Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

I posted:

Easy to spot who the skin bender is modeled after.
drat, anime proportions look horrifying when drawn more realistically.

You think that's bad, you should see that Ukrainian girl who's basically turning herself into a living anime. The eyes, dear god, the eyes...

Also, those PBF panels are amazing, did he do any more for Strange Tales?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Poor Firestar, she just never seems to catch a break.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Please tell us that Dredd later finds the filthy perp responsible for the vile murder of Judge Fish and dispenses the appropriate justice. :unsmith:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Judges were a nice touch too.

The more I see of Otto-Spidey, the more I think we can probably take those re-scripted news strip Spidey stories as canon now because the characterisations aren't too different. I eagerly await the inevitable DIE IS CAST-ing against his dread nemesis, Truck.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy poo poo, that's great. Another one to add to the list, drat it,

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
All of Nextwave is indeed love but damned if that scene with Aaron joining in with the cop beating doesn't kill me every time.

Why can't we have more, drat it! More!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Jerusalem posted:

Quite honestly most of the panels I've seen have felt a little forced in their humor to me, but maybe it all works better in context. I just love seeing cool old sideline Marvel stuff like The Mindless Ones come out of nowhere.

Once, I was like you. A fool who thought 'pfft, that just looks silly and BSS won't shut the gently caress up about it, how good could it really be?'.

Now, I weep for my folly and spend my evenings working on a time machine so I can travel back, punch myself in the knackers repeatedly and go out and buy enough copies to guarantee a second series.

It's really good.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Picklepuss posted:

http://couchlocked.com/comic-snark/comics/emothor-grabs-a-blanket/

Scroll down about halfway and you'll see Hela was easily 7 foot tall way back when. But maybe she's unique, I dunno.

Woah, Hela looks way hella stylish when she goes to Earth and starts wasting muggers.

In fact, once they're done with Sif, it'd be cool to see a Hela run in JiM.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Is Bandette available in a trade yet or is it digital only? I adore everything I've seen of it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Endless Mike posted:

Bandette is being collected by Dark Horse:
Get A First Look Inside Tobin And Coover's 'Bandette Vol. 1: Presto!' Hardcover From Dark Horse [Preview]
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/...preview-extras/

Hurrah! Finally some good news.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, Fraction just retweeted the entire thing, absolutely amazing. I guess I should be following Steranko, shouldn't I?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

ImpAtom posted:

... That's pretty loving grim.

There's no way the great Matadori would be bested by a pair of common thugs armed with something as tacky as a revolver :colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy poo poo. Someone needs to make a Snowflame character for Salty Bet so Rare Akuma can learn what it is like to know fear.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

KayTee posted:

He-Man and Teela have joined up with Evil-Lyn to confront Skeletor on Earth. They find their way to the Batcave, hoping to recruit Bats on the advice of Constantine (for 'twas he who lead them to the cave).

DC Universe Vs. Masters of the Universe #2.

:psyboom:

As one of those still mourning the loss of Hellblazer, it's fair to say that's probably the most demented summary I think I've ever read (which, given "COMICS!" usual standards, is probably saying something). That said, I can't possibly be bitter about it because it's so loving funny I can barely stop laughing. John chilling out with Evil-Lyn in the loving Batcave. AMAZING.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Okay, point proven: I need to be reading the Superior Foes of Spider-Man, like, yesterday.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
This could have been a delightful song & dance routine but alas...

Sex Criminals #3

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm not sure what I love more: Adam's horrific widow's peak or the fact Billy went to hit some guy he's never met before so hard that he'd be surprised if he survived the punch.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

From G.I. Joe #55.

"I notice a lack of polyester suits in your size." :iceburn:

Destrowned.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Telling you, Hama's first few years on GI Joe were fantastic. And, er, greatly unsettling, in a good way. The Cobra Island story ends with a delicious comment from a gleeful Cobra Commander while the good guys are walking away with their tail between their legs:

"What a great system! If you have enough money and you can hire the best lawyers, you can do anything you want!"

:911:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The sum total of Optimus Prime's life, knowledge, wisdom and personality, contained within 1.2MBs of storage.

Sounds about right.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What we're left with is a largely neutral, true-trickster Loki between Kid Loki and Evil Loki, with actual Evil Loki scheming separately elsewhere presumably looking to give new guy the Kid Loki treatment at the right opportunity.

Speaking of the new issue, loved it all but particularly the "wait, you don't think *I'm* Lor-" "Nah, she sitting over there thinking I'm a 40 something chatting to you" bit.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

techknight posted:

Why are the kids so happy to see all three of those horrible people? :psyduck:

Because they caught a film noir detective film on TV and hence know that cigarettes are cool and Superman is a big, old stiff working for The Man.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I dunno about "funny", and definitely not panels as such, but I thought I should post these somewhere:

From this Vice article. By Krent Able.

Holy poo poo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Sue looks like a reversed version of that dude who eveyone seems to invariably post in response to pics of someone's arse or something.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Grendels Dad posted:

He kinda looks like my 11-month old son. right down to the color and number of toes.

Your 11 month old son could probably draw a panel as 'good' as that too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

zoux posted:

Also guess who Kate is dressed up as.

Outstanding.

I passed on this Deadpool/Hawkeye thing but clearly that was a mistake.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, Art Installation Doom was amazing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

LordHippoman posted:

From "March Of Crime #1", found on that public domain comics site.

:stonk:

I present the world's first anime

A thousand berries? drat, I never knew hitmen were so cheap.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Mr Tastee posted:

Since I'll be posting updates from Thanks, Ken Penders regularly...

Why? Why would you do this when there's an actual Sonic thread you can keep all this godawful shite in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

Are we talking actual canon, or Marvel Handbook canon? Like them shits say Spider-man sticks to wall with static electricity, but I'm pretty sure that's never come up in the books.

There was a Spider-Man story in the late 80s/early 90s (think it was in Spectacular, still in the black duds) where Electro does exactly that - has a eureka moment, absorbs all the static electricity in the vicinity and Pete suddenly loses his grip and drops like a rock into a barrage of lightning bolts.

• Locked thread