Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes.

Man, did Leo Kruger ever change. :stare:
They have to put together a video package for him using this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes.

Man, did Leo Kruger ever change. :stare:

Yeah, didn't he do a promo before this?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Yeah, didn't he do a promo before this?

Yeah but it didn't really explain anything. He just...changed.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah but it didn't really explain anything. He just...changed.

There was a backstage segment a few weeks ago after he lost to somebody where he took out his fake tooth and started acting crazy. I guess the loss made him snap. Also we're just expected to ignore his previous backstory because he grew up in the bush now.

Superstars October 11, 2012

Part 1 Tyson Kidd vs. Wade Barrett
Part 2 Justin Gabriel vs. Antonio Cesaro

Two really good matches this week!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

NXT October 10, 2012

Part 1 CM Punk promo, Johnny Curtis vs. Bo Dallas, Paige/Audrey vs. Kaitlyn/Alicia
Part 2 Jake Carter/Trent backstage, Rollins/Punk promo, Kruger vs. Dante Dash, Kruger promo, McGillicutty promo
Part 3 Rollins vs. McGillicutty with Punk, JR, and Regal on commentary

I'm happy to be able to see this show at all but I wish this guy would upload at something higher than 380p.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Saturday Morning Slam October 13, 2012

Part 1 Miz vs. Justin Gabriel, Jim Johnson segment
Part 2 Sin Cara vs. Jinder Mahal

I'm curious as to how Miz will use his finisher as headshots aren't allowed.

(It turns out they just cut away from the impact and called it the Crushing Finale.)

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

I just watched Leo Kruger's match against Dante Dash(?) and ... well... his promo afterwards is awful and he comes across like a Dollar Store Mick Foley.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

October 17, 2012

Part 1 Miz/Kofi build
Part 2 Miz/Kofi
Part 3 Miz/Kofi finish (long match!), Ryder vs. Ziggler, Ziggler promo

October 17, 2012

Part 1 Jinder Mahal vs. Alex Riley, Trent Barreta vs. Jake Carter
Part 2 Damien Sandow promo, Sandow vs. Brandon Traven
Part 3 Ascension & Kassius Ohno vs. Usos & Richie Steamboat

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 18, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Did they clone Robert Roode to have him job to Damien Sandow? Also audio's off sync sadly.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

If you mean they got a guy who looks nothing like Roode to job to Damien Sandow, yes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cardboard Box posted:

If you mean they got a guy who looks nothing like Roode to job to Damien Sandow, yes.

Even in the Synchtube I watched the show in, everyone was making Roode jokes. He looks like a fat Roode.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I don't see it at all.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

October 17 or 18 or 20, 2012

Tensai vs. McGillicutty
Raw recap
Beth vs. Kaitlyn
More Raw recap

I don't even know what day Superstars airs on anymore. Reports differ. Sadly it's the show that's been hit the hardest by the ever-expanding WWE TV lineup, but at least we tend to get a good match on Main Event to make up for it.

Tensai/McGillicutty was surprisingly decent and McGillicutty showed good babyface fire for some reason. They cut to crowd shots repeatedly because McG was bleeding from the nose a little bit, and one of said shots must have been from around 2009 as it included a "JEFF HARDY SWANTON BOMB" sign. That's just lazy, video editing guys.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 20, 2012

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a link to Daniel Bryan vs Tyson Kidd from Slam yet?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

rotinaj posted:

Does anyone have a link to Daniel Bryan vs Tyson Kidd from Slam yet?

Here's the whole show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

I don't see it at all.

I do. I thought the same loving thing.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Santino's commentary is so bad in this match between Bryan and Kidd...

But DB is so good.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

rotinaj posted:

But DB is so good.
Funnily enough, in the recent WWE magazine, Bryan said that his guilty pleasure is watching bad wrestling and named Santino as an example lol

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Was Daniel Bryan the only guy in the world who was told the no shots to the head rule?

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

rotinaj posted:

But DB is so good.

Santino might work in this case since the show is for children. The Bryan/Kidd match was a fun little match that deserved to be seen by more people.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cechmanek posted:

The Bryan/Kidd match was a fun little match that deserved to be seen by more people.
Absolutely, and they both looked like they were just having fun doing it. I lost it at Bryan's post Airplane Spin dropkick.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

rotinaj posted:

But DB is so good.

