Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Riptor posted:

andy daly is so loving funny

The first season of the Podcast Pilot Project has at least two all-time funniest podcast episodes ever. He's my favourite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

"I've been to... Skokie."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hell yes

https://twitter.com/BigGrandeTweets/status/1247339898945720321?s=19

RestingB1tchFace posted:

The Travel Bug with August Lindt was my favourite from season one. But my overall favourite came from season two. Ship to Shore with L. Ron Hubbard.

The Wit and Wisdom of the West, The Travel Bug and Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon are the greatest. I haven't relistened to season 2 as much, but Bananas for Bonanza and Ship to Shore were definitely the standouts to me.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 7, 2020

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

JethroMcB posted:

Teacher's Lounge Cancun has been a very funny pivot for the show recording remotely. I think what I love most of all is that they've all agreed that this is being recorded in the early 2000's and MTV's Spring Break is filming nearby - thus leading to everybody trying to remember what, exactly, was on MTV 20 years ago, and gleefully leaping on somebody when they're a a few years off/forget that this is not contemporary.

"I do have a couple other leads, with...ummmmm....

...Samantha Mumba?

D'you remember her?"
"Remember her? She's famous, right now."
"...oh, she is? Ohhhh, yeah. Yeah! That's what I mean."

It's amazing in the first Cancun episode when they specifically say that eating people won't become a thing and then proceed to bring it up at least two more times.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I want a Teachers Lounge cartoon on Adult Swim or something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I used to listen to Todd's podcast regularly and I got so used to his weird quirks. When he did Staind Glass and Adam Scott was so blown away by them it hit even harder. Amazing episode.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Speaking of, I just started listening to In Voorhees We Trust and it rules. Luckily I've seen those movies enough times that I don't need to watch them to follow along (it's kinda making me antsy to rewatch them though) but it's been nice having a 2+ hour podcast that doesn't feel exhausting.

Gourley as Jason's lawyer character cracks me up every time.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

This is way back, but I'm so happy I've got a grip of Big Grande content. Nothing's made me more happy recently than:

"Do you want leaded or unleaded?"

"...I want lettuce!"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The video for Exit 42 Episode 3 killed me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Sinteres posted:

$10 for four episodes is kind of insane, but I can't say I'm not intrigued.

Yeah, I get that but I was pleasantly surprised by Exit 42 continuing, so I didn't mind buying it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Seaniqua posted:

I'm about a month into listening to Teachers Lounge for the first time and I can't believe I waited so long. It is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

That's right.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The boys are back in town

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

"Do you want leaded or unleaded?"
"...i want lettuce!"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I can't remember the exact setup, but the one with the tow truck driver snippets where one of them sets up a situation and then Drew Tarver is just like "look.... Have you been sleeping with my wife?" always gets me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Snooze Cruise posted:

still doing my lounge relisten and the real person interviews is def momentum slowing once you get to those episodes but fake first, fake last, is still really funny

Yeah, you can tell why that dropped that pretty article quickly. Although, D'Arcy Carden's was pretty good because of Todd Padre's jealousy. Also I think they read his script in that one, which is hilarious.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Yeah, he was Matt Besser but also he had been a student that they narced on for selling weed? I think.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Action Boyz is a good one for me to just drop some money on a few times a year because the episodes are long so it gives me a decent backlog.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Man, I was relistening to The Teachers' Lounge and Jamie Denbo in S9E16 might be the funniest podcast appearance I've ever heard.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It's amazing how long she sustains that energy for and how coherent all of the details are. Just incredible stuff.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Just do what I'm doing and split with a friend. We went in on a year together and just share the links. Easy peasy.

35 bucks is a steal for CBB World.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

That's what I do with Action Boyz, subscribe a couple times a year and listen to the backlog.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I'm surprised there hasn't been another "regular" announced besides just Scott and PFT. Didn't the last few tours have them plus Lauren, and then Neil Campbell or Gabrus or Mike Hanford on top of it?

Slightly unrelated, I really love that CBB Presents let's guests like Lilly Sullivan, Tim Baltz, Will Hines ans Dan Lippert really gently caress around outside of the CBB structure with the same kinda sensibility. A lot of those episodes have been very relistenable.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

God, everyone's firing on all cylinders in the new Hey Randy

"Can't believe I just busted to this Jay Leno looking mf"

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 13, 2022

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Big Grande just started a new Teachers Lounge season on their website!

https://twitter.com/BigGrandeTweets/status/1555186138968494080?t=y8-9_SkcSIrj7BCmhB3GzQ&s=19

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

More CBB regulars need to be as psychotic as Gil Ozeri and just send Scott a fully produced episode.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I never get tired of Brett as stupid, Libertarian, Mark Padovano. I like how much Lilly Sullivan seems to enjoy him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Big Grande has a live Teacher's Lounge for sale on their site. I'm only halfway through it and Bill Cravy's bit is making me cry laughing, so I think it's worth it.