Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I think our own DocEvil is on The Fogelnest Files files today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

How is Yo Is This Racist? so bad? It's the easiest podcast concept in the world, if we're judging it on how effortless comedy should come from it. But the host put as much effort into as I do deciding what shoes I should wear.

Another really bad ep today. To be honest both the host and Howard don't seem to be the biggest brainboxes.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

SKULE123 posted:

Is "Yo, Is This Racist" not refreshing for anyone else, either through RSS or the Earwolf iPhone app? Twitter claims PFT is on this week which I want to give a listen, but I can't find any evidence of new episodes.

It was changed to 1 episode a week, which will be out on Thursday.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Exactly. This is a safe space.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

All I know about ads is that a lot of comedians really hate the post office.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah I enjoyed it too.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Hey, Jeff? Thank YOU for the hundreds of hours of quality and free entertainment!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

He is never going to like Phish.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Besser talking about politics is the loving worst. Tim Tebow is considered politics in American, right?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I bet it's going to look like a bunch of people sitting in a room talking.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

KimT posted:

Has this always been on the site or was I just missing it?

http://www.earwolf.com/radio/

It's been there for like 3 days.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

"I heard your religion is weird nonsense. Does that ring a bell?" - Chelsea Peretti to mormons.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Yo Jeff, Steve-O needs a podcast. Just one by himself. Emptying his mind.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah to be fair it looks like a suit a handsome man would wear rather than a clowny PFT suit.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

To all the King of the Nerds fans: Genevieve and Virgil are going to be on the next Reality Show Show!!!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Paul Scheer mentioned something about The Arsenio Paul Show on the recent minisode of HDTGM. But I can't find anything about it online. Is it a yet-to-premier web series or am I a dumb dumb who was not paying close enough attention to a joke? Because Will Arnett playing Bill Clinton and Scheer as Arsenio sounds fun.

He said it's going to be on jash.com.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

To me Nerd Poker is just like real poker - unbelievably boring unless you're playing.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

More of a technical question, but can you pull down Earwolf content as a streaming source? I'm playing Euro Truck Simulator 2, which lets you play streaming stuff directly in-game, and I'd really like to be able to have it be an in-game option for when other streams I'm listening to aren't appealing to me.

http://www.earwolf.com/radio/ maybe?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Genuinely can't remember if I hate The Fogelnest Files or merely am lukewarm about it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

cams posted:

U Talkin U2 To Me is what I imagine Analyze Phish would be if it was just Harris talkin to other Phish fans about Phish. As someone who doesn't know a single loving thing about U2 or their music, I did find myself laughing at the sincere love and discussion for this band from two guys who I respect. They at least seem to be aware of how dumb this is.

Scott tweeted that Harris is going to be on one of the next episodes. He probably thinks U2 is a boring old people band like most people do so that might make it funnier.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

That was a great ep. Saracen rules.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

whenever Jake shows up everybody's super rude to him and I don't get it. I feel like I missed something. Someone help me out here.

For whatever reason he's become the whipping boy of weird twitter. I guess people like to join in. My guess would be it's because of his intelligence, personality and appearance.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I loving love random s*it so Cards Against Humanity is perfect for me. Thanks, Hollywood Handbook!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Finally got around to listening to the Sinbad ep. Holy poo poo.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Maybe it's just me but for me.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Kulap: My Story or whatever it's called sounds like a horrible idea for a documentary.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Zsinjeh posted:

I gave Hollywood Handbook 42.0$ dollars so I could make a weed reference.

42.0$ makes no sense. I think you may have made a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference by mistake.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Can't understand why no one listens to Hollywood Handbook. It is the best show! Is everyone doing a bit by not listening? I don't get it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

HH is the best podcast. I love nerdy comedy!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Is thinking that Yo Is This Racist? is poo poo racist?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Ugh white people.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

It is very sad that Harris is dead.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

So today's awful person we all hate online is some dentist from Minnesota who paid $50,000 to illegally kill a famous African lion. I checked out his Yelp page to see the kind of poo poo being poured down his business:

How boring.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Well yes, Serial is the mother of all podcasts and all other podcasts should follow in its steed. But seriously, with NPR, ESPN and the like having the budget to produce their own podcasts, where do independent podcasts turn other than Midroll?

Maybe straight to the 5 companies that advertise on podcasts? Skipping the middleman as it were.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

It's very funny reading Scott attempt to do customer support for something he doesn't understand at all.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Besson posted:

Isn't howl a mid roll thing, which is Jeff's new joint?

Come on Jeff, come in and explain why I can't see which podcasts I have downloaded so I can listen to them on the go.

I think he sold it to some big media conglomerate.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Has anyone told him about how you can easily steal the premium content?

Thanks for the reminder. Just got Andy Daly's and Hannibal Burress' albums.

jyrka fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 31, 2015

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

rotinaj posted:

How? I actually have a subscription thanks to my old WTF App subscription, but I never got THAT loving thing to work, and now I'm on Android and there's no app for it.

You don't need an app to access their website. It's https://www.howl.fm

To be honest I don't really get why people are whining so much about the android app. Everyone has Google Chrome, right?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Because the vast majority of people use their phones to listen to podcasts in situations where they aren't in front of their computers? And the majority of smartphones are Android devices? Maybe that's why.

:lol:

Do you not have internet on your phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Why does it need to be an app having a download feature rather than the website? What makes going to a website through an app better than a browser?