Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

I don't think I'm ever getting my Pro Controller from Amazon. Are they that rare, or is Nintendo just not giving them controllers? I don't really need it right now, so I might as well keep the order open I think. Amazon gave me $5 in Amazon Digital Video Game credit for my troubles too, now I just need to find something to spend it on.

I bought one at best buy no problem, though I'm kinda disappointed that toys r us has no idea when they were getting any (they weren't even on the sight, except for that initial page describing the wii u). I got that $20 groupon for toys r us and have no reason to use it =/

quote:

Sonic Racing inexplicably uses a different button for accelerate on the Pro than it does for the Gamepad and Classic. I like that the game supports every conceivable controller, but I wish they'd put a little more thought into the options and maybe included customization.

I don't really remember anything different about the control scheme for SASRT on the pro controller over the wii u gamepad - they (all controller choices) have two different control options - the gamepad and pro controller have ones with either the right trigger or A as accelerate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

Has anyone gotten the Sonic patch yet? I heard it would be out in "hours" a few hours ago but I haven't seen it. :smith:

people are postin stuff about it on the messageboard, so most likely (pics of checkpoints in boost challenges etc)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

Oh good! I'll be able to finally progress when I get home from work tomorrow.

I actually just got on and have not been prompted for it yet either. I don't know if I need to get to a certain screen first or what

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why don't they just implement an age gate. They already do age verification on accounts (if you are a child), there' no way a drop down menu for age (like every website with adult content has had forever) would be harder than blocking downloads during certain periods of the day

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

So many, many posts

Is this a gimmick account because 90% of your postings are done in this thread with the rest spread around DnD and a family guy discussion.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Miiverse won't let me reply to an old convo that was last posted in 5 days ago, lame.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Welp, apparently posting a picture of the character select screen in sonic racing counts as a spoiler.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

Just got Sonic Racing. The moment I think the game cant top itself in awesomeness, the Skies of Arcadia stage happens. Everyone should buy this game.

I'll probably like it more on the pc version, but the frame rate and places itll randomly consider me out of bounds (i was on the edge of that bridge for half a second and it did the oob / zoom out while I was driving normally right after) have made me dread it somewhat.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Artix74 posted:

You can co-op literally everything in the game. Including that big bad mode you hate that locks all the characters. :ssh:

Having to go back to 4 star everything after you've 3 stared everything to finish unlocking mods is pretty annoying though! And traffic attack becomes harder with coop.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Gaming is really loving expensive and the industry and their consumers are still in denial about the costs.

I've never heard this roundabout way of calling gamers entitled before (Is this the part of the thread where we compare physical cart prices from the early 90s to the retail price of games today whilst screaming CETERIS PARIBUS over and over)?

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 21, 2012

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've been sitting in matchmaking for some sonic racing for the past 10 minutes. Where are you new wii u owners =(

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Is trying to download the update taking that much time today? (How has it taken people who have done it today?) I'm wondering if I should wait to set up my WiiU

You can always have it download in the background, it will not impede you actually playing games if you have it download in the background (is this not in the op yet?)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

That was a 1-900 number and you probably cost your parents many :10bux:. :laugh:

There was a 1900 number with a live person, and a non 1-900 (but long distance for most) with a pretty extensive automated tip system for a lot of recent titles. I remember calling that one up and figuring out how to cross some gap in one of the later dungeons in links awakening.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Saturniid19 posted:

Got a Wii U for Christmas, trying to transfer my Wii info over. I've tried a few SD cards on my Wii and when I check the SD card menu it says "Nothing is inserted in the SD Card Slot." Am I doing something wrong or do I need to send my Wii in for repairs just so I can start using another console?

Are you using sdhc cards on a wii that hasnt been updated in a very long time (what version does the system menu say you're on)?

edit: actually this probably isn't the problem if you've managed to get to the online shop and download the transfer app. Try doing a reformat of the sd card on your pc. Have you every had problems with the sd card slot before?

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 31, 2012

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Saturniid19 posted:

this may come as a shock, but I don't know what

quote:

reformat the sd card
means. We've only ever used the cards for storing photos.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4793481_reformat-sd-card.html

I don't know why any of your current sd cards would be having a problem with the wii, unless they were some no name offbrand.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

The screen protectors out right now kind of suck. I have a Horii, but it was an rear end in a top hat to put on right and is like half an inch short. There will probably be better soon.

I don't know if I'm using some other hori screen protector but it was really, really easy to put on and didn't appear to have any coverage issues.

DoctorWhat posted:

So they bugfixed Sonic, yes?

The unwinnable stages and game freezes are gone, yes. the netcode still is kinda lame though

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else have weird overscan areas showing up at 1080p on balloon fight? I know wii mode has a similar issue but I cannot imagine why they would add it to the wii u vc (unless they are just using integer scaling on the main screen for some reason)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Neo Rasa posted:

It's flawed but I do like it more than Twilight Princess personally. The game is bugged wherein it doesn't save that you've been told what a rupee is. So every time you load up your game again, you get to be told what every single item is the first time you pick it up in that session. Other than that the main flaw of the game for me is that they basically removed exploration completely. Also at one point where you do have the opportunity to do an area out of order, due to a glitch if you do it out of order a flag for another dungeon won't trigger and you'll have to restart the entire game. Have a nice day. :)

You can fix your save with that channel in the wii shop

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bobnumerotres posted:

So heavy mii/funky kong in a motor bike was outright the fastest character and he was one of the heaviest. Basically everyone with a serious rank used him online.

