Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Omega is a prequel so it makes some sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It's going to pull a Suikoden 3 and have us play other pairs isn't it? That just seems the logical way for it to go.

EDIT: Oh silly me. Didn't notice that.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 13, 2012

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Hmm. Parallel timelines converging. Wonder if that means we're going to have a four-person party for the true final dungeon.

Or more. What if every named couple Escher's team fought won in another timeline?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kantesu posted:

How do we know there's only two couples available? We might unlock more by finishing the first two.

I'm suspecting this given the number of folks we're seeing now.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
We're going to end up playing as Mana and Ayuto later aren't we?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm even more convinced we're going to see Ayuta and Mana's side now. There's obviously unrevealed story there.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Drakenguard and its sequel had the weapon histories but they weren't related to the current plot.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bellmaker posted:

Hmm... I don't think it's necessarily memory shenanigans afoot given the conversation at the end there. I have a feeling this Mana and this Ayuto aren't from the same dimension, but why? :munch:

Except the fact that Mana seemed to have forgotten the horse incident in the same world. Ayuta might have memory issues but my suspicion is that Mana has body doubles in her world (or might even be a body double of the princess currently.) It was a pretty common thing for royalty to attempt.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

So does this game like to play with genetic memories or is this Ayuta actually the original, who's forgotten more than most people will ever learn?

My theory is clones. It's Ayutas all the way down...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sylphosaurus posted:

Yeah, when I see it I don't exactly think "universe destroying horror" but instead "Pacmans Evil Cousin".

I was thinking langoliers, personally.

• Locked thread