Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Just bought two starter kits.

I'm really looking forward to the Interceptors and A-Wings. Any idea if they're planning on Defenders and B-Wings?

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Serotonin posted:

Guaranteed I would say, I also think its guaranteed we will see a Clone Wars version too.

Meh, Clone Wars.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

jivjov posted:

How much recreation are we talking here? Full squadron of X-Wings and Y-Wings against something like 36 TIEs? I've heard that a 4v4 match takes upwards of an hour, so a 24v36 match would take AGES.

Do we have a card for Jek Porkins?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I got my starter kits today.

These are some really great models for pre-paints. I've seen so many terrible ones (D&D minis, I'm looking at you), I'm honestly very impressed.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This sounds pretty cool, I saw the starter set at my FLGS, but I wasn't sure about it. Maybe I'll give it a shot. That said, I wonder if they'll include the best Imperial Multi-Role fighter:

Cygnus Starwing, beating the X-wing at it's own game. :clint:

So many good ships we need, and I'd expect many of them will be seen. TIE Defenders, Missile Boats, Gunboats, Skipray Blastboats, B-Wings, maybe even some cheap Z-95s....

EDIT: Maybe if there's a capital ship expansion of some kind (not full-blown capships, just assaults on them) we can even get TIE Bombers.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

jivjov posted:

I'm really starting to feel that the imperials are overpowered, or at least the point balance is off...just played a 100pt game, my buddy was able to field 4 TIEs and a TIE advanced, every single one of them named pilots, I was only able to field 2 xwings and 1 Ywing, with only a single named pilot.

Which is pretty true to the lore. The Empire fields a bunch of cheap poo poo, the Rebels have less but better ships.

E: See United States v. Soviet Union during the Cold War.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

jivjov posted:

My FLGS said they would probably start shipping in late October, and be at stores a couple weeks after that. However Fantasy Flight does not give out firm release dates, so it could slip later than that.

I'm still waiting for 40k RPG books from FFG I ordered 18 months ago.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Does Han have a special "shoots first" rule? :v:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Poopy Palpy posted:

The X-Wing expansion has Wedge, the must-run Rebel pilot, and the TIE Fighter expansion has Howlrunner, the must-run Imperial pilot. The second base set has the must-roll fourth die of each color. It's kind of insidious.

You could just get the phone app for the dice, though.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

jivjov posted:

True, but some groups hate non physical dice, and the digital app does not come with more movement templates, ships, etc.

I was just mentioning it. I bought two kits myself, and far too many TIEs. :p

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

Buying two cores sounds excessive to me unless you're a super grognard or just have lots of money you don't mind spending frivolously.

Well before Amazon had their crazy sale, it was actually cheaper to buy a second core for the three ships than to buy the ships separately.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The products are fantastic, if incredibly expensive for what they do. The owner is a complete rear end, and is notorious for things like suing competitors with spurious litigation and making idiotic demands of anything he sponsors. For example he tried to have one tournament ban anyone who used a foam container that wasn't his.

In contrast KR Multicase is very friendly and supportive of the community. I highly recommend them.

He just threatened to sue a really great wargames terrain makes because he claims he has a patent on cutting foam with a laser.

E: Here's a couple of links so we don't keep making GBS threads up the thread:
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/08/31/38873/
http://www.focusandfury.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 6, 2013

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Could get some cross-faction ships, like Gunboats and Missileboats, and also poo poo like Skipray Blastboats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

One of my favorite terrain manufacturers is now making MDF maneuver templates.
http://store.gcmshop.com/p/1930/star-wars-x-wing-maneuver-templates

• Locked thread