Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
So, I've listened to a couple Fogelnest Files episodes now and I don't think I like it. It's a good idea, and would be really fun live, but it doesn't work as a podcast unless it's more a multimedia piece--watching the videos at your computer while listening--but it's hit and miss when you have it on your iPod. Also, Jake Fogelnest is hella-annoying.

That being said, with this latest episode I want to take back any negative things I may have said about Horatio Sanz when he was on SNL. He's a really funny dude and between this and his Improv4Humans episodes I want to see him in Earwolf podcasts regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

FitFortDanga posted:

I like it, but I'm usually familiar with most of the clips he plays. Also I don't find Fogelnest that annoying, but I don't think he's an amazing host or anything.

He irked me a lot in the latest one, I thought he was just-okay in the other ones.

Familiarity with the clips definitely help. Like the "A Tooty Ta" video? Works so much better once you actually see the video. The podcast definitely isn't going to be a "must-listen" for me anymore but if I have time to kill in front of a computer I'll probably end up catching up on them while watching the videos.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Even though I watch like zero percent of the shows they talk about I really, really like The Reality Show Show.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Zsinjeh posted:

Looks like I'm the minority, but I love Eric the Intern. He's so loving terrible it's hilarious, and makes for some great improv.
Anyway, gay marriage why or why not?

Okey dokey.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh boy, Twilight: Breaking Dawn:; Part 2, here we go!

So geared up for this. Also excited the new Reality Show Show dropped, it's a really chill listen.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Really liked the CBB Nativity Special. I like Scott and Kulap's energy together(no freakin' duh) and they're right that it's kind of a cool look at the energy at the backstage shows. Also makes me wish it wasn't over so I could've gone to one of those all-nighter shows.

Someone mentioned it in the Comedy Bang Bang thread, but I'd kill to see Scott all embarrassed while listening to the sincere clips.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

IMHO, Shark Tank is the best non-scripted show on TV for like 3 years in a row. It's a legitimately good show.

Yeah. I'm Canadian, so I've been watching Kevin and Robert on the Canadian version, Dragon's Den, for years. Shark Tank's the only show they talk about that I actually watch and I still loving love Reality Show Show. Hayes and Sean have a great rapport and the last segment of the latest episode is a great example of them being funny and off-the-cuff. That ODB impression alone is worth listening to it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

barkingclam posted:

Is there a good place to start with Improv 4 Humans? I've been meaning to give that a shot, since a bunch of people I like on Comedy Bang Bang are on it, but with so many past episodes it's a bit daunting.

Either from the start or, because it's an improv show and the quality varies depending on the guests, just cherry-pick with your favourite guests.

That being said, the Lennon Parham, Jessica St Clair and Jason Mantzoukas episode is tops. So is any one with Paul Rust or Adam Pally or Ben Schwartz.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Anyone still not listening to Reality Show Show is a drat fool.

Their latest episode is hilarious. It has the easy playful camaraderie between the hosts that the show seems to excel at--it's got like a goofier, nerdier Uhh Yeah Dude vibe--and their riff on The Bachelor contestants is hilarious.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

tnimark posted:

Edit: Should I just start at the beginning or cherry pick some episodes?

You can jump around if you want but it's been pretty consistent. I think Sean and Hayes have gotten more relaxed over time but it's such an easy chemistry to start with.

And don't worry, I've watched none of the reality shows they've talked about so far--except for Shark Tank--and I still love it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Fezz posted:

The Reality Show Show boys' glee as they discussed how terrible the Taste is was hilarious. I also enjoyed their takedown of the Bachelor last week. Great episode!

Yeah, I'm gonna do my weekly pimping of Reality Show Show again. It was fantastic this week and I loved their excitement when they actually got to interview Frank.

And them cutting of the last "Show" in the Reality Show Show because they didn't have time for it was classic.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Sneeing Emu posted:

In other news, J Mantz was fuckin' ON in the newest How Did This Get Made. I love the live episodes.

I also thought the Devil's Advocate was the coolest movie ever when I was a teenager.

The live ones are easily the best and it helps that The Devil's Advocate is bonkers in the best way. Also that audience who won the drink ticket blew my mind too.

They also need to always do Pacino movies because The Zooks has a good Pacino impression and Scheer's is coming along nicely. Get Pete Holmes back in there for them too.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

SMP posted:

Lennon Parham, John Gabrus?

JW could be Joe Wengert, and Gabrus could be Gemberling instead.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Beeez posted:

Yeah, I definitely enjoy Harris' appearances on CBB so I'll probably check it out.

Yeah, I know, but I figured I might as well ask about the series as a whole.

It's definitely worth listening because the fourth episode is amazing and worth the journey for one moment alone.

