I love watching people chase after it and run right into my explosive. :allears:

I like it with active camo personally. Sneaking up on pubbies and sticking bombs on/near them never gets old.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

I didn't get my specialization code :smith:

Are they sending them out in waves or do I need to contact support?

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Hamburlgar posted:

If you're in the UK/Europe you won't be getting one.

I'm in the US

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Hamburlgar posted:

What email address is tied to your gamertag, because that's where they will send it. And no, they won't be resending codes.

Unless my live ID email is different than the one tied to my gamer tag, I already checked it since its my main email account. I got the game on release day so I should've gotten a code.

Edit: Just checked and yeah, its the same.

If I don't get a code its going to really kill my interest in this game for awhile. :smith:

Morshu fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 1, 2012

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Are you that conditioned? What happened to "playing a game because it is fun" instead of needing a dangling carrot to string you along like a good little jackass? When you reach max rank at the end of the full line of specializations, will the game stop being fun, too? The specializations don't even do that much. Just relax and try to remember what games were like before you had to have 15 progress bars to enjoy them.

Jesus calm down. It's not that I don't think the game is fun, I just wanted to unlock some of the stuff you get from the specializations. Specifically I wanted the engineer spec for the silly armor and suppressor skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I'm not angry. My point is "if the game is fun, why not just play it?" That stuff will unlock eventually anyway. You just sounded like the people who actually do stop playing games because there's nothing more to grind toward/unlock/whatever.

If you're not angry, your post certainly came off that way.

Anyways, like I said it isn't that I don't find the game fun. It's just one of my favorite things is dressing up my space barbie and really wanted some of the specialization armor sets and the fancy gun skins, so I'm kinda bummed out if I get screwed over by an error with their code email system.

• Locked thread