Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mmtt
May 8, 2009
Is Gregor one of the 4 Commandos from the SW: Republic Commandos game ? I thought he went from dishwasher that can't fight for himself to ultimate badass a bit too fast. I hope we see him again, we probably will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmtt
May 8, 2009
When I'm about to give up, they pull me back in.

All the droid episodes could have been replaced with an arc showing the rise of Maul's Underworld Empire and the season would have been better for it.
Anyway, count me onboard for this arc.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
The duel was nice, but as always it seems Jedi/Sith don't use their full powers when fighting 'normal' people. I still don't get it he didnt force choke Vizla instantly.

Anyway, here's too hoping before dying, Maul gets to be evil and kill Asoka. But that might be too dark for a kid show.

mmtt
May 8, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

The real answer is that it would be more boring to watch than a sword fight, the in universe answer is probably something like it's hard to force grab someone's throat if they're moving around a lot like characters like Vizla or Grievous tend to do.

See Indiana Jones, bringing a gun to a knifefight and all that. I'm not sure, but I think Savage force choked some Death Watch redshirts.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
While the episodea arc was cool, probably one of the best of all the seasons, Maul's rise and fall was rushed. Things could have been drawn out with him extending his influence outside Mandalore, transforming in a real threat as a third party and becoming a real wrench thrown in Palpatin's plans. Then the chancellor retaliation would have been more justified. Sidious is not one to reveal his plans and use brute force to prevail.

Sidious came in as cackling power hungry mad man instead of patient and ruthless Sith Lord. I would have preferred if he had advanced masked, taking out methodically Maul bodyguards, leaving only a path of corpses for Maul to find, increasing the tension and underlining Maul's powerlessness. But I have to admit, the fight was well done, you could feel that Sidious was really toying with them and his mastery of the force powers is unmatched.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
For those interested in the upcoming 1313 SW game, and I'm a bit more since the beginning of this arc with all the Coruscant level stuff, things don't look so hot now : http://kotaku.com/5987674/the-strange-status-of-star-wars-1313-a-hot-game-with-an-uncertain-future

Might just be your usual rumour mill, or Disney might have put the nails on the coffin here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmtt
May 8, 2009
At the end of the episode, did the Jedi Order basically say 'look, we sorry so here's your promotion to Jedi Knight, we cool' ?

It makes them sound pretty lame.

• Locked thread