Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

A USS Enterprise appears.
USS Enterprise uses 'Phaser Barrage'.
Its super effective.

kater posted:

As much as I think this sounds incredibly stilted compared to the original, I loving love the idea that it was changed for no reason at all.

I re-read through the thread again but can you explain what your talking about?

After recently buying halo: legends (i think its ok) that line is in 'the package' and I trying to remember what other readings there was on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.

kater posted:

It's something Cortana says it one of the preview videos.

The original is basically the ending of Halo 2.

Oh I see, I remember the halo 2 ending but I thought you were referring to some sort of retcon/redo they had done.

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.

PriorMarcus posted:

Also we found a cure for The Flood a long, long time before that but when the Forerunner devolved us it was lost forever and that led to their destruction.

I don't really get the point in all that.

Actually it's kinda worse or better than that if I understood the second Greg Bear forerunner book. The precursors(?) left the flood as a revenge for the forerunners and as a test for the next race to take up the mantle which was intended to be ancient humanity, however humans got in the way and after sacrificing two thirds of the population in what they thought was a cure/counter bio weapon the flood just retreated instead of killing the rest until they could get to the forerunners directly. This is what the dying grave mind told the human memory pople at the end. The cure never worked at all.

Spoilered in case anyone's reading through the forerunner books.

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.
Oops, double posted there

Agamembar fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 22, 2012

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

Its super effective.
Ok stuck waiting for Amazon uk to start sending it, prime delivery from my free month, is there a meta tag for spartan ops? I'm hoping I can get crews for that as it is co-op or I match making good enough?

• Locked thread