Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sushi X
Jan 13, 2001

I still love Nintendo games but my fandom for them have wane significantly throughout the years and I am sure this applies to many others as well. Nintendo exclusives such as a new Mario or Zelda games no longer hold the same appeal as they once did. My Wii has been collecting dust for the past two years and I am taking a wait and see approach with the Wii U. The tablet controller looks interesting but none of the implementation of it looks mind blowing or revolutionary. It seems very gimmicky.

Admittedly the launch lineup for the Wii U looks very impressive though a lot of the games seem to be souped up ports that you can find on a 360 or ps3. Nintendo is showing more willingness to branch out and attract "core" gamers this time around, which is very commendable. The Nintendo brand itself does not hold the same luster that it once did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi X
Jan 13, 2001

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I think the fact that big budget multiplatform games are on the thing should make it pretty obvious that it's not just a tablet.

All we can hope is that developers don't shoehorn in touch controls where buttons make more sense like on the DS.

That's one of my concern too. Unfortunately, this seems to be already happening. Just look at the new Rayman game where you can't play Rayman in some of the stages in order to utilize a character who relies on the tablet control. Totally shoehorn for no discernible reason than to force you to use the tablet.

Sushi X
Jan 13, 2001

Buying Nintendo consoles simply for their first party game is a given but having little outside of that is going to leave the system with long periods of game stagnation and a less diversify lineup. I love Nintendo but I can't justify buying their console just to play their games every few months and I am sure others feel the same. Having little third party support is a huge negative no matter how you cut it.

• Locked thread