Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Endless Mike posted:

Or Geoff Johns's Avengers run.

Avengers (some volume) #71

Every time I see this, I wonder what he's expecting Jan to do. Is she going to crawl up his urethra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

I really wish I owned this shirt

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Sockser posted:

Who's the fourth dude in super heavyweights?

Simon Williams aka Wonder Man.

The only one I don't recognize is the guy behind/between Daredevil and Wolverine. Guess I'd better buy more MARVEL COMICS!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Holy poo poo, Power Pachyderms was an actual thing?? :psyduck:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

He's magic as well, isn't he? So Superman should be on the backfoot up against him.

Edit:

I always got a kick out of Superman's surprised,"Bill...?" face after being unexpectedly punched in the face. Source is the Grant Morrison/Howard Porter run of JLA, I can't remember the specific storyline sorry, other than than Captain Marvel goes to the 5th Dimension where he's represented quite cleverly as a flat cutout person as opposed to the residents of that dimension.

I really love Superman calling him Bill

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

How many issues is Injustice supposed to be anyway? The game's been out for awhile. Is the back story for it really this complicated?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

I really need to see Luke Cage's reaction to Plantman

e: Also, Spidey Super Stories is always amazing

From #55

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 17, 2013

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn I love Doom so much :allears:

An oldie but a goodie, you'll be shocked to learn it's from an issue of Spidey Super Stories. #53 to be exact.

And that, of course, leads to this:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Goatmask posted:

Is it the turtle smoking a cigar and wearing a bowler hat in that box at the bottom?!?

Seriously, does anyone know what that thing is? It's vexing me.

e: Apparently he was the imaginary friend of some reality-altering mutant kid from that year's Iron Man Annual. Thanks, random message board!

Creepy as hell scene in question:

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 21, 2013

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

No one could possibly know Daredevil is blind. Matt's very careful about his secret identity:

Daredevil #7

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Source is Boy King, issue unknown

"We must destroy Boy King!"
"We must bring death to democracy!"

Uh......

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

I believe how it went was he was a gypsy but then got changed to being Jewish.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he was Jewish first, then Roma for a bit (hence the name Erik Lehnsherr), then back to being Jewish.

e: I don't think they explicitly identified him as Jewish at first, but it was definitely very strongly implied

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Doom's a gypsy, Magneto's occasionallya gypsy. Are there any flat out heroic roma in Marvel?

Do Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch count? Their mother was Roma, at the very least

• Locked thread