Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
From Marvel Now: Point One #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Uthor posted:

Oooh, are we going to see "Cyclops Was Right" t-shirts?!

If Gillen ever has his say...

I'm sure some fan will start making them eventually much like the Magneto Was Right shirts.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Scarlet Spider #12 - Kaine takes out a group of armed men trying to rob the Four Seasons where he's been staying. Coincidentally he was going to be kicked out because the ambassador of Belgium had his room reserved months ago.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Alpha #3

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I swear to God, if you're not reading Scarlet Spider right now, I don't know what's wrong with you. This week, Kaine gets dragged, kicking and screaming, to a rodeo by his friends. Then, as if he wasn't already pissed, this happens:

Scarlet Spider #16 seriously why aren't you buying this.

There's also the very beginning of the issue with Kaine completely no-selling all of the "weird" poo poo, including telling his literal inner-demon to shut up while it yells "PREY" in the mirror.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Alpha #4 - The best parts of the mini are any time Alpha's being a gigantic dork.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #1 is the best thing Nick Spencer's written in a long time. Boomerang's ended up in jail, again, and asks Speed Demon and Shocker to feed his birds while he's in.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #3 - Mach VII drags Boomerang to AA for supervillains featuring the sad story of Mirage and group hugs.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Phy posted:

Two questions: first, is that "AA for supervillains" in the sense that it's for supervillains with drinking problems, or is it just Antagonists Anonymous?

Second, is that Doctor loving Bong?

1.) The latter.

2.) Yes.

I'm actually not quite sure who all the other dudes there are besides him, Mirage (by virtue of his story) and Hippo from Sinister Spider-Man which is pulling really drat deep.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

The preview pages put up for Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5 definitely belong in here.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

One of the reasons the book works as well as it does is Steve Lieber's art. It looks great and Spencer mentioned in an interview that a lot of the visual gags are things Lieber improvises when drawing the pages. There's a fill-in for issue 7 but Lieber mentioned (he actually shows up on /co/, of all places, quite often to talk about the book/shoot the poo poo; he's a chill dude) that the artist for that issue, Rich Ellis, was someone he personally suggested to both Spencer and the editors so I don't think I'll worry about it being a drop in quality or anything.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Another from Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5, let's take a look at the Owl's base.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Bloodly posted:

...Is it wrong I'm hearing sound effects from Streets of Rage and Final Fight just looking at this?

Lieber himself said that in a better world the digital version of that page would've been a full-on side scroller.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man should be read by everybody. For instance, issue 5 provides a valuable life lesson that is applicable in many situations:

The last two pages of the issue are absolutely amazing. It was like a combination of laughing and "hell yeah".

Edit: Screw it.

Suben fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 14, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Well we get at least one last funny moment from Scarlet Spider #24 right in the middle of everything going to poo poo for Kaine. He's decided he's failed as a hero so now he's going to burn his costume.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I don't know what I like more, the part about not being able to pronounce "Mjolnir" or the Punisher's line.

It's actually that Kaine, in true Kaine fashion, continues to look grumpy while everyone else is yucking it up.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

It is really, really hard to pick one page or sequence from that issue.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

It's dumb as gently caress but goddamn did it make me laugh (that probably works for the series as a whole). From Superior Foes of Spider-Man #8.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Is that a Galactus pool floaty the chick (no idea who she is)'s in?

That's Boomerang's girlfriend and it was a dream sequence so he also started imagining her as Galactus for some some reason (dream logic).

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

New Warriors #6 (please read it it's finally hit its groove but it has bad sales and probably isn't long for this world)

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

From (the preview for) Superior Foes of Spider-Man #13

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

From the preview for Hobgoblin #1, Roderick Kingsley's reinvented himself as a hero and Phil Urich/Goblin King is none too happy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

We'll miss you, Superior Foes. :smith:

At least things went out with a bang. Or perhaps...a shock.

It's worth pointing out that it's a Spidey Super Stories reference.

• Locked thread