Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Was it SI who were using serving police officers for burglaries in the 80s and 90s or have I got my sleazy fuckers mixed up?

What's the source for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

Big Hackgate 2 story expected in the Evening Standard soon, keep them peeled.

Soon, as in the next couple of hours, or days? It's almost bedtime in New Zealand:)

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Mr Cuddles posted:

Yea I'm definitely not up for a massively long trial but there's no real way to tell it's going to be a long one from the outset. I'm keen to do it because I think I would be fair, and I think it would be interesting, but you've made me wonder about the risks of it dragging on and on.

Maybe I'm being a bit over cautious, but is this the sort of thing we should be discussing in a public forum?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

Brooks first trial has been set for September 2013.

Why the wait? Is this normal procedure?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Tomorrow's Independent front page. http://twitpic.com/b4i3ty

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

What does this mean in English?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Anyone got a link to the original threads on this forum from when the whole thing blew up in 2011?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
What's this cartoon referring to?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cartoon/2013/oct/31/steve-bell-if#start-of-comments

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
What (if anything) is happening with the Daniel Morgan murder at the moment?

A couple of years ago in this thread or a predecessor there was some very technical talk about some sort of hacking of ITV digiboxes (or something like that, the details were lost on me). Did this ever develop into anything?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

marktheando posted:

With Horse meaning 'thing that gets widely reported on' and NDS meaning 'thing that gets largely ignored' I'm assuming?

Someone remind me what NDS is please.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Oh aye. The technical details were discussed on this thread and went over my head a bit!

Gambrinus fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 19, 2014

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
For some reason, that "One conker" made tea come out of my nose.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

I think she hosed up last week, but I can't say why in public. I'm sure the prosecution noticed.

Does the prosecution get another "go" to point this out?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Do you think we need a dedicated paedophile thread on here then? (Yes, that sounds a bit weird).

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

My understanding it was filmed by someone else at a sex party, he was one of a number of people present.

The cabinet minister was in the film (he may or may not have been raping kids).

The video was taken by someone else (not the cabinet minister) across the border.

The someone else got caught with the video tape. It wasn't the cabinet minister caught carrying the tape back into the country.

Is that an accurate summing up?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Jedit posted:

Disagree. I watched half the first one before switching off. It was a badly paced, muddled mess.

Better the films than the books, I reckon.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
So, a former Home Secretary seems to have fallen off the front pages a bit. Is that it for another thirty years then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

ReV VAdAUL posted:

To tangle things together just a bit more Tom Watson believes that the Telegraph may be sitting on evidence relating to Establishment child abuse, this time by Labour MPs:

https://medium.com/@tom_watson/the-revelations-that-the-daily-telegraph-s-peter-oborne-has-resigned-claiming-that-the-newspaper-16f6275a5194

I'm sure this was mentioned briefly in Private Eye a few issues ago. Anyone else recall it?

• Locked thread