Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Aatrek posted:

Here's a nutso tidbit about the world of the future, from io9.

quote:

In the Observer-controlled future, there's a general lack of decency and dignity, most notably when it comes to a group of people referred to as Amber Gypsies. These creepy mercenaries cut out blocks of amber — with human being still encased inside of it — and sell it. And people use the ambered humans as furniture.
That's really creepy.

Scott Bakula posted:

I never really thought about it before watching that trailer but I find it funny that 600 years in the future its easier to time travel back to when the planet doesn't suck instead of there being proper interplanetary travel
I wonder if this is the first time the Observers have done this; they're actually from much farther in the future, but the continually suck the life out of the planet and then jump back a few centuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

quote:

In the Observer-controlled future, there's a general lack of decency and dignity, most notably when it comes to a group of people referred to as Amber Gypsies. These creepy mercenaries cut out blocks of amber — with human being still encased inside of it — and sell it. And people use the ambered humans as furniture.

It won't be long before replicas are available. I wonder how comfortable an amber couch could be?

I am so excited for this season. I can't wait to see Fringe Division actually causing the Fringe events. I really hope we don't just get a bunch of rehashed events that we've seen, but see some newer more creative events that are built off what we've seen.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Been using this. Thanks.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Maybe Olivia is off being a coffee table or something

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtd_jgYmvHk

Preview from tomorrow's episode. So awesome.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Aatrek posted:

Maybe Olivia is off being a coffee table or something

"We have to storm the IKEA! It's the only way to save her!"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Webbeh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtd_jgYmvHk

Preview from tomorrow's episode. So awesome.

Egg sticks... This truly is a world without hope.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Re-watching Letters of Transit, oh man I forgot about the Blade Runner homage :allears:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Aatrek posted:

The Future is NOW TOMORROW!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh I gotta work until 9:30 tomorow, so I hope that Canadian network is still showing it, so I can watch the west coast broadcast.

Also, is this a full season or one of those BS 13 episode seasons that NBC is doing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

Ugh I gotta work until 9:30 tomorow, so I hope that Canadian network is still showing it, so I can watch the west coast broadcast.

Also, is this a full season or one of those BS 13 episode seasons that NBC is doing.

It is the last season of 13 so no MOTW

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Let me get this straight. The current cast of characters is A-Peter(who isn't supposed to exist anymore), C-Olivia with A-Olivia's memories, their daughter, C-Walter with his whole brain, and C-Astrid. In 2036 during an occupation of time-traveling assholes. This show is convoluted as all hell and I love it for it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

A-Walter is gone and that really really really sucks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Echophonic posted:

Let me get this straight. The current cast of characters is A-Peter(who isn't supposed to exist anymore), C-Olivia with A-Olivia's memories, their daughter, C-Walter with his whole brain, and C-Astrid. In 2036 during an occupation of time-traveling assholes. This show is convoluted as all hell and I love it for it.
I believe this is also technically the 2nd version of their kid as well. If you count the A timeline version that was erased. Although the first version was a son.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I believe this is also technically the 2nd version of their kid as well. If you count the A timeline version that was erased. Although the first version was a son.

The son was from Peter and B-Olivia, not A-Olivia.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Echophonic posted:

Let me get this straight. The current cast of characters is A-Peter

He is still B Peter, right? Or not? Hell I don't know who he is.

What I find interesting is that when the show started, Olivia seemed to be the main character but over time it's really become more about Peter.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yes he's still B-Peter. A-Peter, including A(2nd Timeline)-Peter have both been saved from this universe warping nightmare of a plot.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

FrensaGeran posted:

Yes he's still B-Peter. A-Peter, including A(2nd Timeline)-Peter have both been saved from this universe warping nightmare of a plot.
I was being facetious. A1, A2 & B2 Peters all died as children. B1 Peter is the only one who grew to adulthood.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
^^^^^:psyduck:

what's scarier is I can follow all that

NOT LONG NOW

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Aatrek posted:

Oh man, I thought Fringe was another week away :neckbeard:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Tonight tonight tonight tonight

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Yegads I'm excited for this.

Do we know C-Walter has his full brain? He still appeared to be quite quirky and different from B-Walter who had his full facilitates.

Mr. Snazz
Nov 15, 2003

Nina actually looks younger in that photo. And I bet that robotic arm of hers never gets tired. :fap:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Kris xK posted:

Do we know C-Walter has his full brain? He still appeared to be quite quirky and different from B-Walter who had his full facilitates.

Weren't the missing pieces cooked down and injected into him last season? I clearly remember this happening, but couldn't tell you when it did.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kris xK posted:

Yegads I'm excited for this.

Yes it happened in the future. Being frozen in amber made his brain degenerate and they gave him back his brain and made him whole. That is when he left the Observers an anti-matter surprise.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Klungar posted:

Weren't the missing pieces cooked down and injected into him last season? I clearly remember this happening, but couldn't tell you when it did.

It was the episode where they showed the future world controlled by the observers, he seemed to get all his brain functions back

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
He got SOME kind of brain functions back, but the exact nature of the brain damage and the exact function of the cure won't necessarily match any specific version of Walter seen previously.

Regular amber leaves you conscious the whole time right? I seem to remember that from the guy rescuing his brother and they're twins and bank robbers or whatever. I'm guessing 3rd generation amber is full on suspended animation

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I think we're to assume that Walter is now back to his original, pre-brain-removal state. FULL WALTER.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Klungar posted:

You're right, I forgot about that. Future Walter certainly is a badass.

Looking st the preview for tonight I guess he's still a little off, but far more in control than before.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aatrek posted:

I think we're to assume that Walter is now back to his original, pre-brain-removal state. FULL WALTER.

Yes but also no. This Walter is going to be one that maybe heartless but he has also been influenced by his relationship with his family and Astrid. I do not think that he would test on people for fun, but if you threaten Peter, Olivia, Etta, or Astrid may god have mercy on your soul.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Aatrek posted:

Are you saying this because of his behavior in the episode last season/previews or did I miss something in the s4 finale?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Siroc posted:

Are you saying this because of his behavior in the episode last season/previews or did I miss something in the s4 finale?

I think he's saying this based off of what we saw of Walter during the Letters in Transit episode. Walter (once he get the brain medicine) was far more decisive and in control than we've seen him in the past.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Kris xK posted:

I think he's saying this based off of what we saw of Walter during the Letters in Transit episode. Walter (once he get the brain medicine) was far more decisive and in control than we've seen him in the past.

Ah, ok. I remember that now that you mention it. I'll need to go back and watch that episode.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Siroc posted:

Ah, ok. I remember that now that you mention it. I'll need to go back and watch that episode.

Everyone should watch that tonight at 8 PM Eastern before it returns.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Siroc posted:

Don't feel bad, I had to be reminded too.

I wonder how long it will be until they find Olivia. If it'll be just a one episode scramble or they drag it out. Based on Letters in Transit, she must be pretty locked up because Walter had to hack off Bells hand, I'm assuming to get Olivia

On that note, I do wonder if well see more Bell. I know Nimroy has retired, but he came back for the season finale and his storyline wasn't completely finished.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Wartime Walter is terrifying. The Observers Invaders are so hosed :mil101:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I happened to click on a TVIV thread and saw that Fringe starts tonight. Thank you for the reminder, and the great thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pthU2RLmxqE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Everyone should watch that tonight at 8 PM Eastern before it returns.

I have Amazon Prime and follow the Prime Twitter account. They just tweeted this:

quote:

@FringeonFox fans - Fringe Season 4 just added to Prime Instant Video!

:dance:

• Locked thread