Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

redbackground posted:

Do you know just how many gorillas were running amok in the Silver Age DCU? The fact that this lady was shocked to see just one is a marvel by itself.

That just makes his confidence in which one it is MORE of a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Source, some old comic.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cyborg apparently supports the Hawkeye Initiative.

In contrast, try to look at WW's butt.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Playing against conventional male/female posing aside, that is one ugly motherfucking cover.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Batman providing the rare assisted cape-rear end concealment.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's a pretty sick pentadent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

That's a pretty sick pentadent.

Gotta be ready to shiv fools that talk smack 'bout your sideburns.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Is this an authentic Thomas Kinkade original!?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gaz-L posted:

Gotta be ready to shiv fools that talk smack 'bout your sideburns.

Then he's gonna need more pointy bits. A lot more.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Really Pants posted:

Is this an authentic Thomas Kinkade original!?

There's no cabin.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Skwirl posted:

There's no cabin.

Which side is Cyborg on in Injustice?

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

The MSJ posted:

Special guest appearance by Cobra.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Those Aquasideburns are ridiculous.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Those Aquasideburns are OUTRAGEOUS.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ImpAtom posted:

Those Aquasideburns are RADICAL.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Street Fighter's Men decides to change up his wardrobe and start killing fools with a menorah.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PJOmega posted:

Which side is Cyborg on in Injustice?

Superman's, I think. He's still pissed Batman uploaded a virus to him *the day they met* as part of his 'gently caress all y'all' protocol.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Superman's, I think. He's still pissed Batman uploaded a virus to him *the day they met* as part of his 'gently caress all y'all' protocol.

Yep Cyborg is on Supermans

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In the end, everyone but Deadshot, Lex, Harley and Ares are on Superman's team, at least in terms of playable non-DLC characters. Oh and Green Arow, but he's dead. I'm gonna take a wild guess that Martian Manhunter and Batgirl end up on Batman's side, and that Zod and Lobo are on neither side.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

In the end, everyone but Deadshot, Lex, Harley and Ares are on Superman's team, at least in terms of playable non-DLC characters. Oh and Green Arow, but he's dead. I'm gonna take a wild guess that Martian Manhunter and Batgirl end up on Batman's side, and that Zod and Lobo are on neither side.

I don't own the game, but isn't Batman on Batman's side?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Batman put plans in place against the entire Justice League. That includes himself. And now, he's out for revenge.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Captain Bravo posted:

Batman put plans in place against the entire Justice League. That includes himself. And now, he's out for revenge.

Tower of Babel time?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

I don't own the game, but isn't Batman on Batman's side?

Dude's got issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1T-mTsCTe0&t=30s

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Playing against conventional male/female posing aside, that is one ugly motherfucking cover.

It will match the quality of the film inside perfectly. I find it somewhat suspicious that as soon as Geoff Johns is promoted to a position of power in DC's film division that it almost immediately shifts focus from adapting classic arcs and stories to adapting recent, terrible Geoff Johns stories.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheJoker138 posted:

It will match the quality of the film inside perfectly. I find it somewhat suspicious that as soon as Geoff Johns is promoted to a position of power in DC's film division that it almost immediately shifts focus from adapting classic arcs and stories to adapting recent, terrible Geoff Johns stories.

You make a good point. I'm pretty sure we were supposed to have an animated adaptation of the Killing Joke by now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

But he knows how to save Aquaman guys. Yeah he's the one to finally break the curse. Yes him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lobok posted:

Street Fighter's Men decides to change up his wardrobe and start killing fools with a menorah.

I love Men Kasters!

Lurdiak posted:

Yep. Manhunter's chilling out in Atlantis under the identity of Aquaman's advisor and Barbara Gordon started out as Oracle (which the prequel comic ignores) and became Batgirl after her father died due to Superman's regime. Zatana's also on Batman's side.

Scorpion's just confused and angry.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I only read the first few issues but I liked the One Year Later reboot called Sword of Atlantis.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm fairly certain that Scorpion's canon backstory for Injustice is that he teleported in the middle of a match in Mortal Kombat 9, accidentally warped to DC-ville, and just kept punching.

edit: He just thinks that Subzero threw on a bat costume real quick and doesn't even question it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I only read the first few issues but I liked the One Year Later reboot called Sword of Atlantis.

That was the best Aquaman comic I ever read. It felt a little half-baked at times but the costume for the new Aquaman was bitching and it was really trying to make Atlantis its own world instead of some weirdly generic fantasy kingdom. Only read a few issues myself though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've bought every single one of the DC animated things, even the lovely Geoff Johns ones up until this point. But I'm not buying this one. They've finally broken me.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Deadly Foes of Spider-Man, #1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mind the walrus posted:

But he knows how to save Aquaman guys. Yeah he's the one to finally break the curse. Yes him.

I think the best thing to do would be to have some people in the comic say,"Aquaman? But isn't he totally lame? :laugh:" and then suddenly Aquaman shows up and easily defeats a villain/saves the day etc, probably while saying something like,"I live under pressure intense enough to crush a human being and rule over 71% of the planet's surface, I'm as strong as Superman and smarter than Batman and have more willpower than Green Lantern."

That way fans will finally realize the error of their ways.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The way to make Aquaman cool and exciting is just to give him a beard. It's practically one hundred percent: clean-shaven iterations of Aquaman, not compelling. Bearded iterations of Aquaman, all good. I don't know how the alchemical process works but this is a reliable formula.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Android Blues posted:

The way to make Aquaman cool and exciting is just to give him a beard. It's practically one hundred percent: clean-shaven iterations of Aquaman, not compelling. Bearded iterations of Aquaman, all good. I don't know how the alchemical process works but this is a reliable formula.

It has to be the right kind of beard, though, otherwise something like this happens.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Maybe that's why DC is pushing Cyborg so hard. "Look, now there's someone lamer that Aquaman on the Justice League."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nah Cyborg is about 50% tokenism and 50% getting an Iron Man-style "tech hero" onto the JLA. It's exactly the same thing Grant Morrison tried to do with Steel back in the 90s JLA, but this time it's sticking. I've come around to accepting it a lot more than most of the other dumb New 52 stuff.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

Nah Cyborg is about 50% tokenism and 50% getting an Iron Man-style "tech hero" onto the JLA. It's exactly the same thing Grant Morrison tried to do with Steel back in the 90s JLA, but this time it's sticking. I've come around to accepting it a lot more than most of the other dumb New 52 stuff.

Now I hope there is some stupid joke in the comics that "Cyborg's part in a movie about us is being played by Shaq".

Also Cyborg has an arm cannon how is that lame :colbert:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cyborg is lame because he is a cyborg and he is named cyborg and that is literally the only relevant information.

It's a terrible name and he has a terrible design and everything about cyborg is just terrible.

And I liked teen titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Android Blues posted:

Hickman is making great use of beards in Avengers/New Avengers.

• Locked thread