Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

In what ep of Gelmania did "I'm not doing well!" first show up on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

I think I've listened to the most recent Improv4Humans 3-4 times now, it just slays me. It's a bit faux-pas (I guess?) to break character and laugh, but they do it so much in the background and it absolutely kills me because the scenarios change so often everyone sounds confused.

"Spoons...with holes in them?!"
- "Pleeease let me stay, let me stay plueaasheee let me stay"

That last part of the last sketch (no spoilers) was hilarious. One of my favorite I4H moments.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I hope Shortwave can get St. Vincent since she was on CBB. I didn't really like the acoustic versions she played but I'd still like to hear her interviewed in depth.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Shortwave is one of those things where I'm not probably going to ever listen to it unless I already like the guest. And so far I haven't liked who they've had.

Yeah, same. I can't imagine them ever having on artists that I like, either (except for maybe St. Vincent).

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

It might just be because of the first two guests, but that Har Mar Superstar show stinks.

What? Ellen Page is awesome.

I didn't listen to the first ep but the Ellen Page one is good, entirely because of Ellen Page - Har Mar is meh as a host.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Lord Wexia posted:

Can you go into more detail about this? My girlfriend just finished grad school and is sick of all of the unpaid internship crap she's seeing around.

This is what I found about it: http://moneyland.time.com/2012/05/02/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-unpaid-internship-as-we-know-it/

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I imagine it'd be funny if you were into that sort of thing, but I am not. I think a UK chat show is right up their alley.

The one of them getting furious at PFT over every little thing was funny though.

e: oh for some reason I thought we were talking about Ronna & Beverly. The Apple Sisters seemed too focused on playing up their own individual characters for laughs rather than producing a good, cohesive show.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 7, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Holy crap, Matt Walsh, Seth Morris and Brian Huskey on this week's I4H. This is gonna be great.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I listened to the last Yo, Is This Racist? and thought it was pretty funny. It could've just been PFT though.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Riptor posted:

Never stopped howard kremer

Neither has not being funny.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh huh, I didn't know Grant-Lee Phillips was the town troubador on Gilmore Girls. I knew Dave "Gruber" Allen was the rival troubador in that one episode, and he had a produce stall that made Taylor mad in another. I guess I should listen to his show. Mostly because there's an ep with PFT guest hosting though, not the Gilmore Girls thing.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Lemmi Caution posted:

His meltdown over Tim Tebow joining the New York Jets is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Classic sports+atheism rant.

What episode was that?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It was funny that the one they all jumped on for being wrong about the fried egg thing was the only one who was right.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

What are they waiting for with Nerd Poker??

Probably until they have enough episodes saved up so they can release them regularly, possibly weekly, at least for a while. D&D games take a long fuckin time man.

e: I really hope there's like "seasons" of episodes of the same comedians playing the same continuous game with the same characters. If it's different comedians playing for an hour or w/e every episode it won't be as good.

e2:

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh boy, Twilight: Breaking Dawn:; Part 2, here we go!

The best part is knowing ahead of time from DLM that Doug kinda liked the movie. :allears:

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 28, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I dunno who any of those other people are though except Blaine Capatch.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

So I have an honest question for whoever wants to chime in...I signed up for an account because there seem to be passionate Earwolf listeners here and I thought I could contribute. But...I don't really understand the culture and don't want to be where I don't belong. I also don't want to show up and take over the whole thing. But I don't want to ignore questions I could answer. So, the question is, am I useful to this thread or should I go away and stick to our own forums and leave this for you guys? Thanks for the help.

indigi thinks you're literally the devil come from the fiery pits of hell to enslave poor comedians (and non-comedians now I guess) and force them to work in the level of hell dedicated to podcastery (which for some reason was left out of The Divine Comedy), but other than that and what the other guys said I think you're fine.

There were a lot more people who were perhaps unfairly critical of the show early on in the CBB thread's lifespan but I think most of those people figured out the show wasn't for them or don't feel like posting in the thread anymore. Now it's pretty positive of the show. Not that there isn't criticism or the occasional episode we dislike it's just mostly - I think anyway - fair criticism. What I'm saying is will Scott sign my manboobs.

ADTRW under Zorak's iron fist is a pretty nice place free of those people. He's done a really good job. If you don't like anime it's moot, but still.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 29, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't know anyone who plays D&D, don't want to answer some craigslist post for D&D games, and am scared of Trad Games, so Nerd Poker is the closest I can get to actually playing. Plus it's being played by funny people, and normally tabletop players are among the most humorless (quoting Monty Python doesn't count as humor, sorry guys) people in the world. So that's good.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Having played a few times I can say that character creation is the most tiresome and needlessly long part, so with that done it'll probably pick up in later episodes.

