Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
An interesting article about the founder of Ensemble talking about Halo Wars. He talks about how Bungie was mad that Microsoft Ensemble was whoring out their franchise http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-09-26-tony-goodman-the-publisher-as-we-know-it-may-become-extinct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Giantbomb review: http://www.giantbomb.com/halo-4/61-35533/reviews/

4/5

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Slightly dumb question here. My friend and I are a little confused on the helmet preorders. Are they just early access for specific helmets that are ingame or since we didn't get LE's are screwed out of the Unicorn helmet?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So I just got my first Perfection medal(in a Mantis no less) but, I can't seem to find my full medals list on Halo Waypoint. Am I missing something because the only medals showing are from the Flood gametype.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I have to say I'm starting to not like being able to have BR starts. Every match I play is absolutely dominated by them. What's the point of other weapons if everybody skips them for the BR.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Just ran into my first person(s) hiding inside a wall. I made a video showing how they did it in case someone runs into something similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Bk_K52VGM

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

The nice thing is that they'll probably get caught really quickly, if 343 is being so proactive about policing and if Microsoft's complaint department work with them.

What I've taken to doing is turning into a zombie and hiding in the hole's entrance and catch people as they try to get in it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Bland posted:

Strangely enough the game gets quite glitchy when you glitch inside a wall. If someone falls through the level in that glitch it says they were betrayed by the last person they touched or came near (not sure which)

It's touch. There was a similar glitch back in Halo 3.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I've been trying to figure out how Dominion works in Forge and found a great video explaining how to make a base https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAE-8dz8BVU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

TheSpiritFox posted:

They absolutely deserve it I've had three games in a row where people have done this. I went to guard the exploit area in one of them but he got in before I could kill him and I don't know how to get up there myself.

Crouch jump into the vent.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
^^^^Yes, I haven't figured it out yet though(Maze's post not funkmaster).

Is the Halo 4 file share not available yet? I swear I remember somebody posting a link to their fileshare but, I can not find anything on Waypoint.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Thanks again to Funkmaster General and his friends for helping me play test my map.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Funkmaster General posted:

You can download maps from peoples' fileshares if you know their gamertag. Unfortunately, this limits you to people who post advertising their terrible map somewhere on the internet, but I'll bet plenty of people do. I was able to find a decent remake of The Pit (sans mounted turrets due to budget issues), a passable remake of Lockout, and a remake of Guardian that was poo poo but simple enough to fix up a bit. (Yes, I'm THAT guy in customs) I'm sure you'd be able to find original creations in a similar manner.

Hey, Hey, Hey... I figured out how to get around the the mantis cap using vehicle pads.

Also, I need some map playtesters for a map I made GT: Mechwarrior . Download the dominion gametype along with it off my fileshare please.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 19, 2012

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Congrats to 343 for winning Best Graphics and Best Xbox 360 Game at the VGAs!

The actual channel must be behind because I just watched the Phantom Pain trailer. Also that Halo 4 short was great.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

How much damage does that sentry do anyway? I don't think one's ever taken more than a couple potshots at me, but I rarely see it.

Each shot is the equivalent of a pistol shot.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I think the servers are just messed up in general right now. I still had seven SPOPS to do and after doing the first one(Ep.2,Ch.3) I got the achievement for playing and completing all of the missions.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Vincent and other Forgers, check out this video on how to do precision editing if you don't know already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npTwV9SfQko

Edit: New Bulletin is up. Talks about Infinity CTF, Doubles, and Throwdown (competitive) http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/30/The-Halo-Bulletin-13013.aspx

Despite what he says that's not really "precision" editing, it is fine tuning though. Certain Affinity mentioned awhile back about trying to get precision editing into the next patch on one of their youtube videos.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Just played some "Pro" Doubles, it's basically MLG for MLG wannabes.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
With the second half of Spartan Ops, I've started jibbering about how I'd rather have the SpOps story instead of the main campaign. I find the story to be so much more enjoyable than the adventures of I'm to old for this poo poo and Cherry 2000.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

MickRaider posted:

Kid on our team was determined to get the scoprion past the barricade. He ended up giving up, spawning by us, then taking a ghost all the way back. When I spawned on him he got out of his ghost so I took it to get back to the front line, then he quit.

Reallll useful

We took both scorpions from the start all the way to the end so it is doable.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Turns out one of the blogs I follow is run by a guy who worked on Spartan Ops. http://sharkswithjetpacks.blogspot.co.uk/

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Halo 3 is still pretty awesome and I can't wait for it to be repopulated once the game is free.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Some dude made a pretty sweet montage of High Speed Halo's runs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNkT6gDI2d4

Also Halo 2 anniversary might be in development...maybe?: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15372-E3-Halo-Unveil-Wasn-t-Halo-5--Halo-2--Anniversary-Being-Discussed.html

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I signed up for the Halo 4 online tournament and then promptly remembered Halo 4 is unbalanced as poo poo. Here's free avatar stuff: RVCC9-K2C47-CT6D4-39HFQ-7V6HZ

3RC6M-72QM4-DKR7Q-TXV3T-DX2WZ

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Bass Bottles posted:

ODST was secretly Halo 3 GOTY all along.

ODST was secretly better than Halo 3 all along.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm still Missing a fairly large chunk of the multiplayer achievements so I'd be down for boosting tonight, GT is: Mechwarrior.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I like this box art a lot more than standard Halo 4's. Also that cloak is a really dumb thing to keep focusing on.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Cool beans. This should have been a feature at launch.

