Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

I've been on a badly-written-scifi-book kick recently, which has (unfortunately) included much of the recent Halo fiction. While, from a story perspective, I'm excited for Halo 4... I'm guessing it's not going to be nearly as cool/epic as the written fiction hints it might be. There's just no way to pack that much awesome into a single player storyline without it imploding (or costing a bajillion dollars to produce).

As long as the multiplayer still sucks away 6 months of my life, I guess it will be fine?

Also, I'm guessing there will be flood (surprise!) because every time a beloved franchise is taken over by a different development team they are afraid of changing the success formula *too much* without losing "the magic". Even if it's only a cameo, flood fun will be had.

Other safe bets:
1.) Master Chief will blow up something the size of a planet
2.) Cortana will be AWOL for part of the game
3.) You will fight next to marines for a level, before they are all annihilated by something ginormous.
4.) Although seemingly unbeatable, you will beat the ginormous invincible thing later in the game by shooting a magic switch
5.) Epic music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread