Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I always thought Kill Cams were awesome and I hate that in Battlefield 3 (the multiplayer game I've played the most over the past year or so) doesn't have them. I think they'll be a welcome addition to Halo and I can't wait to play Halo 4's multiplayer to see them in action in this context v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Am I a bad person for thinking that was actually pretty awesome :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MickRaider posted:

Unfortunately the director of the believe ad had no prior knowledge of any part of Halo 3. They just bullshitted a really amazing advert.

:stare:

God drat. Must be a top-notch ad agency then.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New battle rifle looks and sounds less like a Halo weapon and more like some kind of experimental rifle the military might use today. I think I like it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FishBulb posted:

I bought Mountain Dew GAMER FUEL

what is wrong with me, I don't even like Mountain Dew.

The day Halo 3 came out, my friend bought it and brought his 360 over to my house since I didn't have one at the time. We spent the whole night drinking Mountain Dew Gamer Fuel (since I think the launch of Halo 3 was the first time they made Gamer Fuel so it was brand new at the time) and co-opping the campaign. We finally finished at like 4AM. It was glorious :rock:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

God drat, I don't think anything could've pumped me up for this game as much as that IGN review :stare:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Going to a midnight launch in like an hour or so. Goddamnit, I am going to be falling asleep at my desk tomorrow :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm at GameStop and the line is at least 75 people long. The employee I was talking to said that they expect Black Ops 2's midnight launch to be twice this size :suicide:

I may have to pick that one up on my lunch break on release day instead of midnight.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GameStop wasn't bad at all. Got my game around 12:15, then got McDonald's and now I'm home and installing it. Time to spend the next 2 hours or so in total bliss before I have to go to sleep so I can wake up early to go to work hate myself!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, I love this HUD so far :fap:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The storm rifle sounds reeeeally clicky. I'm not sure if I like it or dislike it yet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, you guys weren't kidding about the Warthog :getin:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

After the midnight launch last night, I played through the first campaign mission, got to the 2nd, died a few times on the first rally point and eventually fell asleep. Wouldn't you know it, the first time I attempt that part today when I'm (slightly) more awake, I get past it in the first try.

I'm terrible at video games when I'm really tired :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, this campaign is kicking my rear end on Normal. The first time I played through Reach, I did so on Heroic and thought that was easy enough. But I don't even want to know how hard Halo 4 is on Heroic, let alone Legendary :ohdear:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wow, mocap is really good. Just got to the first cutscene with actual humans.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OH HOLY gently caress I GET TO DRIVE A MECH :rock:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goddamn, the Prometheans are the most annoying enemy to fight ever. I've died so many times at this part in the Midnight level that it's not even funny anymore. It doesn't help that most of their weapons suck rear end and those are the only ones laying around :smithicide:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just beat the game. That ending kind of sucked, but not nearly as much as Assassin's Creed 3's or anything. The campaign was fun overall, but not one I'm likely to replay again. I think the space combat sequences were my favorite parts of the campaign. Why is there next to no market for that genre of game anymore?

Ah well. On to multiplayer now!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, multiplayer is so much better than the campaign that it almost doesn't even feel fair to compare them. I've only played a couple matches so far, but it's safe to say that this is the most fun I've had playing online with my Xbox since Reach two years ago.

When the campaign made me go through two towers to turn off some shields and both towers were basically lovely overlong dungeon crawlers, by the time the first one was over and I realized I still had to do the second one I was like "okay, holy poo poo, I really hope this campaign ends soon."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Damage Boost ordinance with the Storm Rifle :swoon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RBA Starblade posted:

I haven't gotten to use it yet but a damage boosted DMR/battle rifle (forget which) wrecked my ghost's poo poo in five/six shots. What is the symbol for it? I've seen overshield and speed boost so far.

I'm not entirely sure, actually. I stole an enemy's without even knowing what it was and started destroying everyone :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My other favorite ordinance is Speed Boost because of how enthusiastically the announcer says it ( SPEED BOOST!!!, sounds like it's out of a racing game or something), and because it makes you so loving fast that it reminds me of playing the first Crysis and messing around with the config files to make the Maximum Speed power run at like 4x its normal effectiveness.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

reallivedinosaur posted:

Is the PC port good? I remember the PC port of the orignal Halo was pretty awful, but that was a long time ago. Halo only feels right on the couch with an xbox controller. I know I could move my PC into the living room and get a 360 controller for it, but I'm not gonna. I'd be all over a Halo 2 remake.

The PC port of 2 was...acceptable from what I remember. I played it like 5 years ago when it was released (didn't have an Xbox at the time), so my memory might be foggy, but I don't remember it running poorly. The campaign sucked, though. Not performance wise, it was just boring as hell and the story was poo poo. I barely remember any cool moments from it. And the PC port didn't have a big multiplayer community from what I remember, and that was the biggest draw of the Xbox version. I remember playing the multiplayer with friends on their Xboxes for years before the PC version came out and loving loving it. Then the PC version came out and I never really played multiplayer with it because there was no community to speak of.

And what's this about the PC port of Halo:CE sucking? It was superior to the Xbox version in every way :colbert: Its multiplayer was crazy fun and I must have played it for like a year and a half on an off.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

InfinEight posted:

Where's my Oni remake? (it will never happen) :smith:

God drat, this would be my highest anticipated game since like Half Life 2 or Metal Gear Solid 4 :circlefap:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I got this too. Saw "Free gift from Xbox Live" e-mail come up on my phone and I thought "what the gently caress?", then I clicked through and saw that this was it. I still don't know what the hell it is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Trying to play Halo 4 multiplayer for the first time in like a month and a half after solely playing Black Ops 2 for a while and it's really jarring. All of the guns feel ridiculously underpowered. Getting kills with the assault rifle, battle rifle, DMR, etc. feel like they take far too much effort, more than they should. The only kills I've been able to get in the past few rounds were with the detached machine gun turret and running over enemies with vehicles.

I should probably go back to Call of Duty and stay there :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just killed an enemy with the assault rifle but I unloaded almost a full clip into him before he died. Almost every shot was a hit, too.

This game doesn't make sense to me :psyduck:

• Locked thread