His commentary was perfect for a child. Which is the target audience of this show.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I'm a grown man, and honestly I enjoyed it. Santino dropping little bits of education here and there was pretty charming.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Santino's commentary was perfect for a simple child. Children are capable of understanding adult conversation. Santino was inches from going "FALL DOWN GO BOOM HAHAHAHAHA".

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Ryder really needs a new finisher if he's going to be one of the focal talents on SLAMS.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

rotinaj posted:

Santino's commentary was perfect for a simple child.

Mind you, this is saturday morning pro wrestling we're talking about here.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Jefferoo posted:

Lowest common denominator, brother.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Watching Main Event now, and it's so weird hearing JBL actually say good things about The Miz.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jefferoo posted:

How dare you try to argue that point with Damien Sandow as your avatar.

For shame.

Jim Ross could call matches without going into babytalk about how after the airplane spin, they'll both be dizzy! Fall down go boom!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

rotinaj posted:

How dare you try to argue that point with Damien Sandow as your avatar.

For shame.

Jim Ross could call matches without going into babytalk about how after the airplane spin, they'll both be dizzy! Fall down go boom!

You should probably not be so uptight about children,s television shows.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Foreigners sure do talk funny.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Ryder really needs a new finisher if he's going to be one of the focal talents on SLAMS.

I've always wondered why he doesn't use his Zack Attack anymore.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TEGGS posted:

I've always wondered why he doesn't use his Zack Attack anymore.

Still an attack to the head.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

KungFu Grip posted:

Still an attack to the head.

Also it managed to make the Overdriver even more improbable.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The GIG posted:

You should probably not be so uptight about children,s television shows.

Or maybe you should hold children's TV to a higher standard.

edit: What I'm trying to get at through jokes is that I hate when children's TV is patronizing. Children are a lot smarter than people give them credit for, and if they are challenged to try and be more thoughtful, they will often meet the challenge. I would have eaten it up as a kid if JR and Grisham or someone explained basic wrestling stuff in an easier-to-understand, kayfabe manner.

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 24, 2012

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

rotinaj posted:

Or maybe you should hold children's TV to a higher standard.

edit: What I'm trying to get at through jokes is that I hate when children's TV is patronizing. Children are a lot smarter than people give them credit for, and if they are challenged to try and be more thoughtful, they will often meet the challenge. I would have eaten it up as a kid if JR and Grisham or someone explained basic wrestling stuff in an easier-to-understand, kayfabe manner.
It's a delicate balance: too simple and the kids will feel talked down to. Too advanced and you lose their attention. My 2 little nieces already understand the concept of sarcasm (as when my brother asked the young what she was reading and she replied: "Why? You can't read?") but still barrage me with questions about what goes on in My Little Pony and why everyone acts the way they do (you try explaining 'peer pressure' to a 4 and 5 year old).

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
I already have Elmo for that :colbert: and once upon a time we had Mister Rogers for that too :qq:

I think that a wrestling commentator can speak at a "higher" level for Saturday Morning Slam so long as they're not relying on insider references.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I haven't heard the commentary in question, but there's no reason why the commentary on a kids' show would have to be annoying to anyone over the age of 6.

The old Hogan era Superstars was also a Saturday Morning show aimed at children, but while my mom usually thought wrestling was idiotic she begrudgingly enjoyed Jesse Ventura's commentary.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Okay since it hasn't been posted today, but I'll try

October 24, 2012

Part 1 Heath Slater, Dusty and Viki promo, Brodus vs Camacho, Kassius Ohno vs Trent Barretta part 1
Part 2 Finish to Kassius vs Trent, Layla and Alicia Fox vs Paige and Audrey Marie, Bronson vs Lincoln Brodrick,Kassius Ohno tearing up a college classroom, Antonio promo :swoon:
Part 3 Antonio Promo continue :allears:, Tyson Kidd confronts Antonio :fap:, Main event Heath Slater with Viki vs Seth Rollins (Guess this was before 3MB)
New commentator, new announcer it seems (at least in Part 1), and what happened to Hunico?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I completely forgot it was Thursday. Oops.

Thanks for posting!

• Locked thread