Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm going to miss it once the plot moves past The Best loving Planet Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

vyelkin posted:

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. Like the planet of literal aliens that would try and kill anyone they thought told a lie, out of nowhere, when everything was going so well.

I really liked that planet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'll be surprised if the explanation doesn't tie into the reverse gravity zone, somehow.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Biology lesson updates are the best updates.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Dunkirk isn't always the most agreeable person, but he knows how to take care of his problems and I respect him for that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ZearothK posted:

You might be on to something. He's clearly a clever and resourceful survivor, but his gently caress up in the start of the comic is what started all this mess. Maybe he's part of a conspiracy that wants to see Petrevolt destroyed. :tinfoil:

Maybe it wasn't a mistake.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Once again, I find Thorsby's dissertations on social evolution fascinating. :allears:

I wonder what kind of education he has. I'm not sure I agree with all his conclusions, but it's all very insightful.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The latest comic seems to suggest that the current aliens are born female but can become male.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That would also explain why the man who owns the art gallery hasn't shown any signs of misdirection or disrespect toward Extension Cord.
Since he's not her husband, he'd lose nothing by her becoming male.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can't help but get the impression that the new comic is setting us up for something ridiculous. I know that mostly always true, but now I think it's more true than normal.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sizone posted:

The limbchoosers not favoring stereoscopic hearing puzzles me. They go for stereoscopic vision. WHY THORSBY? We have two ears for a reason.

It might be a complex ear that is composed of multiple separate hearing organs. Such a complex ear could hear stereoscopically on it's own.
The size of the limbchooser ear seems to suggest it. It's unlikely the species would have adapted such a large ear unless the size had some benefit.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
You can tell poo poo's about to go down because the Commander has not only shown emotion, but shock.

The situation with the cause of war mirrors the introduction of DNA testing to the Best Planet Ever. I think the story is at a turning point.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

cubivore posted:

The secret of war, the final truth: men instinctively want all the wives, forever.

That doesn't seem to be the case, though.
The comic mentions that people who want several wives can get them without war, and that monogamous people are just as likely to go to war.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

scarycave posted:

His arms and foot detached to escape the death-ray. :allears:

Rum must be trained in the Limbchooser martial arts.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I gotta say, Tjargello babies are pretty cute.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think the comic is closing in on the final stretch. I say this mostly because the newest comic is labeled "FINAL PART".

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Cat Mattress posted:

The latest :siren: update :siren: is a huge surprise.

I love this. I hope it ends up having no bearing on the plot. Yeah, there's a size difference, but it's no big deal or anything.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I love the tiny flying saucer landing on top of the cabinet.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I don't know. I just killed my boyfriend earlier today. This is a bit sudden.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Personally, I'm betting on a Cyrano de Bergerac situation.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Everything has gone far too well. Something horrible is going to happen, perhaps immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
There are some great lines in today's comic.

• Locked thread