Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I know a guy who works at 343 and I ask him about Halo 4 on occasion.

"Does it have shotguns?"

"Sorry, NDA."

He does say it's really fun though, they took him off of his normal job for a month just to play the multiplayer. He also told me that even after release things aren't going to wind down that much because they've got a bunch more stuff coming out. Apparently they did a lot of testing with x-box kinects too because they now have an excess of them and employees are encouraged to give them away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

RBA Starblade posted:

Kinects? What is that going to do in Halo 4?

He didn't say actually, just that they had a ton of them laying around after testing. To be honest, I have no idea what they'd be using them for in Halo.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I talked to that guy who works at 343 industries about that kinect thing some more. He said they didn't really integrate it, though they played around with it with the waypoint system they use. He said they might do something involving kinect with their next project, but he's kind of annoyed that they don't have any info on the next console so they can start working on Halo 5. Poor bastard barely gets out of there, he's got a chance at sunshine(even in Seattle) if they don't go whole hog into halo 5.

• Locked thread