Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

There are so many funny parts in the new Hawkeye but I don't want to spoil it since it's new today.

Well I have no such qualms! But seriously, everybody should go out and buy this thing, because there's even more funny stuff.

All from Hawkeye #2. Seriously, Amazing Spider-Man's awful and Gambit and Hawkeye have great books out, what mad world is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sefer posted:

I'm pretty sure he's showed up non-iced recently, he's just been hanging out in ice form a lot.

I mean, he's effectively immortal when iced up, so I'd probably stay that way too if my life was always in danger.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ :stare:

e: for content, I like the fun facts in AvX VS #5

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
A little bit of context: Doom separated Hulk and Banner (Hulk requested it). Banner went nuts and they got recombined, and now Banner is once again trying to cure himself of the Hulk. He's got all the ingredients, but he wants to check real quick to see just what Doom did to him. So he has to bust into Latveria while not hulking out (which is pretty badass) to get answers.

Never change, Doom :allears:

Incredible Hulk #13

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

His son probably updated his doombots in memory of his father (he's still around, right?). Aside from the FF, does anyone know what happened to Doom?

Nope, unless Reed's been talking. I actually didn't think about when this takes place. There's no footnotes, but it could be before Doom crossed over. It would be hilarious if Banner/Hulk's raid on Castle Doom (where this arc is heading) leads up to one last Doombot saying "He's not even here, dumbass", then self-destructing.

Len posted:

Does this arc begin at Incredible Hulk #1? It's a silly question but I can never keep up with Marvel Numbering.

Technically, this issue is the beginning of this arc, but it's the culmination of the entire series up to this point, so yeah, start at #1 if you really want to understand it all.

e: I don't care how Everything Burns ends, but I want Kid Loki and Thori to be around for a long time

Journey Into Mystery #643

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 13, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

enigmahfc posted:

I'm just going to pretend that the only thing Bruce has on is the cowl, cape, and boots. Maybe the utility belt. The rest of him is free.

He's out there Alfred, and he's lovin' every minute of it!

A little advice on how to be Spider-Man, from a pro:

Spider-Men #5

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I thought it was kind of an unwritten rule but people were posting panels from Hawkeye #2 like 45 minutes after the earliest comic shops opened.

Not unless your earliest comic shop opened at 9:38 PM (EST). I mean, I thought the official rule was that anything was fair game after it was available for purchase, and while it might be nice to put in a rule for all these "post your favorite panel" threads, the issue arises of where to draw the line.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 20, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mister Roboto posted:

A week or two?

Just for politeness sake, the community's pretty good here so I can't see anyone really kicking up a fuss they can't post scans within the first few hours, yeah?

I mean, I'll wait a day or two from now on, but a week seems a bit much unless Taters or Waterhaul wants to make a ruling on the subject.

ANYWAY, just to repost it for the new thread, here's probably my favorite comic ever. A lot of people say the most recent Ghost Rider run was bad... and for the most part they're right, but #7 and 8, where GR (who is a girl in this run) and depowered Johnny Blaze team up with Hawkeye are simply wonderful. So they're fighting Steel Wind and Steel Vengeance, two ridiculous old Ghost Rider enemies...

(Then they get captured)

from Ghost Rider #8, obviously

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 20, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
^^^ You got it!

Ghost Rider #7

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Urdnot Fire posted:

I'm guessing the Shazam side-stories are worth buying Justice League for?

The back-ups in the past few Justice Leagues? Not at all, in my opinion at least. JL #0? Hell yes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I think someone mentioned last time that that second page reads better if you imagine everyone's being sarcastic, and it's true.

All the Spidey Super Stories read better if you imagine everyone being either sarcastic or mentally handicapped. Or both.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

Avengers Acadamy 38.

Look at that fuzzy tail.

Look at it. :3:

How are you gonna post images from that issue and not post the triumphant return of thread favorite, Rockslide! I'll thumbnail these to prevent too much same day posting of comics since it makes some people mad.

AA 38 had so much great stuff. Seriously, everyone should go out and buy it, because it's essentially an issue of Wolverine and the X-Men, which you should already be buying.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MelvinTheJerk posted:

2) Hawkeye in unquestionably trying to kill him here. First with a Silver Arrow and then when he sets him on fire.

If there's one thing I've learned reading A vs X and a lot of Hawkeye's other appearances, it's that he is like, the first Avenger to go for a killshot. He probably reaches into his quiver, realizes he's running low, and is like "Welp, gotta end this quick before I look real useless..."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No, Pym's dating Tigra now. He WAS boinking his robo-granddaughter... :suicide:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Banner and Hulk are reunited and are storming Latveria along with the Mad Squad (they fight mad scientists, Jason Aaron just made them up, before you ask) to fight Dr. Doom. But as anybody who's been reading Fantastic Four recently knows, Doom's been out of the office/dimension for a while. So who's been housecastle-sitting?

Incredible Hulk #14

I would pay so much money for a mini following the lives of a pack of Doombots.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man, I knew it had to be Hazmat-related, but I was just like, looking for her missing her helmet. That's pretty crazy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Talon #0: gently caress Context.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Matlock posted:

At least it's something unexpected; I swear, it seems like this is the fourth time I've seen Spider-Man webbing the entirety of Manhattan and Punisher capping Captain America.

