Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

EddieDean posted:

I don't mind Palpatine being a vindictive cackling villain.

I love how this episode basically showed what happens when he is just like "gently caress it, I'll handle this poo poo myself". Dude has to cut loose every now and then.

Cross-Section posted:

Man, such a good trailer but I can't help but lower my expectations in preparation for the awkward hand-waving they'll likely be doing by the end of this arc. They're not gonna kill off Ahsoka, folks. Maybe Ventress, maybe Maul, but not Ahsoka.

I have faith that Ahsoka is going to go out in some heroic fashion. Probably involving an explosion or something. But as someone mentioned before, having Dooku kill her off would probably be a pretty good decision based on how Anakin offs him in Episode 3.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

mmtt posted:

At the end of the episode, did the Jedi Order basically say 'look, we sorry so here's your promotion to Jedi Knight, we cool' ?

It makes them sound pretty lame.

That's how I understood it. And yes, it made them look terrible, which made her deciding she doesn't want to return to the order very believable. I liked the bit when Ventress told Anakin that the Jedi effectively abandoned Ahsoka, which I thought was a strong moment in the show.

Overall this arc worked extremely well.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Teek posted:

From what I can tell, we're getting one more season of The Clone Wars for sure. Unknown what channel it will be on, possibly direct to home video/online release(?). That will then be the end for that iteration of the show.

Yeah, it took me a few minutes to decipher the wording of their statement before coming to the same conclusion as you. It's not much of a bummer that the show is ending, because I think we all could see the end of the line coming. I just hope that they tie up any loose ends, because I have a feeling the Clone Wars era is dying with the show.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

They really did kill this thing one or two seasons too early. I'll never understand outright axing a relatively successful show without giving it a chance to have an actual ending.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

Having her return as anything optimistic would feel like a let down.

Why? Obviously she's the type of character, being Anakin's apprentice, who would find it easy to live outside the rigid dogma of the Jedi Order. She'd probably thrive without all of their restrictions on her shoulders.

Plus, I think any grudge against the Jedi would die the moment they were slaughtered. She left the organization, but they were still her lifelong friends and colleagues. She doesn't seem like a character that would sit around and poo poo talk the Jedi Order, and by extension, it's former members.

EDIT: On a sidenote, I have always found it amazing how the prequels could completely poo poo the bed with Anakin's characterization, yet this show managed to make him a really solid and interesting character.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

"The last time we saw you you had just walked away from the Jedi, seemingly your entire view of it shattered but now you want it back more than anybody?"

Her pining for the good ol' days would probably be shown as clearly nostalgic, which makes sense. She spent her entire young life with the Order. Just because they had a falling out in the end doesn't mean she would view that entire era with bitterness. She was the one who chose to leave.

If anything the character might have developed a sense of misguided guilt, thinking that perhaps she could have helped save the Jedi before they were slaughtered if she had just stayed. The character could basically stay the same personality-wise (although more mature with age), while at the same time sitting on these sort of nostalgic and "what if?" feelings.

• Locked thread