Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Best Improv4Humans episode is the one with Adam McKay and Chris Gethard. That episode is just three dudes who are on loving point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Doesn't the intern/personal assistant job being advertised at the head of the latest Prof Blastoff sound like a ridiculous load of work to be asked to do for free?

I dunno. I don't think we have much of an unpayed intern culture here in NZ.

Hollywood and any industry (podcast) remotely connected to the entertainment industry runs on unpaid interns. It's illegal under USA labor laws, but it's unenforced and it's been that way for decades.

It's putting in your dues and hoping you meet the right people, get noticed, show you have some worth.

(oh and shhhhhh they're unpaid so they can keep people of unwanted classes out of the industry and keep it incestual shhhh don't tell nobody)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Don't be so certain that unpaid internships will end. This will shock no one, but movie studios have very, very, very good lawyers. I'm currently one of those unpaid interns so I hope the Black Swan interns win, but I'm not holding my breath.

And unfortunately even if they win, like Curt Flood (MLB player who sued to become a free agent) they will be blackballed and never work in this town again.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

How is Yo Is This Racist? so bad? It's the easiest podcast concept in the world, if we're judging it on how effortless comedy should come from it. But the host put as much effort into as I do deciding what shoes I should wear.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Eric the Unpaid Intern is the best part of Improv4Humans.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hey Jeff! Love, Dad is one of my favorite new podcasts despite me not being a dad or anywhere close to one (though I think that's part of why you guys made the show). Are you allowed to say what Koechner is filming that's keeping him away from the podcast?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Greggy posted:

Man, Reality Show Show is so good I feel like actually watching the shows would take away some of the magic. Shark Tank is the only one that is kind of tempting me, but I think if I tried watching a whole show instead of listening to 3 minutes of it I'd get bored quick. All the bits were great, their guest was a teenage twitter star yet somehow that wasn't terrible, and Sean did a surprisingly decent Old Dirty Bastard impression, so all in all an amazing episode.

This is the first podcast there's no possible way I would have found on my own that I started listening to based only on the "podcast network" it was part of. Great job Earwolf!

IMHO, Shark Tank is the best non-scripted show on TV for like 3 years in a row. It's a legitimately good show.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you were a fan of Love, Dad (R.I.P.) check out Dave Koechner's episode of Mohr Sports. Very dad/family-centric and very funny as well.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I wish TRSS would have a second episode each week solely devoted to Shark Tank.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.earwolf.com/radio

Is this relatively new? Sklars just tweeted the link.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Scoobi posted:

All the building the tracks are great.

Love Rafflecast. The non Building A Track episodes are hit or miss, but I love the specificity of the ones making fun of that documentary where Jack White, Jimmy Page, and The Edge noodle around and talk guitars.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Are you guys talking about the video podcast network episode? I think they released it and took it back... I noticed it downloading (or trying to, lovely Apple podcast app) last night before I went to bed and this morning it was gone.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

tnimark posted:

So according to the thing that just came up on the Earwolf Presents podcast feed, the Kevin Pollak Chat Show is joining Earwolf.

Good for them. I check in on that show when they have a guest I'm interested in and I really enjoy it. I felt kinda bad for them when their attempt at shifting to a subscriber system tanked.

I just watched the first 20 minutes of the Scott Aukerman episode last week on YouTube. Good interview if you ever want to hear Hot Dog not doing his shtick.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

barkingclam posted:

Anyone watch the live episode of Sklarbro Country last night? I missed it, is it worth checking out?

It's got another appearance by Dennis Rodman so hell yeah.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Crankit posted:

Does anyone know if there's more Gelmania coming? I need something to completely and utterly blow my mind.

If you live in LA, he's doing a live one at the Largo soon.

Anyone else a citizen of Sklarbro Country/County but can't stand Dan Van Kirk? He seems like a nice guy, but I feel he overtakes County each week. Instead of just reading the stories and letting the Sklars and guest do the joking around, he spends most of the hour making audition tapes for an AM dial sports talk show.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Anybody have links to the YouTube videos on this weeks I4H? Specifically, the hentai fan and the black guy who got offended over the term "black hole"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

William Fichtner dangling his Lambo keys.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mozi posted:

New I4H up! Merritt, Sodaro and Secunda.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why are there awful filters on all the Earwolf photos? If I had to guess it's because the guests were uncomfortable being photographed in extremely casual dress and needed that layer of vaseline to obscure themselves, but if I want to see improv comedians covered in vaseline I have an entire hard drive for that.

Because their intern is a goofy rear end 15 year old girl from Marina Del Ray.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Inside the Johnny Bananas Writers Room is the perfect entry into Jon Daly's Rafflecast. It also has a roundtable My Wife for the ages. Your move, CBB.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Speaking of, what was the live show last night?

