Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well, this game is wracking up a body count at an alarming rate. Not many people left...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

See, this is the kind of crazy technobabble I like. Reminds me of Parasite Eve but with GENES! instead of MITOCHONDRIA!

If Chrono Cross was more like this it might make some drat sense.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Mokinokaro posted:

We're going to end up playing as Mana and Ayuto later aren't we?

It's looking likely, especially now we've seen Ayuto can fight.

On top of that I have a feeling that either Garrick/Alto or Olgar/Vahti are gonna break these temporal shenanigans over their knees. I'm hoping this game goes the Eternal Poison route...

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well, it seems there's more to Mana and Ayuta than we thought, and not just their backstories.

It's a shame the gameplay isn't more refined, I eat this alternate reality stuff for breakfast.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hmm... I don't think it's necessarily memory shenanigans afoot given the conversation at the end there. I have a feeling this Mana and this Ayuto aren't from the same dimension, but why? :munch:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Glazius posted:

They're... her children? And Olgar's too. Given that we have to know how the Ark works to play this story, that's not really surprising.

Aren't they technically all their children given what we know of the Ark? What makes Ayuta such a special snowflake to Olgar?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Tylana posted:

This time the Agent says no-one has passed him before on the elevator. That's a change isn't it?

Yeah, it's another one of those parallel dimensional quirks, I think.

Looking forward to what Olgar and Vahti have in store for us.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Now they're just taunting us with Garrick and Alto.

Musiea seems a lot more religious in this universe.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Oh Escher, what have you gotten yourself into this time? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Wait, Olgar's saying that the Agent is Bizarro Olgar? :munch:

It would have been better if Mana had taken the hit for Ayuta and they both bought it, I think.

• Locked thread