Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
Help me decide, goons: with preorders going fast, should I snatch up one or two more units so I can flip them on eBay after Black Friday for easy cash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

There were a lot of people who thought they could do that with the PS3 and got burned.

I can promise you that there will be mountain of people doing that with the Wii U so you're going to have a flooded secondary market to go with the possibility that the Wii U will get off to a slow start (though I think that's unlikely). You've got a get rich quick scheme that's pretty obvious and that's going to reduce your return considerably.

Basically high effort, minimal reward with the added bonus that you're killing your soul a little bit by trying to exploit people.

On the other hand, the basic units are the only ones left ($300 plus tax, so like $330) and they're still far more affordable than the $600 uber-PS3 was back in 2006. Slap on the popularity of the Wii--remember how many months it took to actually see one on store shelves for longer than 10 minutes?--I begin to think that even if I didn't make gobs of cash in competition with the more experienced eBay sharks, I could at least break even selling it last-minute to a mother on Craigslist that wants to save the concept of Santa for her kids. :3: Feel-good story of the year aside, I spent the better part of this past year working at a tourist attraction taking heat from yuppie parents spoiling the crap out of their brats, so I wouldn't feel any remorse in denting the bank account of the highest bidder.

• Locked thread