Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Does anyone in the UK know how GAME are doing with preorders? I'd like to put it off a little bit but if they're running out fast like they are in the US I guess I don't have much choice.

I'm also confused about the ZombiU bundle. GAME still says it comes with NintendoLand on their site but other sources say otherwise. If it does I'll probably nab that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Moving from Mario to another WiiU platformer...

Rayman Legends has been delayed until Q1 2013

quote:

"We're happy that fans are excited about the game, and we are taking the time to make sure we deliver a game that lives up to and hopefully exceeds their expectations. We'll have more details to share soon."

I really hope this is them going "Well poo poo people don't want Murphy levels? Guess we'd better take them out". Because I will gladly wait longer if that's the case.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Late by a number of pages, but doubt that's the case. I think at most they'll rework it so you can change midstage that way it's not all murphy.

I figured that'd be the case but couldn't see it posted... Oh well.

I wouldn't mind being Murphy for some gimmicky fun but I would like the choice to do a run-through with just Rayman.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
This is finally out here in a week, reading through this thread has been excruciating. Got my Premium (deluxe) bundle preordered at GAME even though I doubt they'll run out. I don't think I've ever seen anything game-related sell out near me other than the Wii. Still not sure whether to grab ZombiU or NSMBU with it. Although from what I understand I can always download whichever one I don't get later.

Hope you American lot haven't taken all the good usernames. :ohdear:

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo

Long John Power posted:

I had never heard of them before, they do seem to be all about the bundles though. The site looks a bit ropey as well, have you had any stuff from them before?

I've preordered a few games from them before and they've always arrived on time or a few days earlier. I considered using them for the WiiU but decided against it just in case.

Heard nothing from GAME yet so I hope they're going to have enough stock.

I agree with shopto looking dodgy though, I thought that at first but havent had any troubles.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
To anyone that was worrying about ShopTo.net, I just got an email from them saying that ZombiU's been dispatched, and they even attached a picture of it in the parcel as proof. I completely forgot I even preordered it from there, but was going to pick it up anyway so that's handy...

What's great is that I'm paying the price it was when I ordered it, which was £39, rather than the £48 it is on there now. They do have Sonic Racing Transformed on there for £29 though, which is a tenner cheaper than GAME. I'm tempted to order it.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Got my WiiU this morning :)

I figured there wouldn't be many people there to get one but I was literally the only person in the store, and the first to pick one up. This was at about 9:30. Can't help but feel Nintendo have done a bad job in marketing this thing.

Currently waiting for the update now... only about 10% done. Ho hum.

Monode fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Nov 30, 2012

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
So many updates on this thing. First update took about an hour, then had to wait another 20 minutes or so to get into NintendoLand. Currently waiting for ZombiU to finish updating before it then installs it. I know it's to be expected at launch with all the patches but it's a bit frustrating.

Games are great though once you get into them. Miiverse too.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
NintendoLand is so much fun I've barely played anything else yet.

Metroid, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion are all such fun multiplayer games. I could happily play this for days without anything else.

It hasn't frozen yet thankfully, but then how long was it until other people's did? Hopefully I didn't just jinx it.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Just had my first lock-up while trying to go to Daily Log. Not been on it before and just wanted to see what it was like... Time to enter paranoid mode :ohdear:

Also, I think it's been mentioned here before but even though I've set Miiverse to English Only, my home screen still shows foreign messages. Not a big deal, just seems a bit odd.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
So when they say that they're improving the gaming experience in WindWaker HD does that mean they're taking out the Triforce piece hunting and putting back in the dungeons they had to cut? Because that would be amazing.

Triforce hunting was the only bad thing about that game (maybe the first Forsaken Fortress visit too).

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
It's also Ron Gilbert and not Schafer who wrote it.

I got it a few days ago and it's pretty good. There were a few glitches and slow downs here and there, not sure if that's just on the WiiU or a universal problem. I'm also a bit disappointed the only thing they did with the gamepad was another way to select characters, which I never used anyway since the d-pad is more accessible. Not sure if I'm just smarter now that I'm older or if Ron Gilbert's dumbing it down a bit but I didn't find the puzzles all that challenging. I never used to be able to beat a Ron Gilbert game without looking at a walkthrough at least once.

That said I've only had one run-through with the Hillbilly, the Knight and the Adventurer so some of the other character's areas might be harder. I'm just not looking forward to doing the non-exclusive puzzles again because some of them are pretty long (I'm looking at YOU deserted island) and I'd imagine not very interesting now that I know how to do them.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Does anyone know when Runner 2 is coming to Europe? I've done some searching but can't find anything.

I was looking forward to downloading it this week to get some use out of my WiiU but nope, not there. It's on Steam but not the eShop which is confusing. Hope it's not going to be another Scribblenauts Unlimited.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
I wanted it on WiiU for the off-tv play functionality but if I have to wait months like usual when stuff like this happens then I might as well get it on Steam or XBLA.

It would be nice if they stopped doing this with games, or at least give a reason instead of keeping quiet.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Didn't see this posted here yet, but I do tend to gloss over the "WiiU is doooomed" discussion.

After all the poo poo that's been said about the WiiU and Nintendo recently it's nice to see they still have a friend in Ubisoft :shobon:

It seems like they are the only big publisher that's putting any sort of faith into the console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
I know it's inevitable that they're going to show it, but I really hope New Luigi U doesn't take up too much screen time. We know what it is and when it's out and seen the visuals a million times. More interested in the new stuff.

Also is anyone else having trouble with Nintendo's E3 site on Chrome? None of the visuals load for me but it's fine in Safari. I've turned off every extension that should effect it. It's weird.

• Locked thread