Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Colonial Air Force posted:

Just bought two starter kits.

I'm really looking forward to the Interceptors and A-Wings. Any idea if they're planning on Defenders and B-Wings?

Guaranteed I would say, I also think its guaranteed we will see a Clone Wars version too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Some dude on Boardgame Geek has made this

http://home.comcast.net/~jason.fuller/rebels.html

Now Im happy that purchasing the starter and a Y Wing and Tie Advanced will give a balanced game.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Colonial Air Force posted:

I got my starter kits today.

These are some really great models for pre-paints. I've seen so many terrible ones (D&D minis, I'm looking at you), I'm honestly very impressed.

Mine came too and Im very impressed. Downside is that I managed to snap a set of pegs, but it was easily fixed with pinning with a bit of brass rod. Also i got sent a Tie Fighter expansion instead of a TIE advanced. Hoping they let me keep the TIE and send me a Advanced, but thats probably wishful thinking.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

WerrWaaa posted:

Local players are a bit miffed because they think the game is weighted toward the Rebels. The claim is that the shields and R2 units favor them too much. A counter argument was given that the Empire players need to use more, cheaper ships to take advantage of swarm tactics, but the Rebels still win a lot more often. Has anyone come to the same / opposite conclusion? Tactical tips thus far?

Not tactical tips, but I was only reading a thread on BGG where some people were complaining the Imperials always won!

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Manifest posted:

If you aren't opposed to giving your money to a scumbag, Battlefoam is now making x-wing foam.
The loadout doesn't make sense though.
http://us.battlefoam.com/products/Star-Wars-Game-Foam-Kit.html

It's only a matter of time before Figures In Comfort and KR Multicase make some foams seeing as they both have a Wings of War selection.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Fox of Stone posted:

I now have 2 Y-wings, 3 x-wings, 5 TIEs, and a TIE advanced. God drat I forgot how much I'm a sucker for star wars toys. :negative:

How are you guys playing the Dutch Vander ability? Do you immediately grant a target lock regardless of the other ship having spent one?

We played it exactly as read on the card- ie you immediately give a target lock to your ally within 1 to 2. He can choose to lock any ship in range of him, and if he already has a target lock he may use the ability to switch lock to another different target if he wants.

Theres an argument that you should grant them a lock on the ship that Vander has a lock on, but we went with doing it exactly as read.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The Dregs posted:

How old do you think a child needs to be in order to play this game? It seems very simple from reading the OP. I'd like to try it with my son. He's 8, and Small World is perfect for him in difficulty, if that comparison helps.

Ive played it with my 6yr old son.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Needs a quick run over with a cool iron but other than its perfect!

Bought from Hotz Mats

http://www.hotzmats.com/

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I played tonight and am still getting used to the rules of the game. Two questions arose -

1) Does a regular attack with primary weapons count as an "action" as far as a stress token is concerned? IE: If I have a stressed ship, can it still do regular attacks?

2) Does spending (not applying) a target lock count as an action? If not, does that mean you can apply and use a target lock on the same turn?

1)No. Yes you can still attack
2)Spending a target lock is not an action. Its a combat modifier. So you can apply and spend in the same turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

gently caress, they wont ship them to the UK. :(

• Locked thread