Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pacra posted:

Spiderman spider-totem!

I really like the idea of the spider totem. It's just that the few mentions of it have sucked.

Just the idea of Peter being a 100% science type guy having to deal with magic and religion is the sort of thematic tension I think could make some great stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is there a reason all the Giant Men in Ultimates are actually Giant Women?

I can't remember seeing a huge man for ages now? I think maybe in the arc when vampires attacked the Triskelion, but I've blocked most of that from my memory.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
About? Why does it need an about?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Oh God get Spinning Jameson Head #1 in front of a counter-clockwise-spinning Hypno-Spiral and you'll have the ultimate in horrifyingly trippy Avatars.

I feel a bit queasy now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

OH GOD I MUST FIND A WAY TO AVATARIZE THIS

All will bow down before my hatred of Spider-Man!

I don't think you can. There's so much movement between each frame that there's no real room to optimise it. It only has 8 colours and 13 frames, any fewer and it looks like arse. Any smaller and it loses its effect because you can barely make out JJJ or the spiral effect :(

I'd love to make the head get bigger and smaller as it spins, but that's way too much work for something that will probably never fit into the size restrictions of an avatar.

EDIT - oh god, what have I done! Don't stare at the spot between his eyebrows!

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 7, 2013

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Slashrat posted:

You play as either Eggman or Wily as you try to outdo the other doctor in a friendly competition of who is better at duping their respective nemesis into being an unwitting pawn in their mutual schemes

When was the last time a decent game let you play as the bad guy anyway? Dungeon Keeper?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I finally remembered what this panel reminded me of:

Specifically, this bit:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Taskmaster in Osobrne's little cabal was a really interesting take on the character. Sure, he's a 'bad guy' but he just wants a nice slice of the cake, not to destroy the goddamn world. He was so far out of his depth that he couldn't even see the surface.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

VanSandman posted:

Yeah, I like to think Marvel's giving themselves a way out on that one. Kid Loki is more fun, but having him still technically be the old Loki means he can still do something evil if they really need a big moment for Thor down the line.

They should make it like Death and Death of Rats from Discworld. Two aspects of the same thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ibntumart posted:

the Aquaman of the land

I'm stealing this and using it to describe useless people I don't like.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
"Black Bolt is laughing at you in his mind" remains my single favourite line of just about any comic ever.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Via Tumblr

Probably one of the best goofy covers ever :)

I'll be goddamned. I was just trying to remember this comic the other day. I had one of the Creature Commando comics when I was a kid and it was loving marvelous. A werewolf, a medusa, a Frankenstein's monster and a vampire team up to fight nazis :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Duke Igthorn posted:

How do I...how do I "Like" a post here? I got a three hour rant about how terrible, broad, and schticky those movies were, there's not a single human-like interaction in any of those movies and, combined, they are worse than Batman and Robin.

While I agree with most of this, I will defend the first movies' portrayal of J Jonah Jameson to the death.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Mary Marvel don't say your magic word! Doctor Sivana has booby trapped your uterus to implode!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I never get why superheroes always have to tell everyone their powers in their name. It's practically telling their foes how to beat them.

I can't remember which comic it was, but I think it was an Image imprint, where a new hero found a ring that gave him superpowers and, naturally, decided to call himself the Ring. Luckily for him, he met an older hero who told him to cut that poo poo out because he was effectively calling himself 'Cut-My-Hand-Off-And-My-Powers-Will-Vanish Man'.

The only possible exception to this would be if you were telekinetic. In that case, calling yourself Mr. Shifty would be perfectly acceptable.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Dagda posted:

Since this is an image thread, a funny/racist panel:

The island of Oolong!

Didn't they remake the character during one of their big events as basically DC MODOK?

Here we go:

Pic from 52 #25

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That was the best PG run. So fun and cheesy. When it ended so did my last interest in DC :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

goatface posted:

What's the line, something like "I'd have done it myself but I don't have the two weeks to bring my knowledge of biology to your level"?

Don't know the issue.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Yinlock posted:

Hahaha it's too late, join me in reading the series for small children where everyone is super-likable and well-written and feel my pain.

It really is the best.

Can't remember the issue :shrug:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

prefect posted:

(Master Pandemonium, from one of the John Byrne issues of West Coast Avengers.)

See I always look at stuff like this and wonder, "How does this guy live his life? How does he dress himself? How does he wipe his arse after taking a dump?"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Archyduke posted:

Fast learner.

(Spider-Man & Human Torch #5)

The Spider-mobile is the stupidest thing ever, but damned if I don't love it when it makes an appearance. It happens just rarely enough for it to not get old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lurdiak posted:

Why do you think he's so angry at the world?

Now I've got a mental image of MODOK rubbing his face up against a door jamb like a dog with an itchy butt.

• Locked thread