Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Astro7x posted:

NIntendo wants some feedback on their social media coverage during E3

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/491637049750216704

Asking what they should have more of in their social media and listing memes as an option got a chuckle out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I'm going through Wonderful 101 on a bottle cap collection mission. There's a caps for completing all the secret missions, as well as the bonus Kahkoo-regahs.

Know I gotta complete the Kahkoo-regahs on Normal, Hard, and 101%. Unsure if it's the same for the Secret Missions. Seen some claims that you gotta complete the secret missions on all 5 difficulties, can anyone confirm this?

Also, gently caress Wonder-Gambler. Been through that wheel about a dozen times without getting him yet.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

sulphix posted:

Know I gotta complete the Kahkoo-regahs on Normal, Hard, and 101%. Unsure if it's the same for the Secret Missions. Seen some claims that you gotta complete the secret missions on all 5 difficulties, can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm. However, once you clear all the secret missions in a level, you can quit out of the level with those secret missions still counted as being cleared the next time you reach a checkpoint in the level and the checkpoint save indicator pops up in the bottom left.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Asking what they should have more of in their social media and listing memes as an option got a chuckle out of me.

Nintendo announces re-release of CD-i Mario and Zelda games because Iwata feels their company needs "more memes" in order to succeed.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Random Stranger posted:

The Treehouse stuff was the best marketing I've seen from a game company since... well, maybe forever. I'm so used to these tightly controlled demos where I might as well be watching a video. The more freeform Treehouse told me a lot more about what the games were going to be like than the five minute video of The Witcher 3 (which I'm sure will be good since the previous two games were, but that was a bad, by-the-numbers demo they were doing for people at E3). The biggest problem with it is that they might not have had enough to show.

No loving kidding, the super awkward "gameplay videos" where it's not clear if you're supposedly hearing actual human players talking or a post-play voiceover or NPC chatter will hopefully die as an industry trend. The sooner I never see that bullshit again, the better.

Lemming posted:

I liked when they had the Splatoon devs face off against the game testers and the testers got owned multiple times in a row, that was great. And then they made rude squid gestures.

Edit: Splatoon will save video games

Yeah the Splatoon dev during a live interview was like "Hang on I'm owning dudes" and that sold me on the game way more than some fakey "gameplay" trailer for Call of Shootmans 17

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 22, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bobnumerotres posted:

Nintendo announces re-release of CD-i Mario and Zelda games because Iwata feels their company needs "more memes" in order to succeed.

I'm waiting for King Harkinian to be announced for Hyrule Warriors. "MAH BOI" he yells as he smashes moblins with his goblet.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

We'll know that the Wii U's fortunes have turned around when the yes vote overtakes the no vote on this thread's poll. It's getting closer! :unsmith:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I think it's fair to say the "I'm an idiot" people are potential WiiU owners and can be counted as yes.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo US dudes, Kmart is doing some sort of points-back deal with Wii U preorders where you can get two for ~$100 and then get $40 off in points, or something?

http://slickdeals.net/f/7078082-2x-wii-u-games-pre-order-41-shop-your-way-points-105-free-shipping

Eligible games include pretty much every big upcoming Wii U game (Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Mario Party 10, Smash, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Wooly World) plus a few other games for other platforms.

edit: I was reading the deal wrong. It's actually amazing.

But I just tried it and it didn't recognize the coupon code anymore.

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 22, 2014

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I think it's fair to say the "I'm an idiot" people are potential WiiU owners and can be counted as yes.

I think I voted "maybe", and I obviously bought one.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I voted "Waluigi" and I bought the thing on launch so

Everybody should've voted Waluigi.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mercury Crusader posted:

Everybody should've voted Waluigi.

Why would you do that? Waluigi doesn't even have any games.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Does it count if i voted Waa?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
You people ruined this poll.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Nolgthorn posted:

Waa

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why would you do that? Waluigi doesn't even have any games.

It's only a matter of time.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Waa forever

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spacebump posted:

It's only a matter of time.