Character creation is my favorite part of D&D/tabletop games :ohdear:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Yannick_B posted:

Its not ad-lib poo poo, those are the real problems facing Jason Woliner: http://jeshirt.tumblr.com/

Jésus that site cracks me up. It had me going for a bit until I saw the Leonard Pilk memorial shirt.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The only time Howard Kremer is funny is when he's unintentionally funny eg saying something ridiculously stupid. He does that really well. Anytime he actually tries to be funny it's usually so stupid that it falls into unintentionally funny.

I realized recently that Jen Kirkman is Kremer if he was also intentionally funny. If you've ever heard her on Pod F. Tompkast you know she can be really weird and say dumb stuff and it ends up being hilarious. Even when she's trying to be sincere it ends up funny. But she can also actually try to be funny and still be hilarious.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

rapeface posted:

I also love Matt Besser. He's just so hateful.

If it were anybody else, I would think they were joking, but I have no trouble believing that Matt Besser was being completely serious.

Also someone tell him to stop getting perms.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think Scott said on KPCS that he'd know this month.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

At this point I just want them to drop the Phish thing and just work on getting Scott hosed up on drugs. They need to both eat some beans and listen to Zomby's Where Were U in '92 album.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

you're really annoying, you know that right.

It's funny how quiet he's gotten now that Ullrich started posting here. You would think it'd be his time to shine!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I really hope AP ends with Scott convincing Harris that Phish sucks.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

So when is the first CBB on this VPN thing? I too am afraid of accidentally watching an Adam Carolla podcast.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I saw someone today Bing Google. It was amazing.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The hosts' dynamic on Reality Show Show reminds me of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. Except MATES beats their jokes into the ground (in a funny way). Also, because I have no idea what they're talking about on RSS, I find it hard to tell sometimes if they're being sarcastic or not.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

SMP posted:

VPN has scheduled Improv4Humans live this Thursday :woop:. Scott also teased guests for a new CBB tomorrow.

He looks too tall to be PFT. Jacobs was my first guess as well though.

the suit doesn't really look like PFT's style either.

Watch me be completely wrong.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 7, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

You've been wrong for a while, it went up last night and it's PFT and Gillian. He looks tall because Scott is squatting to make him look tall.

Haha, well gently caress me.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

No LL. :(

Evil Agita posted:

I thought it was John Hamm in that picture. I didn't realize PFT slimmed down so much.

Yeah he's looking fuckin GOOD now.

Speaking of, does anybody else think current PFT looks a lot like young Albert Einstein?

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 8, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Popelmon posted:

Oh god I want Tina Fey as Liz Lemon on the show RIGHT NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN HOT SAUCERMAN!

I meant Lauren Lapkus (cuz we were doing initials of I4H guests) but Tina Fey on CBB would be pretty cool.

I think she's making her new show in LA, so maybe when she has some downtime? Tina Fey and Amy Poehler would be a great episode.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Is the I4H ep going to be archived on VPN? I forgot to watch it yesterday.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I'm listening to the SF Sketchfest Professor Blastoff, and I gotta say I love the show when they have no topic and just bullshit.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Holy poo poo the standup at the end of the SF Sketchfest ep of Professor Blastoff. Are these their normal routines or are they just loving around? This is exactly what I want standup to be.

I've never really listened to the podcast but I love this ep, should I check out others? I've always been turned off by their focus on themes that usually aren't interesting. Also I think they're funnier in front of an audience.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I didn't even realize the I4H full episode was on Youtube. I only knew about it because of a link at the end of the clip on Earwolf's channel. It's posted by VPN but not listed under their uploaded videos. The episode isn't even listed on Earwolf.com.

I don't know what the hell is going on with this poo poo but I hope they get it sorted out.

e: oh, it's unlisted. Why is it unlisted? wtf

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Yeah except drone operators get ptsd as gently caress from killing massive amounts of people with just a push of a button.

Rest of the ep was great.

e: also it takes a lot of training. The human eye/brain is still much, much better than computers at spotting potential threats and differentiating them from, say, schoolbuses full of orphans, but doing so is difficult because the resolution on the images is not anywhere close to ideal, and they have to make split second decisions based on those low res images.

But, you know, donuts.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 15, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Live Who Charted in ~15

I have the weirdest boner.

(it's from talking about drone operators)

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Bleh, no guest. No thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Howard answered two of my questions who wants to touch me

I have two questions of my own:

1. Where?
2. When?