Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Calliper posted:

I've been saying this since the start of season 3

It's not a bad show, but it's gotten stagnant and repetitive. I know you shouldn't expect much from a kids show based on the prequels, but there have been some legitimately good episodes. It's still just way too inconsistent.

Many will probably disagree, but I think they should make Ahsoka the de facto main character and focus on her. I'm just so sick of Anakin and everything about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Those are some fantastic comments

quote:

cool

blue

sith

star wars adventures

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Calliper posted:

Disney bought Star Wars by the way.

Looking forward to them cancelling this show and replacing it with another, shittier Clone Wars-based cartoon, like they did with Marvel.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sith Happens posted:

I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned it yet, but I just realized that within a year or two of this episode, all those little Jedi are dead.

Yeah. :smith:

Yet... :unsmigghh:

It's such a weird thing that I wish the show would address more. Everything is headed to poo poo and they just kind of seem to be ignoring it - how can they even end this show on a remotely happy note?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

See, I don't understand why Ahsoka and the kids got attacked by pirates in the first place. They were just hanging around in orbit doing nothing. Why not assemble your freaking sabers while in hyperspace? They were practically asking for it. I didn't think these episodes were bad, but I'd like to see the show get a little bit smarter.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

RunAndGun posted:

Couldn't that also be another ship of the same class as "Slave One"?

I think you're forgetting that this is a Star Wars product and so everything is a reference to something from the movies, in a large-scale effort to make the universe seem as small and uninteresting as possible.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm really interested to see how they handle Ahsoka going forward. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but she's probably my favourite character on the show (:colbert:) and I'd love to see a post-Clone Wars story centered around her.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, these episodes have been really loving good! I think that fugitive scene at the end of the first part where Ahsoka tells Anakin to trust her might be the most emotionally resonating moment of the whole show for me - there was some incredibly expressive animation at work there. I only wish it could be this good every week.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sith Happens posted:

That does seem to be the ultimate outcome of all this. If that's the case, I tend to think that Sidious would be orchestrating the whole thing for Anakin's benefit/downfall. But so far, I can't see how Sidious would have any connection to Barriss. Unless Barriss really did start acting alone and Sidious just took advantage of the situation to work to his advantage and further his own agenda. As usual.

Yeah, it seems pretty obvious that Sidious is behind all this, so they can get Ahsoka out of Anakin's life before the Episode 3 timeline begins. Although all signs point to Barriss, I don't actually think she's evil - maybe she's doing it against her will or maybe it's all just a ruse.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I never had much faith in that game, since Lucasarts barely qualifies as a developer these days.

Anyway, I didn't know the old Palpatine voice actor died. That's terrible, but I'm pretty stoked about Tim Curry :allears:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Madurai posted:

Why too bad? Offee just got 100% more interesting than she ever was before, when she was "the other spotted-face Jedi's sidekick."

Yeah, it's great to see more characters coming out against the Jedi Order. In this case, it's a perfectly logical ideology since we all know the Order is corrupt from within and is continually making all sorts of boneheaded and borderline fascist decisions. Barriss' plan to frame Ahsoka made little sense in hindsight, but I'd like to see more stories in that vein.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 4, 2013

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm not too bummed. They'll get a chance to finish off the show with a bang (that clip was awesome), and six seasons is a really long production time for a cartoon these days.

I just hope whatever they replace it with isn't quite as bad as Ultimate Spider-Man.

Edit: Wait, are they cancelling the show or just retooling it? The statement seems intentionally vague.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 11, 2013

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I liked Clone Wars, but I'm so excited that this isn't stuck in that godforsaken prequel era.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ahsoka will definitely appear in Rebels, I'm sure of it. Not necessarily as a main cast member, but I can't imagine she won't be part of it somewhere down the line. I mean Clone Wars was cancelled, but it was still a fairly loving popular show, I'm pretty sure?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, the inquisitor feels like a bit of a contrivance and is obviously only included because they're not going to have Vader be the main villain. But it makes sense, there's no real point in having Vader be the villain when he's intrinsically tied to Luke, and it'd be hard to not make him look incompetent like they did with Grievous.

Whatever, as long as it's a good show I don't care.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Oct 13, 2013

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

"We're going to show how the rebel alliance came to be"

I loving hope they retcon everything that happened in Force Unleashed, then. What a piece of poo poo.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

So my app is telling me that new episodes begin in a few days? Only in Germany right?

I looked it up, and yeah, it appears it's on the German network RTL. I actually have that channel, so I could watch it, but Germans dub everything and it'd probably be horrible.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Calliper posted:

I think its time for Star Wars Rebels to get a thread of its own

Maybe wait for a proper trailer or something? At this point I don't think there's a lot to go on.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

swickles posted:

In reality its a good show that had it continued would have been a decent sci-fi show, but that's it.

Yep, this is where I'm at. I like it, but I'm not really bummed that it was cancelled. Serenity ended up sucking.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I thought the Fives arc was really good, but I didn't really feel the loving loan interest plot, and I just reached the Jar Jar episodes, so oh well.

This show still has a problem with generating any sort of dramatic tension, since we all know what's going to happen anyway. Like, Fives isn't going to bust the conspiracy wide open, he can't. Not a huge deal, but that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Rebels since it's all about original characters and a timeline that's relatively unexplored.

Also this show is reeeaaally stretching the believability of the Anakin/Padme relationship even more than usual. Anakin is such a loving goon in those Clovis episodes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ahsoka ia awesome. She was like the only person smart enough to ever call the Jedi on their bullshit and actually get away with it. I'd be sad if they didn't follow up on her in Rebels.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Animation-wise, I think that looks way better than the extremely rigid and mechanical style of Clone Wars. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, that looks good. It's somehow still easy to forget how much loving cooler the visual design of the OT is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They released a short featuring the Mandalorian graffiti girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSJRKB8x9E

• Locked thread