Bungie > 343

343 cares about capes and their importance in fan fiction therefore 343 > Bungie.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I still can't get over humanity's ancient space empire retcon. It's so dumb.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Booties posted:

Does anyone have custom game types and maps saved still? they are hard to get now since b.net is gone

I know I still have the flamethrower gametype but I'll have to see what I still have.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Neo Helbeast posted:

I know I still have the flamethrower gametype but I'll have to see what I still have.

Here's what maps I still have:

Assembly
No Variants

Avalanche
Dread Castle
Surge

Blackout
Flamingninja2

Citadel
No Variants

Cold Storage

No Variants

Contruct

No Variants

Epitaph
No Variants

Foundry
Blank
Killhouse
Pentagon
Battlefield 1v1
Trainyard
Elevator Base
Refinery V2
No Mercy V2
Trippy
MaizeV1.2
Containment
Close Cigars 0
Stargate S-G12
Kill Box 4
Kill Box 2
Kill Box
Maize
Teamwork
Ninja School 3
Dungeon
Halo 1 Prisoner
Distortion V1.3
Miles
007GE Egyptian
Lost Chamber
Warlock
Kakariko

Ghost Town
No Variants

Guardian
No Variants

Heretic
No Variants

High Ground
No Variants

Isolation
No Variants

Last Resort
Hell's Kitchen

Long Shore
Long Shot
Longshore Zom
Longshore blank

Narrows
TBI MAZE 001

Orbital
Control Room

Rat's Nest
No Variants

Sandbox

Dragon's Fury
Blood Valley
Platforms V3.0
Sanction
Blood Stained 0
Fort Knox
Haunted tunnels
Hang em High
Epic lol towerz
LOL equipments
LOL Challenge
LONG LOL Ahead
Final Effort
Kable ruins V2
Q-Berts Hell
LaughingOutLoud
Tower
Tower of Lolz
Sandpit
Quantum
Maize3
Mage V2

Sandtrap
Sandtrap glitch

Snowbound
No Variants

Standoff
No Variants

The Pit
No Variants

Valhalla

No Variants

Gametypes:

Slayer
Flamethrower
Brute Brawl
Zero respawn

Oddball
Puzzleplay

King of the Hill
No Variants

CTF
No Variants

Assault
No Variants

Territories
No Variants

Juggernaut
No Variants

Infection

No Variants

VIP
Episode IV

That's all that I have.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Hey so that https://section3.info website is now up and it's a wiki/arg. You can look at pages though through the random page button.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

doctor 7 posted:

Well yes and no. It's a fake game with fake people killing fake aliens yes.

But fiction still has to strive to be taken seriously so even though super-human soldiers are shooting laser-guns pew pew at aliens we still have some knowledge about how people act. When a "super elite" group has a member break cover to shoot at aliens because well... no reason other than to get shot for plot, that's lovely writing.

What makes fiction good is being able to make people and stories believable even in crazy outlandish settings. When you do you can get a decent non-insulting storyline like Halo: Reach. When you don't, well, you get stuff like Halo 4.

Edit: To be clear I'm not saying Halo has gone from high-art to trash but it's definitely gone downhill pretty far, pretty fast.

I get what you are saying completely but just to be a contrarian, counterpoint: BattleTech. It is a franchise that has literally nothing else going for it besides giant robots and has somehow managed to keep it's shambling corpse going for over a decade (or two decades if you really hate the clans).

I miss Marty O'Donnell

Neil Davidge's musical score is such a joke.

I think To Galaxy is the only song I like off his soundtrack.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Alteisen posted:

So how populated are the DLC playlists?

I mainly ask cause the difference between the GOTY edition and a regular copy of H4 is almost 25 dollars, but if the DLC lists are empty then I see no point in dropping the money on the GOTY edition.

You could buy the season pass and still save 5 bucks. Also this game is super dead outside of the Team Slayer and Big Team Battle playlists so I wouldn't even bother with the DLC.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I bet 343i will remove multiplayer so that the playerbase for Halo 2 and Halo 4 won't be split :rolleyes:

Their reasoning behind not giving Halo 1 online play was that it didn't have it originally and that it would cost too much to develop it from scratch. They can't use that excuse for Halo 2.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So Steve Downes(Master Chief) says Halo 2 HD is coming this year: http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/02/13/breaking-voice-of-master-chief-confirms-halo-2-anniversary-says-halo-5-won-t-release-this-year

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

PantsBandit posted:

Marty is great but I'm really tired of people in the industry whining on twitter when they get fired for "no reason." I mean, maybe Bungie really did just gently caress this guy over, who knows, but it's not like we're going to get the other side of the story. Maybe he was just an rear end in a top hat or had developed bad habits.

Rumor going around that it was Activision swinging its dick around to show Bungie who's in charge.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

MickRaider posted:

All I want is for people to stop comparing it to Halo 4 and that it doesn't suck.

We get it, Halo 4 was flawed. Let's at least give them a chance to show what they can do with a full arsenal instead of judging it on their Halo Reach 2 attempt

You said almost literally the exact same thing when 4 was coming out. Except that it was we shouldn't judge them for their handling of Reach and that we should wait and see what they can do with the full backing of MS.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Marty is suing Bungie: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/06/former-halo-composer-sues-bungie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Will the skulls be unlocked from the start? Because finding them is kind of my favorite Halo thing.

• Locked thread