Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Strike Commanderrrrrrrrrrrrr

dooooooooooooooooooooo strike commanderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My scrollwheel definitely appreciates you cutting out a lot of the dungeon navigation repetition, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

sudonim posted:

Anyone else having trouble with images from the Ayuta/Mana updated not loading?

Haven't had any problems, just loaded this and the last page (so last update) and it's been fine for me.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Way to give it away there, Vahti.

I've got a pretty good guess at what's going to happen next. Game: not subtle!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

There's telegraphing and then there's hanging a neon sign on the game saying LOOK! BODY DOUBLE! SECRET NAME CHANGE! WILL BE REVEALED AT DRAMATIC MOMENT!

and yet I'm still interested to see where they go next, so, go Chaos Rings?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Mokinokaro posted:

My theory is clones. It's Ayutas all the way down...

This could apply to every character so far. It's ____ all the way down, indeed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Heavy neutrino posted:

It was a pretty good idea to get rid of Garrick and Alto to be honest. What kind of idiot runs a single elimination tournament with 5 contenders, anyway? Does the Ark just summon them in to be an example or something? What a jerk.

Someone who wants a designated "taking one for the team to impress how serious business this tournament is."

Not really idiocy, just calculating. Everyone needs a Worf and or Wolverine!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Just imagine someone doing this loop first. (or second, since you can't do it immediately) ... talk about a :psyduck: moment.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You can just hear the game developers doing their little "dramatic reveal.wav" right there.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I would laugh so much if it were like 72%

"oh you thought this was the endgame? JUST WAIT"

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ah, one more fakeout ending. It wouldn't be Chaos Rings without like 847 fakeout endings before the Real True Ultimate Ending We Mean It This Time.

:v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think we need at least one more fakeout ending before The Real Ending. Which will also probably have a fake-fakeout ending.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think when we found out he is literally wearing a bikini on his head, any potential of seriousness with Piu-Piu went out the door. Sure, they tried to give him this backstory and all, and okay I guess, but ... bikinihead.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ivantod posted:

From what I've seen in the game, I believe this is not the case. Every couple here is just the winner from their respective chapter. Hence, we have Shea and not Mana and so on. The people that walked through the big portal at the end of each part, basically.

That's what I assumed. Parallel universes and time loops, this game has it out for causality like you would not believe.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The knowledge that the Qualia could, in fact, be fought, immediately led to the creation of parallel time universe loops where they spent 10,000 years making sweet space battleships. This feels like Civ when swordsmen fight tanks, somehow.

It's almost like the entire game was designed to let them pull a deus ex machina victory. And if you think it's coincidence that translates to god from the machine ... :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

NGDBSS posted:

Check update 40 and the hair color. "Vieg" here is the main game's Olgar; he probably assumed his father-in-law's name for as-yet-to-be-revealed reasons.

Man I'm glad you posted that, my :stonk: alarm was going off just like Rigged Death Trap. Good point.

Also was it ever explained way back in the mists of an early update why the Moon has an enormous hole in it or is that a new as yet unexplained thing?

Furthermore, that title screen: ahahhahahaha. Subtle.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SSNeoman posted:

Why is this not getting more views? These games are cool. Like The World Ends With You crossed with Nier.
I can't wait for the fake-out credit sequences :allears:

Yeah, this game will probably have like 8 of them. Gotta outdo the last game's 4.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Oh right, it had two per chapter. I was remembering wrong and thought it was just one per.

well poo poo. This game's gonna have like 30, then, isn't it?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

This game: still weird :psyduck:

Good to see you back.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah the giant outer-space mouth thing is pretty creepy. I won't disagree.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

There's artificially prolonging boss fights and then there's a boss saying "I'm invincible as long as the RNG feels like it."

That's just rude.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

A Piu-Piu scenario? Sure, okay :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah I think that's what it's trying to make you think right now but I feel like there will also be at least one fakeout.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I know, it's pretty radical speculation, but I'm confident in my predictions! Speaking of which, how many times do we see the title screen before it's really over? Six?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

"Hey. This situation is confusing. I'm going to punch you in the face, so we're all clear on things."

I like Li Hua already.

e: Remember the good old days of Chaos Rings 1, when it was just Escher and Museia, and we thought "man this is pretty straightforward. I get it."

and now here we are two games later and four hundred and seven thousand fakeout endings later, sure to see more of them.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 3, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Heh. Of course.

Also Li Hua should give Conor a little concussive maintenance; get him up to speed right away.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

legoman727 posted:

Oh screw you, Conor, you're going right back on the pillar the moment it's time.

haha, I wonder if the developers did this deliberately to make the player try and sacrifice Conor every single time from now on.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Rigged Death Trap posted:

(go for the Sakura wars record!)

hey ivantod's already completed a game so there's no way he can go for the SW record.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Given that this is Chaos Rings there are probably 400000000 other universe Conors, all of whom are fine. Who'll miss one?

I mean - it's not like the guy's name is Garrick. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

noooo where's my Strike Commmander LP :negative:

oh wait, three month rule. There's hope!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ivantod posted:

Oh, don't worry you'll get it. It's just, well, we haven't even reached yet the FIRST ending of this game, really...

True! It's Chaos Rings, there are probably five endings. At least!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

apparently immense personal tragedy and the psychological trauma of having to kill someone you love even though they can't say anything to each other because video games turns Darwin into a sass machine.

if only you could've been like this the entire time, Darwin.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's different endings all the way down, this is Chaos Rings. We'll get plenty of use out of pickups from this dungeon, the next, the next, probably the next... :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And don't forget

actually I think we'd all prefer to forget that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I started reading that update and said "so where's the to be continued slide" and oh hey :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hey, RPG final bosses have like 937 final forms. You never know, Lessica might show up in another one of them -- on your side. And then be the enemy, and then be on your side, and ... okay, probably not.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ivantod posted:

Did I not tell you at the very beginning that Lessica is awesome?

Hey, Li Hua straight up punched him in the face. It's good to see people treating Piu Piu correctly.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

nice! Thanks for going through all of these, ivantod!

ivantod posted:

So I will say goodbye for now, and we'll see what will come next. Maybe Chaos Rings 3, maybe something else, not sure yet. We'll see.

If you'll refer to your MOST EXCELLENT avatar, in that thread I believe there was discussion of Strike Commander :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ivantod posted:

Ha, I was wondering if you are going to dig up that old joke again... you did not disappoint! :v:

are you kidding? Probably the high point of my posting career here. How could I ever forget?

• Locked thread