Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Game owns. Played the quick start rules against my fiance and she actually quite enjoyed it - surprised the hell out of me as she isn't generally into miniatures/tactics games and was just playing to humour me.

Then got a chance to play the full rules with the starter set guys and rapidly learnt just how costly making a badly judged turn in a TIE Fighter can be.

Completely misjudged how my opponent would move turning what should have been a beautiful 180 degree turn to bring him into my firing arc leaving me instead sitting in range 1 of his firing arc with my back to him.

On the strength of the games I played against him I immediately went out today and bought another X-Wing and TIE Fighter. Would have gotten the Y-Wing/Advanced but they weren't in stock - seems to be doing well in all my game stores which is promising.

Excited to see where they take the game. Hoping after the Interceptor/A-Wing/Falcon/Slave I etc that we get B-Wings/TIE Bombers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Speaking as an Australian who can't have nice things like Kessel Run events I'm insanely jealous of all of you right now.

• Locked thread