Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Dirty posted:

Or make Halo Wars 2, dammit. Hah, as if an RTS would ever be a console launch title these days.

Alas, Ensemble is dead, and they died making a pretty fun console RTS (who knew it was possible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

That sword assassination animation was badass, holy poo poo. :black101:

edit: the redesigned guns look really cool, too. The carbine is especially good-looking this time around.

Everything looks the same to me except the sword and carbine look far nicer.

Dirty posted:

I know :( I'd like to think that Microsoft could give the project to another, equally-competent studio.

How many competent console RTS makers are out there :( Although I'm sure most of the Ensemble team is probably a part of Microsoft anyway.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

I said come in! posted:

It says Flood multiplayer gametype, so long as they are not in the single player.

Looks like new flood types too, they are probably making all the new assets for the Flood since I am sure you they will reappear in this series somehow.

Put probably for some updated cooler infection type game mode.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Morshu posted:

They don't even seem to have the little red feeler things :smith:

Maybe they are promethean or forerunner new type of forms?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Friendly Factory posted:

So wait, now we're going to have three sets of the same weapons? UNSC, Covie, Promethean?

This isn't the Resistance series with outlandish multifaceted weapons apparently. I agree this is a wasted opportunity to get creative with weapons.

On a side note, your avatar pic is mesmerizing, goes great with the deadmau5 album I'm listening to. :monocle:

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Then only make 2 sets of guns, what's the point of three pistols, three shotguns, three assault rifles, three snipers.. etc. Or have an alternate fire ability that is significantly different between the three. Just an idea.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"The Promethean Farfitfagorz is a close range shotgun style weapon, it also transforms into a mini helicopter!"

Would have been cooler :colbert:

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Wonder if there will be Promethean vehicles, probably not.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Honestly underneath all the community love I've always got the impression that Bungie could be massive dicks internally.

Yep. Halo Wars was far from "whoring", too bad we won't get a sequel :(

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Wasn't Earth down to a population of 100 million or so and half the planet was glassed by the end of Halo 3?

Did they glass any part of earth other than that one section to reveal the portal?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

So the Only way to get the majestic map pack is buying the war pass?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Kithyen posted:

Halo RPG

A Halo RPG in the vein of a Fallout 3 type of universe would be simply amazing.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

InfinEight posted:

That's kinda what I've been thinking too, this whole 'we've established credibility' thing reminds me of how confident they were about not doing any open beta; it's a lot of "We're telling you it's true, so it is!"

As a "safe" opening I think they succeeded, the only impressive thing about Halo 4 is probably the graphics compared to all previous Halo. The story is safe (One risk maybe?), it was all "safe". Now that they have their feet wet, Halo 5 on the NextBox can't be as "safe" I think I for one, would moan and groan heavily if its the same old thing. They also left a lot of things unanswered that I wonder if SpartanOps will answer (going to be doing SpOps in one giant run next). I agree with your point though, they jumped right in and grabbed the established franchise and just continued it.. had they done a side story (a la Reach) and made it compelling in the same universe it would have been more challenging-thus giving them a bit more credibility.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

-A n i m 8- posted:

Bungie has a very, very, very tough road ahead of them. There are no 343 fans?

The main reason I get Halo games is 80% to play campaign, or campaign with a friend, then the rest is screwing around in multiplayer or firefight/SpOps.

I think 343i made the best looking Halo game by far, and I'm excited what is to come on next gen systems. I think the second half of the campaign was far more dramatic and interesting than the first half, some of the game levels just had annoying little bottlenecks, all in all it was a great way to kick off the new series. Hopefully halo 5 and 6 dispenses with so much Covenant enemies, they felt empty with no ties to the story, and no real explanation as to why or what they are fighting for compared to previous Halo games. Just my two cents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Booties posted:

This is a cool glitch someone found. Pilot the MAC Cannons on the mission Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8jHdn_UA6M

This is so cool and I'll never have the patience to try it

• Locked thread