Harris making a joke seconds before the drunk, high, recorded him made the same joke.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I could listen to them talk poo poo about Ready For Love forever.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Conduit for Sale! posted:

e: I've never watched Fogelnest Files, is it basically just about showing weird Youtube videos and talking about them? I kinda like Fogelnest and would listen to more of it, but I don't really have any interest in watching/listening to people making fools of themselves. Apparently I'm the only one. I like it when I4H does it but that's only because they're usually a good jumping off point for them.

There's a lot of defense of the people in the videos, surprisingly. Fogelnest himself usually stands up for the passion of whatever weird people they're watching, although he does kowtow to the guests a lot. Listen to a couple of episodes, they're not really that long. I'm a fan of the in-studio ones. The Sklar Brothers episode is one of my favourites.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Just pronouncing the bolded part--Horatio--differently.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

"M Day Shyamalan"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Yeah, sorry, PFT and Fero work amazingly well together and Kremer's always good when he's offering up dumb remarks.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Terry Glenn posted:

I'm only about ten minutes into the HDTGM on Over the Top and it's already everything I imagined it could be.

It's fantastic. I love all of the live shows, it just adds to the energy so much. And the audience questions are easily my favourite part of HDTGM. The first guy on the mic should be a regular part of the show.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

GraPar posted:

The woman today who pointed out the name of the boy in Over The Top deserves a goddamn medal.

Jesus, moments like that are the reason I'll defend HDTGM to the end of the earth. I'm pretty sure most live episodes have an audience question like that, or at least a moment like that. The audience rumbling in anticipation of June bringing up the possible incest in Demolition Man. The audience member pointing out the cyclical ending of Devil's Advocate. The same thing happened in-studio with the Zooks realizing the importance of the character names in Reindeer Games.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It was one of the funniest episodes and putting Paul Rust, Lauren Lapkus and Brandon Johnson on the episode with Gemberling was a great idea. They were perfect.

I also really liked the previous episode, the UCB workshop one. It was a really cool behind-the-scenes kind of thing and Besser's an improv savant.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

That episode is making me seek out that documentary, so that's a plus.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The Berzerker posted:

I started listening to How Did This Get Made? last week and I have been binging to the point where I am neglecting other podcasts. So great.

Ugh, I wish I could listen to all of the live episodes fresh again. Say what you will about HDTGM, but they have the best audience questions/comments during live shows.

I also loving adore the moment during the Reindeer Games episode when Zooks realizes the meaning of the names 'Rudy' and 'Nick'

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I don't know why, but Rupert Grint's name in the theme song cracks me up every single time.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I4H supremacy. That episode was amazing throughout, which isn't a surprise with a powerhouse lineup like Meadows, Sanz and Huskey.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Zsinjeh posted:

Re-watching the Huebel, Pally & Gabrus episode since we posted and I forgot all about that caller who spoke/yelled in the slowest 4-word sputter.

I WAS DJING AT...
Go on
A GAY PRIDE PARADE AND...
Yeah?
THERE WAS A LADY..
Keep going
A LADY THERE SELLING..
SELLING COFFINS AT THE...
THE GAY PRIDE PARADE...

That's one small step...for man....one giant leap...for mankind - Huebel

Adam Pally saying he sounded like Christopher Reeve talking was spot-on and killed me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Me in Reverse posted:

$50 t-shirt?

That's just some ignorant bitch poo poo

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Eric the Unpaid Intern is a podcasting treasure.

"My stomach cells are replacing the cells in my throat."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Most of the best parts have been talked about, but "Who's Been Closest to Skokie?" was hilarious.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Anyone who is a fan of Andy Daly needs to watch his Comedy Central show Review. The third episode is amazing and one of the funniest thing's I've seen in years.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

scary ghost dog posted:

IMO it's the best episode yet.

"We are in Atlantis, that's correct?"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Politicalrancor posted:

And Adam Pally

And Brian Huskey.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The description on RSS of Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian's relationship is so on-point and funny.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Reasons why Hollywood Handbook is great:

1. It's about Hollywood
2. It's basically like a handbook

Reasons why The Fogelnest Files sucks:

1. Jazz musician Dan Fogel is rarely mentioned
2. No nests.

There are things called "integrity" and "truth in advertising". Look it up.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Poopy Palpy posted:

Explaining to Todd that he's the titular Glass at minute 124 of 133 is the cherry on top of a perfect sundae.

Oh my god. I can't listen to this until later and it's like waiting for Christmas.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I'm so used to hearing about Todd's parties from his own podcast that Adam Scott's reaction was even funnier to me.

That reverb thing is insane though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I still pop that ASSSSCAT special up on YouTube every once in a while and it always kills me how funny it is.

This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HTxmqNTCY

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Just caught up on I4H.

You guys weren't lying about Besser pretty much getting spanked during that Case Closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Was that the sushi one? It led to possibly one of the best scenes I4H has ever done.

No, not porta-potty sushi(you're right about that one). It was about Mississippi not being the worst state... It was definitely edited and really fizzled out, so it made the end of the episode kinda limp.