Sklarbro Country. Racist Vin Scully called in to give his thoughts on 42.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Paul Scheer mentioned something about The Arsenio Paul Show on the recent minisode of HDTGM. But I can't find anything about it online. Is it a yet-to-premier web series or am I a dumb dumb who was not paying close enough attention to a joke? Because Will Arnett playing Bill Clinton and Scheer as Arsenio sounds fun.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

He mentioned how Bill Clinton played saxaphone on the Arsenio Hall show, you just misheard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTkUeb6zQFA

Edit: Or something? I don't listen to the minisodes but I remember him bringing this up somewhere else and I guess I conflated it with your confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A9r1LI3WFw

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Given the amount of complaints, can I ask what's the appeal of video podcasts? Podcasts are the bee's knees because they make driving, working, exercising, doing the dishes, etc less boring. Why watch something that's an auditory medium?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

I'm one of the few who like Garlin's podcast, but I don't know if I'm willing to sit through anything involving Michael Moore. Has anyone taken the leap? Is it a good episode?

It's pretty entertaining, regardless of your opinion of Moore or your personal politics. But then 70 mins in, Jeff lets Moore speak uninterrupted for what feels like 3 hours about OJ Simpson not being the killer of Nicole and Ron and it gets reaaaaaally awkward.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I wish he'd do an episode with all three members of Convoy.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Nah dude it sucks don't listen to it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

It's not dead!

I'm sure they're just busy on their respective shows. Sean co-write like half of last season's episodes of Workaholics so he probably got bumped up to co-producer or something now. Especially with the show being renewed for two seasons and the four leads being super busy, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the #2 guy in the writer's room now. And Hayes is writing on the last season of Eastbound and Down.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The new Analyze Phish is up, Analyze Phishheads.

edit: ^^ beat me to it! I just wish it would hurry up and appear on my iPhone downloads.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I liked the call-in portion since they were all stoned losers (and totally nice people) who were basically Harris in an alternate universe where he's not a highly successful young writer.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Behold! A Elk! posted:

I actually love Ronna & Beverly because half of my family are all Jewish and live in NY/Jersey. Its like hearing my grandma and my aunt have a conversation. It's so precise that it's spooky.

I'm a Jew on the opposite side of the spectrum. I had to turn off their episode of Sklarbro Country 30 minutes. If given the choice of never having to hear a grating NY Jewish accent again, it's a very easy decision for me.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Fezz posted:

The Kulap-less episode of Two Charted is a crazy mess and it's great. Maybe a little long for a Two Charted, but still great.

Though Howard is such a space case he forgot that Kulap announced what her movie is about on the show and kept trying to be coy. Some great malaprops from him too. Can't wait to hear "One Piethe Suit".

I heard there was a special guest, who was it? As much as I like Howard, two hours of him solo seemed not that enjoyable.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Earwolf's partnership with Funny or Die ended today. But Earwolf's partnership with Cracked.com began today with a new podcast.

Anybody going to bite the bullet and see if it's any good?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I could see RSS getting cancelled. There hasn't been any ads on it lately except for CBB live tour promotions. It definitely doesn't help that RSS doesn't have a big enough fan base for Sean and Hayes to be goofing off while reading their ad copy. You can't just piss away a business' money like that.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The concept of a podcast being cancelled is the dumbest loving thing.

Then you live in a world where renting out studio space is free and audio engineers work out of the goodness of their heart.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Actually it's a world where anyone can make a podcast and trying to build a corporation around it is like trying to absorb the worst aspects of tv, movies, etc. for some reason.

It's a small business. It's not a corporation and it's not some hippie collective. Grown ups have to make money to pay bills. Nobody is getting rich off Earwolf, let alone making a profit.

If you want your podcasts sound quality to sound like absolute poo poo, you can record it at home like Julie Klausner or Neal Brennan or Todd Barry. If you want your podcast to sound good, then you have to rent studio space with professional recording equipment and trained engineers who can edit the sound.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Rafflecast rocks. Too bad it hasn't been updated in a while. Hopefully it's just a Kroll Show-related delay.

What is up with that Laffster live-show chat the Sklars have been promoting? I just checked it out and the top "tippers" get prizes. And you need to buy tokens with real money to tip the Sklars. So it's basically a cam show with two middle-aged Jewish men instead of a 19 year old girl with daddy issues and an inability to pay the rent?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I like Jon Daly in everything else but I've just never been able to get into the Rafflecast. I only listened to the first couple episodes though. I'll have to check out the Entourage writers' room ep.

It's very hit or miss since each episode is a totally new thing or sequel to a previous ep. There's no structure that even a weird show like Gelmania has. Besides entourage and It Will Get Loud, I'd recommend the early Building the Track episodes.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Can someone kindly explain this to me?

I think it's just a nod to TRSS having a similar name to Aqua Teen Hunger Force's latest title. I don't have cable so keep us posted if it's real. There's nothing on IMDB Pro though...

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

davidHalestorm posted:

You guys listened to the latest Ask the UCB from Besser yet? I wonder which podcast he was referring to, the Earwolf forum speculated that it was the CBB's episode with Jay Mohr.

That's a good guess but I thought Jay was strangely subdued for that episode. At least for Jay Mohr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Even though Sean and Hayes have managed to take a bit about being Hollywood players from a running joke to a podcast, it's not all jokes. Just read on Deadline that Sean and Dominic Dierkes starred in an independent pilot written by one of their Workaholic bosses and that Comedy Central is now paying for them to make a professional pilot.