You know, it's weird, I keep expecting to get tired of it, but I really like them going back to this universe over and over. Seeing the same thing from different angles is just kinda fun, I guess.

It's a Marvel apocalypse story that didn't completely wear out its premise in half an issue *cough* Marvel Zombies *cough*

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Marvel Universe: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #7

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hey, I know a lot of you guys don't read the Comic Strip Megathread, so I decided to repost yesterday's Newspaper Spider-Man here.

The fact that JJJ is willing to jump up and enact a skit just to burn Parker is hilarious.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

Scott's a fuckin' boss.

Scott's trying to make that catch on because you just know he's got a warehouse full of T-shirts he's trying to sell.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

User 77063 posted:

I hear Archer's voice reading this. Especially in the last frame.

"Jesus, Pym, you still tapin' bum fights?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I miss that Machine Man. Why'd we have to go back to boring ol' beep-boop-what-are-these-emotions-you-speak-of Machine Man?

Also, Loki saved the day!

yaaay loki

Mighty Thor #21

edit: Gotta keep cross-posting this Newspaper Spider-Man until Triple-J stops being such a magnificent bastard

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing J. Jonah Jameson

Awww. Look at Peter on the bus with his pathetic little sad face. :)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 22, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lattes: Preferred beverage of Norse gods (presumably after mead and ale and everything else alcoholic). Also, I like to imagine Captain America being really awkward on the dating scene and that's just how he asks everybody to go out for drinks.

Uncanny Avengers #1

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Newspaper Jameson continues to deliver Silver-Age Superman levels of dickery here and it's great.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing J. Jonah Jameson

Oh boy! It's so fun when JJJ attempts to romance ladies!

Fiona. That's quite a costume change.

...Yowzers.

"gently caress you Parker! No money for you!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mister Roboto posted:

The panel two face is hilarious, and that plus the line would make for a great avatar.

Well here it is if you want it, plus flipped if you want him really excited for your post.

Look Fiona, I posted again!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Poor Blade. The poor guy's probably just trying to get a job, you know, being in comics again.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

What's Blade going to do when he runs out of blackulas to kill?

Some motherfuckers are always trying to get teaching jobs. Uphill.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Luke Cage is leaving the Avengers to move on with his life and raise his family and best pal Iron Fist is having problems coping with losing his friend.

New Avengers #31

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
A little late, but Batman knows the reason for the season.

Batman: Lil' Gotham #1

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Welp just bought this and holy poo poo it's hilarious. Every panel was great, everyone was hilarious, it was all around a loving awesome book is the rest of AA this good?

Nooooo, god no. The first arc of AA is everything bad about Bendis's Avengers condensed and amplified with a little bit of Guardians of the Galaxy and Thanos thrown in. Basically the whole thing exists to go "Huh, we're making a GotG movie, right? And Thanos is probably gonna be the villain of Avengers 2? We should probably reintroduce those poorly in case people forgot."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Remember how he sucked at shopping?

(From Seven Soldiers of Victory)

I love that that whole spiel about storm clouds is his opening line and not the bread thing. It makes me think of Dr. Orpheus from Venture Bros.

For content, here's Batman Inc #0 where we see that Batman has a very interesting sales pitch for joining his organization:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 17, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

Holy poo poo that made my brain start playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaJDwv56ii0

Oh thaaaaat's what it's a reference to :doh:.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Secret Avengers #34: Captain Britain figured that a universe consisting entirely of the undead would be a safe place to store an Orb of Necromancy since he reasoned no one there would really give a poo poo. But when he and Hawkeye go to pick up the orb for Avenger stuff, things go south.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

Looking for a funny panel- everyone's favorite junior x-man Rockslide giving a good weirdo stare, with olde-tyme stare-lines and all, at one of the x-girls (I think) for some reason. Can't even remember who he was staring at, so I'm having a hell of a time finding it, but I remember the look on his face was great. Someone's gotta know what I'm talking about.

It was in the last thread, from Generation Hope #12:

Same issue had this, for pun lovers:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

This is amazing, I cant wait till comeone does the infamous catwomen buttbody one.

Someone already did:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

From the Deadpool #3 letters page.

More funny things from letters pages, here's an adorable letter Fraction's 9-year-old nephew sent him in Hawkeye #5:

I for one look forward for Hawkeye's date with a lady who loves another boy (Clint will of course wear an eyepatch the whole time).

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, I love that panel. I really love the narration too, and feel that it too often gets overlooked in favor of just gazing at the rad image. You just don't get intros like "The indestructible Nick Fury appears like a human cyclone to face a new foe!" anymore.

Oh, and here's a panel from Deadpool #3:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

(also, this isn't a funny panel, so any further discussion on this topic really ought to be moved to Derailed)
Or maybe we should just make it a drat sticky, because it seems to come up on an all-too-regular basis.

Anyway, have some laffs. Hawkeye #5: Clint, you have to be prepared before you try to do dramatic entrances.

Ooo, just one shoe away from the badass thread, Barton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

Oh dang, I thought it was just something he drew independently. What the hell was it a cover to?

Probably a variant for Batman Inc., since that's the Inc suit Bats is wearing.

• Locked thread