This was me that spring break after it came out. Funky kong and then a big mii with the smuggest gooniest face I could make. He took me to 9000+ rating and then it got bad because you never got matched with anyone your level and getting one of those bad breaks in the third lap meant you lost 600 points.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did Gaijin Games ever detail anything exclusive to the wii u version of Runner 2? I'm trying to decide between the wii u and the pc version.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did they fix full color range support over hdmi with this latest update?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't care for pc gaming so it sounds like my best bet. The framerate didn't bother me in the demo so is that the worst it gets?

the skies of arcadia level is the worst

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

You spelled Billy Hatcher wrong.

That wasn't really a framerate problem.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Black Stones posted:

Just a heads up to any goons who might think about buying Pandora's Tower for their Wii U to pass the time - don't do it. The game shipped with a HUGE loving bug that locks up your system near the end of the game if you try and enter a dungeon. There's workarounds for it apparently which involve stuff like having to trigger cut-scenes or ejecting the disc at a certain time and putting it back in to make it not freeze up (it must be a very precise time, cause I tried and it still froze). However, I would rather play a game where I don't have to jump through hoops just to play my game. How it slipped by their QA team I'll never know but apparently the only ones who can patch it is the dev's and they don't know when that will happen.

I plan on seeing if I can return my copy, as in my eyes, it is quite literally a broken product.

I wonder if there is a wiird/gecko os code to resolve this or just put you in the dungeon

edit: you can do the full softmod / hd loader on the wii side of the wii u, right?

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 16, 2013

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Crowbear posted:

Yuuuuup. They should be doing both, really. Put it in Best Buy for prospective customers, put it on the eShop for people that already have a Wii U.

greatn posted:

Put the demos on the store you stupid, stupid morons.

PonchAxis posted:

Godddamn Nintendo is really loving stupid when it comes to their E3 plans. Teaming up with Bestbuy so you could play the demos at the store? gently caress. That.

Hmm yes please put in-development code directly onto peoples personal wii us what could go wrong

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah they might have to do something totally out of left field like put a message at the start that says "Disclaimer - this game is in development and may not represent the final product".

that's not what I was implying at all!

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm in the line for the e3 experience at my best buy, chose to devote the full 7 minutes to Mario kart. I'll let you know how it is

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Central ky. Its getting long. I got here at 3:30 and won't be playing til 4:35. Some are playin solo, some in pairs.

edit: it took only 5 minutes for someone to make a doki doki panic reference.

also a dude slowly waved his 3ds down the entire line

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 12, 2013

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Slightly disappointed in the mk8 demo, since it seemed to be the lowest cc class(or just really slow in general) and I picked wario, who apparently had very slick turning. And don't compare that boo level to the house of dead one, just dont

also wario throbs as you hold the fart horn

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Just played MK8.

Got my Luigi coin.

I must have missed the coin thing, unless its streetpass related. Got a Luigi hat though

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

gobbledygoat posted:

I'd play skylanders if it just let you use the Gamepad's sensor instead of their stupid portal that costs like 30 bucks.

Considering it wants a constant connection to the figure that wouldn't really work. Also coop. Also the new figures that are two parts you mix and match.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TF2 MINING RIG posted:

Skylanders is a game where you have to pay separately for characters who's main difference is their combat abilities when there is barely any combat in the game.

Disney Skylanders doesn't look much better.

I bought skylanders: giants for battle mode, though it turns out its pretty broken balance-wise!

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why the heck can't I use my wiimote in netflix?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else order game and wario on newegg? Mine has yet to ship and the page now has it listed as discontinued:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190352

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah but those assholes made me buy 3 cables for that and released 2 games (that im aware of) for it.

You need more then a proof of concept and to scurry along to the next input style. Whixh obviously they went full wii.

Edit:3 games I guess. WW tingle tuner Crystal Cronicals and 4 swords.

Also pac man vs, an unlock for a metroid game and a way to fix a bug on a gba pokemon game.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Sorry it's a bit off topic but can you elaborate on the Metroid one and the GBA Pokemon fix?

I tried Googling them both. Got a little info on the Metroid one, but some are saying the unlockables are different depending on what version of the game you have? And some are saying it's the FDS version of Metroid 1? Surely people would have gone apeshit that there was an official Nintendo FDS Metroid 1 translated ROM out there? (The FDS version has better sound and save files).

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3947/t388406-berry-glitch-how-to-fix/

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Level Slide posted:

Selfies are something I never knew I wanted in a Zelda game.

He took some in link's awakening. You could even print them out!

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If anyone was interested in buying pokemon rumble u and wasn't planning on getting it through gamestop in-store, let me know - I'm trying to get the other gs exclusive figurine, and can email you the redemption code.

Those little figurines are so drat cute.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Everything he owns lives in layer of dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lord Lambeth posted:

I'll take Swarm over that loving blue shell any day.

Blur's version of swarm was better if only for the fact that powerups weren't random and multiple racers could just grab the powerup and chain it.

Actually most of blur's powerup system / combat was ok. Someone should just make a blur 2 actually.

• Locked thread