Year of Waluigi

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Trent posted:

Year of Waluigi
Oh. That far away :sigh:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nolgthorn posted:

This is why I don't vote.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This isn't directly related to the E3 survey, but I'm gonna bring it up anyway: at the last investors' briefing, Miyamoto said they're gonna be phasing out the Iwata Asks articles because they're too "niche" and they want to spend their time on promotional tacks that have more mainstream appeal. They're probably right, but they're also wrong as hell, so whenever Nintendo asks you for fredback, tell them how rad Iwata Asks is and how you want more of 'em and/or suggest ways they could make them more appealing to more people, or whatever.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Strange Quark posted:

I check marked "memes" so fast I almost forgot to check mark the other stuff

The Cranky Kong thing made nerds so mad for no reason I can't help but love it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"THERE WILL BE NO URBAN CHAMPION 2" probably would have been funnier if they'd, y'know, stop trying to sell us the original.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

This isn't directly related to the E3 survey, but I'm gonna bring it up anyway: at the last investors' briefing, Miyamoto said they're gonna be phasing out the Iwata Asks articles because they're too "niche" and they want to spend their time on promotional tacks that have more mainstream appeal. They're probably right, but they're also wrong as hell, so whenever Nintendo asks you for fredback, tell them how rad Iwata Asks is and how you want more of 'em and/or suggest ways they could make them more appealing to more people, or whatever.

I actually mentioned that I think they should do developer AMAs o Reddit.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

"THERE WILL BE NO URBAN CHAMPION 2" probably would have been funnier if they'd, y'know, stop trying to sell us the original.

If Double Helix can make a passable Killer Instinct game I guess, then I'm sure somebody at Nintendo could make a baller rear end Urban Champion remake.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Put Arino on the panel and make it a semi regular segment on GCCX (...like dev interviews used to be in the early episodes).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tecmo-Koei is doing another livestream tomorrow, this time concerning Hyrule Warriors. Should start around 11PM JST, so, what, 7AM PST?

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv183872180

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Thanks!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
My Wii U's hard drive got wiped. After returning from EVO, I found that everything on my Wii U except my user settings and games on my external hard drive are gone.
gently caress me.

e: Nevermind, it's back now? Weird.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 23, 2014

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Your drive might have powered down, is all.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't think of a better thread to ask this in, and it is Nintendo related...

I have an old Gamecube I'm trying to hook up (and possibly sell) but I find that I'm missing the cord that has the multi-colored prongs that connect to the TV. I have the power cord, but not the others. How easily replaceable is this cord?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I have an old Gamecube I'm trying to hook up (and possibly sell) but I find that I'm missing the cord that has the multi-colored prongs that connect to the TV. I have the power cord, but not the others. How easily replaceable is this cord?

Very.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgamecube+composite&_nkw=gamecube+composite&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Very easily replaceable. Just search for "gamecube av cable" on Amazon or something and order one. It's also the same cable as the N64 and SNES, so if you've got one of those lying around you can steal their AV cable.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

This is just them gauging how silly their fans want them to be. They're of course going to get a lot of votes for more memes, which basically means Wario & Waluigi: Brothers in Crime is confirmed for 2015.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

gay skull posted:

This is just them gauging how silly their fans want them to be. They're of course going to get a lot of votes for more memes, which basically means Wario & Waluigi: Brothers in Crime is confirmed for 2015.

If they can actually throw in some jokes a la "How do you type with boxing gloves on?" with regards to Little Mac, I'm sold.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

gay skull posted:

Ugh!! Memes are terrible and people who enjoy them should feel bad.

In all seriousness, I am ok with a little bit of humor but I am not interested in Nintendo trying to mimic the front page of reddit or whatever. Maybe I am just a cranky old fart or something but that's not really my bag.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Nintendo approaches memes with the same grace someone's grandpa would on facebook so I'm all for awkward memes.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

It'd be even funnier if they announced a Playstation Plus-esque free monthly games service on April 1st, and had the first and only game be Urban Champion 2. And it would just be the exact same game as Urban Champion but with different color pallets for everyone, kind of like that Luigi Bros. extra on SM3DW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Nintendo's memes make people really mad for some reason, so I'm all for them.

• Locked thread